Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineazurescens
Burner wont burn!!!
    #3024592 - 08/19/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I have been to afterdawn.com trying to find out just what the F is going on with my burner. let's see if anyone here as any ideas. Up until recently I have been burning moives with no problem using shrink and nero. My burner is a NEC dvd rw 8x 2510a dual layer. I have updated all the drivers...all the firmware has been flashed to the latest version and I have reformatted more than I care to admit. The burner was even replaced for a new one but the same thing keeps happening. i tried on a different computer and it is the same thing. When trying to burn with nero it will either freeze up or I receive the error scsi command aborted. None of this was a problem until about a month ago when I first reformatted my computer,since then Ihave been able to burn no movies. Here's the best part. It burns cd's just fine. Anyway this is just to give you a taste let me know if you have any ideas and I can go on further. by the way I use 1.8 P4..256MB Ram and the programs mentioned above. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Burner wont burn!!! [Re: azurescens]
    #3027520 - 08/20/04 09:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Make sure that all devices on the SCSI chain proper jumper settings. Parity on all devices should be set the same, either on or off. Ensure that the terminator is on the chain (or last device is set to termination) and no other device is set to termination. Try removing everything except the burner from the SCSI chain to ensure that no other device is causing the problem. Make sure the SCSI cable has not been nicked or cut. Make sure none of the pins on the SCSI device are bent (unlikely if you changed devices and still have problems). Ensure that all devices, including the SCSI card have updated firmware and latest drivers.

My guess is either firmware of the drive, or another device on the SCSI chain is failing and causing your problems.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology