Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
your soul before birth
    #3030067 - 08/20/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

this has been bothering me awhile, its kinda hard to explain but ill try anyways.

so before your conscience is born you dont have any memories and you dont really exist. then suddenly one instand BAM! you are all a sudden a self-aware being.

now lots of people like to think of the idea after death they will still be themselves in some sort of form, as in life after death, but how come nobody ever thinks of life before birth?

i mean for all we know there is something that happen before we are aware of ourselfs.

or perhaps when you die, you become just like you where before you where born, completly and totally non existant besides in the memories of those still alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: your soul before birth [Re: guri]
    #3030069 - 08/20/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That is called reincarnation

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3030088 - 08/20/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guri said:
but how come nobody ever thinks of life before birth?

Did a turnip truck just pass by?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineguri

Re: your soul before birth [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3030112 - 08/20/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
That is called reincarnation

yeah but that means your souls has already been born, im talking about straight the start of you

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3030116 - 08/20/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sylvia Browne's books will give you very detailed explanations on this.

Caveat lector, the validity of the material is still subject to question. Regardless, it is a very interesting subject to read.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3030128 - 08/20/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Consciousness is an emergent property of a biological entity. When the biolgocial entity no longer exists neither does the consciousness.

Asking what happens to consciousness after death is as silly as asking what happens to the green in my eyes after death or asking where my height went to.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3030931 - 08/21/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"perhaps when you die, you become just like you where before you where born, completly and totally non existant besides in the memories of those still alive."

You may have something there...or perhaps we lose our individuality on the return to the source.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: your soul before birth [Re: Swami]
    #3030956 - 08/21/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Usually you are more logical. You have to admit that you DO NOT KNOW what occurs after death. You are making a very informed guess, but that is still just an assumption. As for me...I do not know. A funny thing, though, is that life after death is totally irrelevant to spiritual belief. A spiritual path is meant to guide us through our lives until the end is reached. At that point it's practical use has been exhausted. Believing in life after death is not going to help you to be a successful human. I think it is the certain knowledge of our death that helps us to be better humans.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3031054 - 08/21/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I Just realised in your second reply what the actual question is, "i think".LOL I thought you were talking about pre birth of this life's existance.

If you beleive in eternal life then there is no before consciousness. Even if there was there is no way of knowing it.

You are asking where did original consciousness come from right?

I've back tracked it as far as the ONE that individuated itself. At that point the individuations were still in sync with the One mind. Like if you took cups of water from the ocean, each cup still contains the whole makeup of the water, a micro of the macro. One of the goals orginating goals of the split, being to know what it was through another was not fullfilled by just this. There was no objectivity. It had to get the individuated pieces acting independently and objectively from one another. Knowing only one mind and one heart, it couldn't be done without creating an illusive realm where the individuations could be programmed into a state of forgetting they are a whole of the one and they had to beleive they were separated from the others. Now independant free will movement and creation could take play for objective observance and self reflection.  Once an indivduated piece rememebers it is a whole of the one, it splits itself and becomes a guiding oversoul until they all split and then that one goes on to create universes of it own, it never ends.

I could add so much to this it will make your head spin. When I start delving deeper on boards, people tell me I make them dizzy. It is always a work in progress too.

There is a lot more to it and dicovering that through your own experiences and revelations is what this is all about. This might give you a frame work of sorts for understanding a bigger picture to play with, not 'the" biggest picture for it goes on forever in all directions. It can't be seen in full and on top of that, the picture itself is also changing as we continually add to it.

Take a break on this soon or else it will fry your brain. We don't have the comprehensive abilities yet for grasping most of this. I would suggest taking it in baby steps and breaks. It is the ultimate quest and greatest adventure, is it not?:heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3031072 - 08/21/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Soul is just a word humans created to make our egos feel better about our impending death. Scary if you ask me.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: your soul before birth [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3031177 - 08/21/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Usually you are more logical. You have to admit that you DO NOT KNOW what occurs after death. You are making a very informed guess, but that is still just an assumption.

Is it? When you blow out a candle, is there any way of knowing that the flame does not got to heaven? No. Is there ONE SINGLE REASON (other than fear or superstition) why we should believe otherwise? No.

Consciousness emerges when the brain matures. We can see in detail what happens when the brain deteriorates. The person experiencing the deterioration becomes LESS aware of his/her surroundings, loses memory and the ability to think logically. Magically - in direct opposition to every other known phenomenon - when this deterioration is complete; i.e. death; then suddenly consciousness returns in an even greater form? This type of non-linear response not ony has ZERO evidence, but no other precedent.

But then I am just a close-minded skeptic who has been 100% right on every single metaphysical phenomenon that I have attacked.

see:

The Nessie deathbed hoax confession

The 1914 Fairie Photograph hoax deathbed confession

The Yeti 8mm file hoax deathbed confession

The Marfa Lights exposed

Crop Circles exposed

Roswell and the mylar weather balloon

The Phoenix Lights / military flares misidentification exposed

The Gulf Breeze Hoax exposed

John Edward cold-reading exposed

Harmonic Convergence nonsense exposed

Planet X B.S. to which I risked $20K.

And of course - the upcoming 2012 Mayan/Mckenna crap - which by that time will be forgotten and a new mass of sludge will be overtaking susceptable minds.

- and way too many more to list.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3031194 - 08/21/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Do you think memories are carried down through elephants through generations in the Matriarch?

--------------------
What?

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3031591 - 08/21/04 04:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

But then I am just a close-minded skeptic ...

'Cynic' would be more accurate.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3031757 - 08/21/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>>>or perhaps when you die, you become just like you where before you where born, completly and totally non existant besides in the memories of those still alive.<<<

Check out the dream I had last nite!

If the implications of this are real then there is another realm which the soul comes from. I think you can only be aware of the other realm whilst in it but while there you understand it, you came from it before and you shall return.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: your soul before birth [Re: dog]
    #3031770 - 08/21/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

'Cynic' would be more accurate.

Webster:

cyn?ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (snk)
n.

Cynic: A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue.

--------------------

Offlineguri

Re: your soul before birth [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3031951 - 08/21/04 08:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

not that i really buy into the idea of reincarnation but i do see one flaw with it, being that if its a cycle that just repeats its self over and over and over, when did it all start?

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #3031965 - 08/21/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

But then I am just a close-minded skeptic who has been 100% right on every single metaphysical phenomenon that I have attacked.

have been right in your own mind you mean......

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: your soul before birth [Re: spudamore]
    #3031976 - 08/21/04 09:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No, I mean in reality. That partial list above was strongly backed by believers that I discussed with over the decades. At the time I said it was BS and that the truth would one day emerge. It did. And the 2012 stuff will fall as flat as all the rest.

I have been doing Swami $20 K Challenges for years with only one taker (Planet Niburu arrival date - never arrived). Not one proponent of the paranormal has ever been willing to put up such a wager.

Life is indeed mysterious, but nature's rules are NOT bent willy-nilly.

--------------------

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
    #3031994 - 08/21/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Swami,

Do you believe you have total knowledge that consciousness ceases to exist upon death? 100% accurate with no way of disproving it?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: your soul before birth [Re: Zoso_UK]
    #3032008 - 08/21/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Zoso, read up negative proof and logic and you will have your answer.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder