Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Running out of things to say?
    #3029233 - 08/20/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Do you find that with friends you've known a long time that you have less to say when you chat?

I mean some of my closest friends we chat really about nothing and it feels like its just because everything we talk about we've already talked about before.

It seems the only thing new and interesting to talk about is just bitching about something at work or if something interesting is going on in our lives we have something to speak about..

But most of the time its just chatting about nothing really and mostly just playing cards..

I know with a few friends theres always politics to chat about and things of that sort, but most of my closest friends don't follow politics or science/tech like I do so there is rarely anything else interesting for me to chat about.

I wonder how it will be when we are all 50-60yrs old!  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePumpkin_Blythe
Pumpkinee

Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: Thor]
    #3029377 - 08/20/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:heart:Oh no Thor I am the opposite. I always have so much to say I just have to stop typing and pick up the phone! lol See for me my closet friends are the ones I can tell ANYTHING, so if I saw a cute guy or I flirted with the drive through dude at McDonalds, we can turn that into a 45 minute talk! See that is the point really when you have such a good friend you do not have to really have anything to say at all.  :heart:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: Pumpkin_Blythe]
    #3029398 - 08/20/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

See in my eyes.. What is the point of talking about a cute girl. I mean the most I would say is like man I saw this chick today that made me pop a chubby. Then we would laugh and thats it.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: Pumpkin_Blythe]
    #3029408 - 08/20/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe, well see for girls its easy, ya all talk quite comfortably about anything.

See as a guy I like to have a point to discuss, otherwise I'd just rather not chat, and I'm pretty chatty when I'm in the mood.

I'm even worse on the phone, I'm just to the point and keep it short. I can't help it, but then again when talking to a girl on the phone well thats another thing altogether.

Just when its the boys we really don't chat about much other than nonesense, which really isn't so bad cause its always a funny ass conversation  :grin:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3029414 - 08/20/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i slept in a closet last night.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: TODAY]
    #3029421 - 08/20/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

lol, see thats quality right there  :grin: :thumbup:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3029438 - 08/20/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

guy talk is a funny thing. we make fun of a lot of things, mostly people we know, and talk about stuff we can't infront of girls. we fart and burb as loud as we can if its boys night too. i actually did have a conversation about politics last night, but it was after me and my friend's games of super mario nes and adult swim on the cartoon network. i've had whole conversations of simpson/family guy/futuramma quotes with my buddies.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (08/20/04 05:11 PM)

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3029450 - 08/20/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i was shrooming last night on a solo
mission at the beach. and when i was done
being alone with my thoughts,
i walked back to the beachpad where my bestfriend
was. we dont really talk much anymore, cuz
we've taked pretty much about everything.
but on the mushrooms, it didnt matter.
the presence of my besfriend was more than enough.
we just shoot the shit and crack jokes.
his g/f hit him in the eye and he
started whining. then 5 minutes later, we're chillin in
the car at the gas station all quiet..
(i havent really said much cuz i was overwhelmed)
i blurt out "can i hit the other eye?"
trippin fun times.
cheers to best friends! :sun::heart::sun:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #3029513 - 08/20/04 05:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ive noticed with my better friends, will talk about something that is new, then we start bitching about related topics untill the point where we get to things weve been arguing about for years.

Offlinehairs
old hand
Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: guri]
    #3029713 - 08/20/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i was eating at a restuarant with a 5 year friend (im 18) and i notice this old couple sitting next to us hadn't said one word to eachother the entire time, so i made a comment to my friend, and he replied "they probably have already said everything there is to say"

I think he was right

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3029742 - 08/20/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's strange, sometimes when I'm with my friends, we don't talk all that much.

But then when we get stoned, we just talk and talk and talk, about weird, insane, crazy stuff. It's pretty cool.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3029754 - 08/20/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"See as a guy I like to have a point to discuss, otherwise I'd just rather not chat, and I'm pretty chatty when I'm in the mood."

Exactly!

But with my best friend we are always doing new shit together and having new stuff to talk aboot with it. weed ALWAYS helps talking, stupid shit but when i think about it that type of shit really strengthens the friendship. I wouldnt say im a homophobe but i get pretty uncomfortable around them (no reason and i know i shouldnt...) and yet i can be ass naked with really good friends.

with my and my best mates its almost liek a relationship but with no bickering or sexual aspects. its almost liek your in tune with them, often speech isnt needed as you somehow can see what they are thinking and you go off and do it.

I also only do drugs either solo or with true friends. and when we do there is countless things to talk about. especially in the following week when we try and figure out what exactly happened. its like a mystery novel you get to solve with your friends. really actually quite fun.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3030246 - 08/20/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yep, just being able to sit in silence sometimes is a great thing.i think the more you think about what you say or how much you say, the less you are going to talk.

do you feel the need to say stuff all the time?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3030332 - 08/20/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

No not at all, its just an observation me and my friends have made these last 5yrs especially.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3031318 - 08/21/04 01:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I agree, with some people you just don't have much to say after a long period of time. but sometimes there's no need to say anything, you can just be. But with new people it's almost nescissairy to talk.
With some people you always have shit to talk about :thumbup:

Quote:

I'm even worse on the phone, I'm just to the point and keep it short. I can't help it, but then again when talking to a girl on the phone well thats another thing altogether.

haha i know what you mean :lol:

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3031508 - 08/21/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:
Do you find that with friends you've known a long time that you have less to say when you chat?

I mean some of my closest friends we chat really about nothing and it feels like its just because everything we talk about we've already talked about before.

It seems the only thing new and interesting to talk about is just bitching about something at work or if something interesting is going on in our lives we have something to speak about..

But most of the time its just chatting about nothing really and mostly just playing cards..

I know with a few friends theres always politics to chat about and things of that sort, but most of my closest friends don't follow politics or science/tech like I do so there is rarely anything else interesting for me to chat about.

I have this same issue, but its not 'constant'.  Some  nights I can go out and just relax and not really talk about much, other tnights we can talk about the same ole shit over and over and its great..

IMO its part of being comfortable with your friends or mate.  You've learned what you can learn, so there is no more proding and poking for information during the conversations.

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3031622 - 08/21/04 04:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:

i hate that uncomfortable silence with friends when you run out of things to talk about on the phone. towards the end of the conversation, when you dont know to cut it off or still keep thinking of things to talk about. in person though i never have that problem. im finding it more and more boring to shoot the shit with new people though, especially people at clubs or work.i hate smalltalk. guess im just getting introverted or something... wait, im shooting the shit right now on the shroomery  :confused:

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

OfflineHawkeye3
Stranger
Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: synthesis]
    #5621012 - 05/12/06 12:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I find there's never enough things to talk about, even with my best friends. In fact, it seems as the years go by, we find new and interesting things to talk about every day. The thing I really love about these guys and girls that I am the closes with is the fact that I feel like we can talk about anything, because we've talked about so much already.

If anything, just talk about life, death, the birth of the universe, heaven, hell, ghosts, spirituality, and the slew of thousandsa of other things that never get boring.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: Hawkeye3]
    #5621052 - 05/12/06 12:10 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

haha wow a lot of good ideas in this post
for me:
i can always talk with my best friend about anything and there is never a dry spot in the convo (When there is it's filled with drug related chat :1up: some of my other closest friends its the same way

with my closest friends also, during periods of silence its like we dont have to say anything becuase we are all on the same thought track and we just know (generally best achieved with psychedelics) 

with new people though its weird. i wouldnt call it a clash of introversion vs. extroversion. but at times i feel like being chatty with people i dont know in an attempt to meet/learn somone/something new. but at times i question why bother talking/being nice to a random  person.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #5621082 - 05/12/06 12:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:

You'll be standing by the street going "Yep" "Yep" "Uh huh" "Yep".:grin:

Yeah, I have friends that I have been friends with for most, if not all, of my life and we get together and don't really say much, at all. We will talk about current events and happenings in our respective lives and just chillax together.

It is the same with love relationships. Alot of people wrongly perceive this to be a relationship going flat, or boing, because there's nothing new to know about the other person. That's when the love should be blossoming, really. The intimacy of the situation doesn't have to be muddled with words, because you already can pretty much tell what the other person's going to say. Peas and carrots.

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: blissedout]
    #5621089 - 05/12/06 12:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

My favorite people in the whole world are those who I can exist around in complete silence and not feel awkward about it. That's when I know I've found friends.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5621117 - 05/12/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

No doubt! I miss my friends. They are all in Birmingham. The old, close, inner circle friends are, anyway.:sad:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Running out of things to say? [Re: blissedout]
    #5621126 - 05/12/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:frown:  That's sad. I've never lived anywhere else and I'm so scared to move but I know I have to - and that's gonna be one of the hardest parts. And I dunno if I should move somewhere where I'll find at least one or two familiar faces, or if I should just immerse myself in something completely new.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract