Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Double Tubs [Re: mushroommark]
    #3866134 - 03/04/05 01:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hello MM!

As far as I know cubensis is a poo lover but, compots is better. Meaning that 100% poo isnt the best substrate. So adding straw is definately a good thing imho. I dont think I will exceed 50% poo soon. Maybe with Orissa, a real poo lover.

How id you guess there were threads about them grows? :tongue:

It is a GROWlog not really a log from the very first steps and setup descriptions.

Maybe misleading that I posted this in the DT thread, cause I didnt use DT.
What did I use:

GT
A single tub, no holes, no cool mist, no nothung.
Casing layer: 90% peat or more, rest verm, and PH buffer agent.
Temp day:
71-76
Temp night:
66-70

Orissa :

A tub with the straw/poo inside which I cased, incubated and then placed in my PMP.
You might know that a PMP has an airpump, hardly fanning needed but I cant resist to handfan now and then.

Casing layer & Temps: Same as GT.

In both cases I didnt spray the casinglayer after birth.

Dont you have acces to horse poo in your neighnourhood? I just pick some up when I walk the dog in the nearby forest. There are meadows with horses also, etc. etc.

Actually I had another casing (my very first) in my PMP made with pure wheatstraw. It was smaller even then the Orissa tub and I 4got the dry weight. But it had a tight pinset and good harvest, imho.
Here is the link:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3658536/an/0/page/0

I think with a DT one should be able to at least get similar results, if not beating, from the GT tub.
The Orissa did relative well, cause the tub it grew in fits more then 3 times in the GT-tub. Giving much higher yield per square foot.

Hope that your questions are answered?

Good luck sir! :thumbup:

MF

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: Double Tubs [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3866563 - 03/04/05 04:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

MF, thanks for the response, yeah that clears up alot and gives me some good encouragement...

I live in farm country so I could get poo real easy, but being that it is winter everything would need drying out...apt dwelling doesn't make it very easy to leach or do anything to get rid of the ammonia...plus my girl doesn't want actual pieces of poo in the apt, I already own the kitchen lol...the other thing is that I am so busy with school (third semester calculus, engineering physics, organic chemistry and zoology, I'm a major nerd :smirk:) I would rather pay a little money then spend the time processing poo... same goes with shredding straw...but if it's effecting yield dramatically then I'm gonna have to bite the bullet. 

I am really looking forward to trying out tenn studs new product.  and scat just mentioned some buffalo poo, I completely forgot that I wanted to try that...

THERE IS SO MANY THINGS I WANT TO TRY!  I just have to keep a list to keep them all straight, diff subs, past methods, a martha like greenhouse with tray instead of DT's... I'm not even going to get started, lol
But yeah thanks alot for the description, I'll be sure to check out the thread...

Okay, for tonight!!!
Well, tonight sucked cause I bought a new 50 gallon tub after calling around walmart's to find one that had them in stock, then after getting it set up, the first tub broke... so I said fuck it and jimmy rigged some shit, made sure that it wasn't a fire hazard though :wink:  It was just a bitch moving around like some 40 odd jars of spawn and worrying about there exposure to light and everything else... at least I didn't get water all over the ground again!

So after bullshitting all night I patched DT #9 and went ahead and birthed DT#7, Z strain...the myc was poking out real unevenly, but I said fuck it cause I just didn't have the patience to patch again..

on the good side DT#7 is my fastest tub to date, taking only from 2/19/05 until 3/3/05 from spawning to birth (5 quts spawn).  I think covering the holes and putting the dehydrator in the dark room seems to have helped make this improvement.

I didn't take pics cause they'll look really similar to my other pics from earlier and I honestly was just in a bad mood from the damn tub in tub.  But that would make five tubs currently in birth mode, four waiting for first flush.

my room is getting really full, I'm trying to rearrange things to fit the tubs I wanted to buy this weekend, I think I'm gonna have to buy some kitchen cupboard space from my girlfriend just to fit all the supplies I have stacking up. lol.
Or I may just hold off buying the tubs...but I want to keep everyone entertained so.. maybe at least four tubs for this weekend (2 DT's) 
I'm also kind of holding off til I get some poo from Tenn stud, cause this worm poo I'm getting a little wary of...which reminds me the steer manure in DT#10 is doing great!!  or at least the myc appears to be taking off nicely...

well, I apologize for no pics, but it wasn't much exciting, I promise, just a real uneven casing and another similar one that got patched...  If you nag me for not taking them, I promise I won't do it again, so feel free to just say, "MM, WE WANT TO SEE PICS OF EVERYTHING!!" and I'll be sure to comply.

well, I'm about to crash, it was one of those nights... I think I need to start smoking weed again. lol  maybe I'll just go crack open a book, damn i'm a square. lol

later
mushymark

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

#3866571 - 03/04/05 04:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought a lost that whole previous post but I guess not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's the first good news for tonight :grin: :grin: :thumbup:

see ya tomorrow

Edited by mushroommark (03/04/05 04:09 AM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3866646 - 03/04/05 04:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Lol you were up late again it seems!

My gf hates more of the strawpieces she finds everywhere, while I thought I cleaned so well... :grin:

In the horsepasture here there is also gaed manure in the field. Maybe not cracker dry, but I dont care bout that. Have not dried the poo be4 using it so far anyway.

Currently there is some EQ and OI incubating, might need some horse manure soon. Will go shithunting one of these days I think.

True if you have the money why not buy it. But I like the collection of the horse poo in a way! And no other barricades to use it so...

Hey cya lter m8! Your growlogs must consume a lot of energy! Maybe its better to have a separate thread about it.

Then its easier to follow as well.

MF

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Tubs [Re: eatyualive]
    #3866647 - 03/04/05 04:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I know man that when you put energy (in whatever) its nice to get some in return. So when making a growlog like you do its nice to get some reactions.

Id make separate threads if I were you! :thumbup:

MF

--------------------

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

#3869681 - 03/04/05 07:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

MF, are you thinking that I should do a separate thread for every grow I have going, or all my grows on one thread...

I agree it gets pretty confusing, that's why I try to be extra specific, but sometimes I get all these tubs mixed up so, I could imagine how it is for everyone else :tongue:

What does everyone else think?? separate posts for every tubs would be easier?? one big mushroommark post???

let me know

mushymark

oh yeah more to come today, I just get home from school and got some errands to do. groceries and what not... but a casing is coming, if it it cools enough and something new....  :wink:

Invisiblewynzlo
Stranger

Loc: Toronto
    #3870822 - 03/04/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Mark,
Just found this thread...extraordinary man. It's inspiring to see dedication like yours. Congrats on your success, you deserve it.

I noticed in one post that you're looking to get a new digital camera. If you're still looking to get one I'd suggest you look into a Canon A510 or A520 (same camera, just different resolution). I work in camera sales and those models seem to be the best of the $200-300 range. I got my degree in still photography too so if you need any help/tips let me know :wink:

Keep up the good work

--------------------
Note: This post is entirely false. The author of this post is a delusional schizophrenic living in a fantasy world and the fantastical information within the post is a direct result of excess exposure to cable television.

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: Double Tubs [Re: wynzlo]
    #3871093 - 03/04/05 11:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah!!! Thanks wynzlo, that's five shrooms for you!!! Just the kind of advice I was looking for..I will be sure to PM you for some more details.

This is exactly why I started putting so much energy into this thread!! The feedback coming from everybody is SOOOOOOO encouraging, keeps me on track and from being real lazy... more to come late late tonight (ya, mushfriend, you're right, I have many a late night) but I just wanted to say thanks for the tip, I may be spending a little more and trying to find something with a good macro option, so be looking for my PM..

Until later
mushymark

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3871117 - 03/04/05 11:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mushroommark said:
MF, are you thinking that I should do a separate thread for every grow I have going, or all my grows on one thread...

I agree it gets pretty confusing, that's why I try to be extra specific, but sometimes I get all these tubs mixed up so, I could imagine how it is for everyone else :tongue:

What does everyone else think?? separate posts for every tubs would be easier?? one big mushroommark post???

let me know

Your own thread would be nice.

And seperate the grows...it would make it easier to follow.

You guys really hi-jacked this one.

Nice grows though!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: Double Tubs [Re: Roadkill]
    #3871344 - 03/05/05 12:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks roadkill, you're vote is counted. lol.

But I have like 8 tubs going, after tomorrow maybe like 12...
do you think having 12 threads going in the grow log forum would be too many??

I was just giving this some thought and was thinking of just having a new post on the work I do to each tub... and a new post for any work that is pretty much separate, like later tonight when I show how I make casing... but all this in the same thread

and starting out each post with the basic background information (from my word processor notes, like you've seen for a couple tubs so far) That way they would still be somewhat easier to follow but I wouldn't have like 15 threads going in grow logs....

But I don't know let me know what you think is easier... anyone else have an opinion?

mushymark

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

#3871649 - 03/05/05 02:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

DT #8
word processor notes, (these are what I want to include any time I mention a tub, to help everyone keep track of what tub contains what.  Let me know if they help at all, cause they kinda take up a lot of space):

DT #8 ? TEXAS
3 turkey tins worm castings (50% castings / 50% verm) ? turkey tin past @ 170 for 3 hrs.
3 packed qts straw ? sterilized @ 2 hrs
5 qts tex
Spawned 2/21 ? cover holes w/ tape, substrate not quite at field capacity after straw and castings were mixed.  Could not get 1 drop out of substrate when squeezed hard.  (maybe a little dry?)
cased 2/27 ? 4 qts very wet casing, also very packed in jars aprox ? inch, almost at field capacity misted well
patched 3/3 - casing breaking through pretty uneven, patching necessary
birthed 3-4-05- casing birthed a little earlier than usual, white showing somewhat unevenly, less prominently

Okay, so I birthed DT#8 tonight:

With some recent advice from a few pro's (you know who you are, thanks), I think this was a little late.  Yesterday might have been better.  Didn't mist before birthing after learning that you shouldn't mist when myc is showing if you want to initiate pinning.  Misting allows myc body to keep vegging.

Depth of DT#8  at birth:

Okay so now my room looks like this:

That's 6 tubs total in birth mode.  I have one fan going, just bought another one so I should have two going blowing on the tubs at all times (well, almost all times.  They get really loud and I HAVE to turn them off when trying to do physics :wink:)

So, I should be pretty busy very soon with harvests coming up on all those tubs...well not that busy if I only get 2 ounces per tub, lol, but oh well.. no worries, I've been giving it a lot of thought and my next tubs should have more straw, as well as some other changes you will see coming up. Which reminds me, I'm still not sure if I want to buy more tubs this weekend or not.  Depends how much physics I get done tonigth I guess.

DT #9
Here's a sneak peak of DT #9, that I cracked the lid on.  I will be casing tomorrow using paper towel rings to help indicate depth so hopefully casing will be applied more evenly (thanks mycofile for this tip):

Adding the extra half quart of spawn on top of the sub seemed to really help it colonize the top of the sub bed completely... I just wonder how well the underneath is colonizing, since it is not visible.  Normally I would figure if the top is colonized that the bottom is about keeping pace, maybe a little slower, but this way there is no way to judge under the top layer.
But I really like this technique for limiting contam risk, by providing a barrier of myc to fight back contams..  Anyone with any experience doing this, let me know what you think.  Good idea, bad??? :smile:

DT#10
Okay, here is a sneak peek of DT#10, with steer manure, that I showed the complete prep of a few posts back:

Sorry, pic came out a little dark, but I get real nervous cracking those colonizing bins at all, especially with so much poo still showing...but hey, I know you guys enjoy the pics, so fuck it, it's worth the risk..

So, that's tonights work, thus far.... I am making a casing right now to go on DT#9 and #10 and taking pics along the way... My next post will be a casing prep pictorial...

I am wondering what other methods people have luck with prepping their casing so feel free to chime in and let me know what has worked for you.

I feel like I am forgetting something, but I'm sure it will come to me....Thanks everybody, and keep up the feedback!

mushymark

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3871909 - 03/05/05 04:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yow Mark Gday!

You can put them in one thread or not, and each tub/grow in its own different post. I would do that, all updates for the same DT in the same post.

Make a "MushroomMarks Growlogs thread".
Every new grow you start you open a new post in that thread and update that very post. Disadvantage, it will work with the grows you start at the same time. Future grows will end up in the middel of posts, questions etc so its harder to find.

I find teks and logs in one and the same post easier to deal with then when I have to browse the thread. The actual discussion about it can take place in additional posts.

Every post/growlog with same structure, so its easy for people to find things and compare.

Here you mentioned DT#6 somewhere. And I really had to search my ass of to find it back and how it was set up..

Ok, each grow its own thread (and there in its own post) or, if you start multiple grows @ the same time, all in one thread, but also in each post.

Depending if you plan to put much texkt in updates, then I would separate, if you only put little text it can be in on big post......

I know that making adequate growlogs is VERY time consuming, already with placing the pics is a time-eater.(take pics, load digis battery, find the usb wire, load up to PC, resize the pics, load up to shroomery, link them). I also found that responses on my growlogs were weak. I can understand, cause a sane response means that you must read all my shit, understand it and make a sensefull answer. Time consuming as well...

People rather take (info, nice pictures and such) then give (feed back, more then "Awsome!" if any at all)

But since I took much information here, I see it as a duty to bring some energy back in circulation. SO I anser to newbees in teh cult.forum, and I see you wrestling with the DT's and people not being to enthousiastic bout ur logs, and thats a PAIN. I thought lets put some effort here! :laugh:

Jeses, this post is getting longer & longer. Was not the meaning but, you know... LAst thing, I was reflecting WHY am I doing those growlogs? Why am I pissed when nobody cares about it? Maybe I make them for my own ego, a kind of showing of? With that grows putting MYSELF in teh picture, but people dont pay attention to me?
Or do I try to educate some people?
The trueth is in the middle, yes some sneaky ego wanted to be in the picture, but also I tried to show that even with only a few cakes as a background, you can go bulk.

Hmmz, gonnatake me a shower and walk the dog. Here it has been noon now and there still is some snow so I will take the car to teh fores tand walk a little there with this guy:

Have a nice weekend. :thumbup:
MF

--------------------

Edited by MushroomFriend (03/05/05 05:00 AM)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3872053 - 03/05/05 05:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with roadkill. start your own thread, mark. so long as each thread is different, you can start plenty.
this thread is eatyualive's thread. if eat chimes in in the next week, it's his call - otherwise, i'll lock this one up.

--------------------
buh

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: Double Tubs [Re: shirley knott]
    #3873279 - 03/05/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No problem shirley! Be looking for a link sometime later today to my new thread, the first post should be a step by step casing prep pictorial....

this thread is ridiculously long, I'm even a little scared to go search for info on it, cause it just takes so long to "show all" even with cable internet.

mushymark

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3873567 - 03/05/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:laugh: thanks  :thumbup:

--------------------
buh

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Tubs [Re: shirley knott]
    #3873722 - 03/05/05 04:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I can agree but its a kind of strange/inconsequent that now suddenly it is someones thread, and there comes the lockthreat :wink: while other persons have been reporting their DT grows here as well the last few months. Without lockwarnings.

MF

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3873815 - 03/05/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not that strange. something about straws and camels?
what's got into you tonight, mf?

--------------------
buh

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3873936 - 03/05/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

lol nothing at all, i dont like being insulted or even the intention of people trying to, people are often far too ignorant in their communication on internet.

But thats off topic here now cause others then thread starters have posted their grows here. Tolerated appearantly. And now suddenly its a "crime", what got into YOU tonight sk? ;P

Think you should have said that before then... But better late then never I guess?:P

--------------------

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

#3878318 - 03/06/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, it's been a long weekend, sorry I've been away, I had some furniture to put together and homework to do, like always,  lol

But here is my new thread!!!!!!!! :mushroom2:

MushroomMark's Gow Log: Double Tubs #3-#10

The first post is just kind of a real brief summary of the work I've done in this thread,

but later today, I should be posting a few nic pics, nothing real exciting, casing pictorial and casing of DT#9 (using depth rings :thumbup:!!!, I sure hope it helps)

Let me know what you think of format, etc.  I will hopefully trying to improve user friendliness as I go, but we'll see what time permits :wink:

thanks everyone!
mushymark

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds