Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineo0PapaSmurf0o
AscendedMaster

Loc: satx.rr.com
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: brainwreck]
    #2151027 - 12/01/03 11:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

brainwreck said:
I tried the temp cycling with a casing of Thai KS on popcorn cased with verm/coir. Once again the knots began to form on the fifth day, and on day 7 pins are clearly visible. So either these thai koh samui are fast, or temp cycling works like magic. Is there anyone out there growing Thai Koh Samui that has experienced longer fruiting times ?

I currently have a casing of koh samui which did a great job of pinning. However, now I seem to be getting alot of aborts and it seems to be taking forever. It started pinning on 10/20 and I still do not have any fruits just pins and aborts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebrainwreck
Fungal Ally
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: BangoBojangles]
    #2151366 - 12/02/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BangoBojangles said:
I am growing B+ cubenis by Pftek. The jars are currently about 75% colonized. Is the correct stage to perform your proposed temperature cycling?

No I would wait untill they are fully colonized

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: brainwreck]
    #2153165 - 12/02/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So let me get this straight, you guys are saying that this would take time off of the fruiting process?? Meaning, it would take days off the normal amount of time it takes to get a harvest from the time you put the casing/cake in the fruiting chamber. I'm glad this discussion came up as I've been wondering, what is the average amount of time you guys have noticed it takes a casing to be ready to harvest from the time u put it in the grow chamber. The average I've seen is consistently 10 days, that's w. out cold shocking. Any one else care to chime in??

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

Offlinebluecaps024
Stranger
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: Visigoth]
    #2157939 - 12/04/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hannibal, when you put your casings into the 75 temps for two days do you also give them fresh air and light or do you just leave the foil or whatever over your casings?

Offlineforevrgrounded98
Stranger

Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: bluecaps024]
    #2177787 - 12/14/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

should this continue all the way through the fruiting process or just until you get your pins?
-matt

--------------------
"If I don't see ya before the end of this one, I'll meet ya in the next one and don't be late" - Jimi Hendrix

OfflineDOBOS
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCL [Re: BangoBojangles]
    #2177821 - 12/14/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well cultivated observations and theory. DAMM honestly have been thinking the same twice daily, NOT trying to say i thought that toooo. Simply saying you are probally right as my experience would lean with what you state, GOOD women man

--------------------
The mark of an imature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: o0PapaSmurf0o]
    #2184665 - 12/17/03 03:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey does anyone have anything new to report????

this thread make me drool, espically the thought of maybe having my first casing pin quick

I birthed one today and the other in incubating

so then its a race!

I am a little scared about taking it out of the incubator , putting it int the fridge then back in the incubator before I throw it back in the fruiting chamber, but I think I will try....if I still have the balls.......after I incubate for a couple of days

I will let YOU GUYS KNOW........so let me know

whats up
how many people have tried this and give it "the nod of approval"???????

--------------------

Offlineforevrgrounded98
Stranger

Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2185036 - 12/17/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

its been less than 3 days and I have pins starting on a few cakes that I put in a bucket with some perlite and a little mist with some fanning. I went from 85ish to 70ish every 24 hrs. Good stuff, but should i keep this up when they start fruiting too?
-matt

--------------------
"If I don't see ya before the end of this one, I'll meet ya in the next one and don't be late" - Jimi Hendrix

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: forevrgrounded98]
    #2185677 - 12/17/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No, this is only to innitiate pinning. You should return to optimal fruiting co nditions.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: Hannibal88]
    #3021496 - 08/19/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This is kinda humorous :lol: definitely not a major breakthrough triggering pins. Are you suggesting pinning on a partially colonized cake? Maybe I missed something? Are you even suggesting fanning an uncolonized cake? I really having a hard time comprehending this thread? Sorry :frown:

Edited by dcyans (08/19/04 12:24 AM)

OfflineKillBill
Quick Learner
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: hyphae]
    #3021607 - 08/19/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Dcyans, instead of incubating till the myc was ready to fruit and then putting in the fruiting chamber, you incubate then cold shock (or put into fruiting chamber) then remove after a day and put back into the incubator then after a day put back into the fruiting chamber. This will induce pinning faster. I only have two casings and they're both my first made but i'll give this a try as soon as the first incubating part is done.

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: Hannibal88]
    #3021775 - 08/19/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Id like to add that nowhere in ur post does it mention what species u are
refering too. I assume ur talking cubies

Quote:

The temperature cycles were key.
Quote:

Wow great discovery. Are u saying here that thats the only trigger u need
to innitiate pinning???
Lol, sorry but this post is funny.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: Visigoth]
    #3023956 - 08/19/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Visigoth said:I'm glad this discussion came up as I've been wondering, what is the average amount of time you guys have noticed it takes a casing to be ready to harvest from the time u put it in the grow chamber. The average I've seen is consistently 10 days, that's w. out cold shocking. Any one else care to chime in??

Vis

10-11 days has been a consistent average for my friends. That's incubating at 85, casing, 2-3 days more at 85, then into the fruiting chamber at 70-73. No cold-shocking required.

From looking at this method it seems that it may shave a day or two off the pinning time, but at the expense of more work.

I've always thought that simulating the natural environment is the best way to go. So giving the mycelium daily temperature variations may well be the best way to get good pinning. OTOH, the standard method works just fine and gives such good results that I find it hard to believe that there could be much room for improvement. Shaving a day or two off the pining time is one of the few areas where there is room for improvement.

-FF

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3024176 - 08/19/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome pinsets are a result of timing, The coincidence of the pinning triggers AT ONCE! True anyone can trigger pins to a certain extent but your best pinsets will always come from the use of all triggers at once.

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
    #3028026 - 08/20/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

For the fierst pin set, mutilple triggers (light, O2, full colonization of substrate, and lower temp)

But every other pin set gets triggered by temp only, as they have perpetually been in an O2 rich tub, with light, and the substrate is allready fully colonized.

I get great pin sets by dropping the terrarium temps to the low 60's at night. wait three days and BOOM pins galore.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: meanoldman]
    #3028092 - 08/20/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What ever works for you is what matters, many times the second flush is bigger than the first, has that been your experience at all? Sounds to me like you are doing just fine! :wink:

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
    #3028438 - 08/20/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah, the second flush always beats the hell out of the first flush.

Offlinet3daystrip
Stranger

#18512197 - 07/04/13 02:52 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I to am an aryan grower and i just wanted to complement on the name. I hafve been studying growth of P.C and i wanted your thoughts on pinning i have 2 trays fully colonized and starting to poosibly getting overlay started. I need these boys to start pinning its been almost 2 wks since fully cased. they are brazil it might matter on your response, but this one out off 10 days i mean should have pinned, i tryed lights and temp last night wondering if fridge is a good idea. if you could give me some input on me id appreciate it,
Dale

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Loc: O
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: t3daystrip]
    #18512204 - 07/04/13 02:54 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

t3daystrip said:
I to am an aryan grower and i just wanted to complement on the name. I hafve been studying growth of P.C and i wanted your thoughts on pinning i have 2 trays fully colonized and starting to poosibly getting overlay started. I need these boys to start pinning its been almost 2 wks since fully cased. they are brazil it might matter on your response, but this one out off 10 days i mean should have pinned, i tryed lights and temp last night wondering if fridge is a good idea. if you could give me some input on me id appreciate it,
Dale

Doubt you're going to get an answer on an 8 year old thread

--------------------
:tard:

OfflinePsilicon
Really Nice Guy

Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: B_BOY]
    #18516684 - 07/05/13 03:22 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

It takes a special kind of person to necromance a 9-year-old advanced mycology thread to state that he is also a racist, then ask for fruiting advice.  One hell of a first post.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate