Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
quick shroom tea question
    #3024458 - 08/19/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hi guys 25 minutes ago i drunk a shroom tea i made. i never had made a tea before and i think that i did it with a wrong way.

i boiled water and let is cool for 2-3 minutes just to be hot not boiling and then i applyied it on the shrooms which were on a draining thing. and then i drunk the magic juice.

do u think i should let the shrooms int he hot water for 15 minutes ( this is what a friend told me...a bit too late though)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3024624 - 08/19/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wait and see :wink:

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #3026699 - 08/20/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

damn.... no effects at all
i did it with the wrong way:-(((

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3027238 - 08/20/04 03:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

1 - put 1.5 cups of water into a pot, bring it to a rolling boil.
2 - add the shrooms, turning heat down from 9 to 6.5 if you have a standard american stove, and let boil 10 minutes at a slightly less boisterous boil
3 - add about 1/4 cup of water to counter the boiling off effect
4 - wait 5 more minutes (total of 15 all together 10+5=15)
5 - take off heat, drain out water into a tea cup or whatever, adding a drop of honey and a teabag
6 - strain out the shroom husks with chesscloth or just squeeze them against the side of the pot with a spoon to get whatever liquid is in them out into the tea cup
7 - let sit for about 5 minutes, add a touch of milk, and drink

I've had a number of dreams about doing it this way, and in the dreams, it is always successful as if I had eaten the same amount.

Enjoy. :smile:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3027262 - 08/20/04 04:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

did you also eat the shrooms?

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: stefan]
    #3027306 - 08/20/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No, just strain as much liquid out of them as possible. The point is to avoid eating them. With the milk, honey, and tea, it tastes like nice tea and not at all like mushrooms.

It also works quicker. I feel the head change within 10 minutes usually, as opposed to eating which takes about 30 minutes. This is probably because the work of extracting the psilocybin from the mushrooms is done already.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: myndreach]
    #3027318 - 08/20/04 05:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I find that if I put a tea-bag into the tea, the caffeine makes the come-up even more edgy and jittery.  I now use lemon and ginger herbal tea :smile:

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
    #3027451 - 08/20/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It is important to note you should grind the mushrooms up to as fine a powder as you can (coffee grinder) to facilitate better psilocybin extraction.

Here's the recipe I've used in the past many times with great success.  In fact, the last mushrooms I had were so powerful I really only enjoyed them in tea, as it cut out a lot of the wobbly body effects they seemed to have (never experienced that before) and allowed the more "psychedelic" effects to come through clearer.

1 Japanese cast iron tea pot (with strainer basket, as it's for tea leaves.. works great for straining out mushrooms, too :smile: )
2-3 grams (more if they're not potent) mushrooms, ground up fine
2 bags peppermint tea (peppermint covers ALL taste completely... so tastey.  I've tried others, but peppermint is my favorite for this)

Boil a kettle of water, add mushrooms to tea pot and pour water over powdered mushrooms.  Add tea bags and cover.  Steep for approximately 10 minutes.  Sometimes I go a little longer (15 mins).

Strain out the material, add your choice of sweetener, and enjoy!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: ChiLong]
    #3027823 - 08/20/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: Anno]
    #3028666 - 08/20/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
Here is what I use:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26054

I've used a very similar method and it seems that I end up getting a much reduced level of trip. The last time was with 11 gms dry split between two people, which should have been a remarkable trip, and it only resulted in an average trip. I was using Earl Grey tea to mask the shroom flavor. It works great.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3029196 - 08/20/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well today i had the BEST most powerful DMTospiritualEnlightening trip of my life. the key to paradise:
27 (only!!!!) wet cubes had been put in boiling water, then stopped the heat,add lemon juice and let them in there for 15 minutes. i strain the liquid in a bottle.
Then i take the same shrooms again and do the same procedure. Finally i squeeze the shrooms to put out their last fluids and i have an ultra potion. Then added sour cherries juice. then i drunk it. then i went into other worlds....

i don't know what happened...maybe the lemon juice? maybe the sour cherries? i cant understand that i had THIS trip with only 27g cubes. Unbelivable experience

P.S. i forgot to say that i cut all the shroomies into very small pieces.

Edited by Hamurabi (08/20/04 04:06 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3029343 - 08/20/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>I've used a very similar method and it seems that I end up getting a much reduced level of trip.

I couldn't confirm this. If anything the trip is even more powerful, starts faster, but is of shorter duration.

Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
    #3029749 - 08/20/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Would a tea still be as effective if you didnt grind them up but instead just soaked them for maybe 15 minutes, drank the liquid, and then ate the mushrooms? I've heard from people that soaking them in tea for a good 15 minutes takes away some of the bad taste, makes them easier to chew and swallow, etc.

Just curious if you could still get a trip off this method or if the heat lowers the potency?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3029800 - 08/20/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah you want to let them sit for like 15 minutes or so.

and what was that about dmt?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: Strumpling]
    #3031713 - 08/21/04 06:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know why (maybe the acid from the lemon in my tea,maybe sth else) but my trip was more a DMT trip. COmpletely different from mushroom trip and it was not my second or third trip. I have tripped on shrooms hundrends times.
I Will search why this happened. very very weird... :crazy:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3032202 - 08/21/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well all of the tryptamines are similar in various ways..

was this the first time you REALLY tripped since you have first done DMT?

DMT has slightly changed my mushroom trips, as all drugs do to eachother

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
    #3032563 - 08/21/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hamurabi said:
i don't know why (maybe the acid from the lemon in my tea,maybe sth else) but my trip was more a DMT trip. COmpletely different from mushroom trip and it was not my second or third trip. I have tripped on shrooms hundrends times.
I Will search why this happened. very very weird... :crazy:

Hey!  The same thing happened to my wife last week when I made a tea with about 6g dry and we split it between us.

I had a standard trip, and she said hers was almost DMT-like for the entire duration (3 hours or so).

Tea certainly does come on faster, and the trip is shorter.  I prefer it a lot of the time, actually.  I haven't noticed any decrease in effects, though.

If you don't have a grinder you can use, just break them up very, very fine with your hands.  that's what I used to do and it worked ok.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: ChiLong]
    #3034896 - 08/21/04 11:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

no i ahve tri[[ped on shrooms many times after i had a DMT trip. Guys this was a full dmt trip!!! i still can't explain this!!!
i chopped the fresh shrooms in small pieces,put them in boiling water,turn off the heat and let them in there for 15 minutes. Then i strain them in a glass and put them again in boiling water and do the same. Also i put in the boiling water a few drops from a lemon. then i took the 2 glasses and put them in a big one. Add sour cherries and drunk it.
the trip was completely different from the classic shroom trip and it was more than a level 5 trip with 27g wet shrooms.
I have tripped many times with more than 50g so don't think that maybe i am a newbie on tripping and that's why i had such a trip with such a low dose.

Toooo weird

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3035846 - 08/22/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Amazing hamurabi.

Perhapse the acidity in the lemon? I'm no chemist, and don't know if this is possible, but psilocin is simply DMT with an extra oxygen molecule attached at one part. Perhapse the lemons or cherries caused some sort of reaction that burned off those oxygen molecules?

I'm not sure though, because you usually need some form of MAOI inhibitor to fully feel DMT when drinking it.

Perhapse those mushrooms were very potent? Where did they come from? What species?

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Re: quick shroom tea question [Re: myndreach]
    #3036200 - 08/22/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the mushrooms are golden teachers. they can't be SO potent. it was only 27g !!! unbelievable!!! i can't understand this and i think that i will never understand this. of course i will try it again very soon to see if indeed my combos(cherries,tea,lemon) has something magic or if it was just a miracle :smirk:
unbeliavable!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,854 topic views. 2 members, 36 guests and 35 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.