Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
gyms!- the usual real crappy pics!!!
    #3024522 - 08/19/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This is one of 86 gyms of various sizes that I found today in a seventy or so feet streach of mulch in **********, NC today.  I am as usual quite sorry for the extra shitty ass pic quality.  But alas I was not even going to put a shitload of these smeary orange shrooms on my scannertop- I'll never get this off in fact.  Anyway- I posted this for some purpose that will go unfullfilled- which is: to say to shroomydan and others involved in the gym game that the pins were VERY blue- it blew my fucking mind.  The tiny tiny pins were all quite blue and many places the mycelium was as blue as could be all over the mulch stuff.  I was more than amazed- I was driving down the road and beside a produce stand here was this crown of orange on top of every crest of the pile.  I thought I wsa gonna shit when I hopped up on top with the wal-mart bag that was in the car and saw the blue when I pulled them up (the sun was shining in the sky- shining with all its might....)  Also some of the stems are starting to show bruising that is like a blue-green like none I have ever picked.  I need a camera so bad- so feel confident NC shroomers- esp. western NC shroomers- they are out- and potent MWA HAHA!!!!!!!  I'm gonna go do the raindance now.  Go for the mulch piles and have a good story together for the produce people and the car restoration warehouse when they come piling out like ants to see your craziness- it's worse than the farmers.  Peace and rain to you all!!!!  I'm so sorry for the pic quality....so sorry...... :sad:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineuki
fool of wisdom
Loc: the milky way
Re: gyms!- the usual real crappy pics!!! [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3025300 - 08/19/04 09:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

cool. i found some while canoing in chazztowistka, florida... they were on an old stump. they blued up real fast. some of them don't like to do it, others do. round here in pa, they pop like clockwork every year during the middle of september. it's pretty easy to i.d. them, leaves are all but gone, bright flaming fire on old stumps and logs in the green of a hemlock vale is pretty obvious. i swear they are always smiling at you when you find them. on another note, don't do as i have done and eat them in the woods... took me and a friend like three hours to get out... we got lost in the bogs and i thought there were going to be will o'wisps leading us to our doom.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Re: gyms!- the usual real crappy pics!!! [Re: uki]
    #3027370 - 08/20/04 08:00 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: - did that with amanita muscaria some time back- only I had the philisophical debate as to why I was even trying to leave the woods in the first place- I thought they were trying to "keep" me in so that I would be in a more rightly, natural place of being...  How weird- how very weird. :gonzo:

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3037688 - 08/22/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sweeeet!!!
Please left us know how those treat you. I just spent four days in the Monongahlia National forest, tripping on sacred blue gyms, fishing, and mushroom hunting. The deep woods has got to be the best place to trip.

Congratualtions on your find.  :cool:

Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

Re: gyms!- the usual real crappy pics!!! [Re: shroomydan]
    #3038028 - 08/23/04 12:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The deep woods are the best. I hope to find some Laughing Gyms in Florida sometime. The moment I see them I will give a nice deep "ho ho ho" type laugh.

Peace out have a good one God Bless

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

#3039058 - 08/23/04 12:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Shrromydan:- update- The gyms are potent when I put about a handful in tea and do two changes of water combined. Bright, easy to handle trip. Massive blueing on the mycelium when it dried more and the stems are green and two or three caps have greened up. I've got so many of them I started to give them away to friends. I've got my winter stash for my annual Yule coven gathering, and some doses set aside for my October trip to the Outer Banks. Also found some Amanita Muscaria yesterday- went for a bike ride in the pouring rain for 15 miles or so to and fro but it was easier this time since I overhauled my bike- it's much more professional now and I don't look like a schlub riding it! Trip was a level 2+ or maybe a 3. I could have ordered food at Wendys but could not have gone to a crowded mall or went rafting or something. Glad to hear you guys like to trip in the outdoors! What a rush huh? Makes it more like a trip and less like a paranoia trap. I'm going to have a blast on my Outer Banks trip watching the surf roll in at midnight out on the point. Y'all be cool. I'm gonna go start my first outdoor cube grow! It's gonna be a bit hasty and unconventional but the method seems confirmed- free spores and equipment! What a day- I'm also gonna take a bike ride up to the compost pile again to get some fresh young specimens of the gyms for observation. The pins on my dry ones are blue green like crazy still!

--------------------

Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

#3039077 - 08/23/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Oh man. You gotta do the bike thing. Even if you're in town, being on the bike makes the trip. It sounds like fun to take a bike ride up to the gymno. spot. You should have a good time. Be very cautious on the roads. I have enjoyed taking DMT light dose (p. nervosa) and ganja right before a nice rainy day bike ride.

An interesting bike riding tip: If you ride against traffic, move back and forth like a sine wave (try to perfect the wave). The cars will freak out---it's creating some interesting energetic phsyics and prevents you from getting nailed (maybe.)....

Gym. Spectabilis?? In Tampa Bay??

Probably no, but I don't know for sure yet. Still trying for the Tampanensis fantasy find.

Peace/Love

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Re: gyms!- the usual real crappy pics!!! [Re: cosmicsea]
    #3039413 - 08/23/04 01:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah- I didn't shroom but I did just ride up to my spot and to my amazement I got a whole backpack full of new specimens with many comming up as pins ( a few hundred pins). I got so many I don't even have a space set up to dry them yet! I am freaking out man! The best harvest ever! The only thing that confuses me is that they are (many of them) exhibiting many characteristics of the luteofolius and the first ones did not- these are from a slightly different spot and not as sundried out though, so that could account for some degree of variability. The mycelium is so fucking colorful- it was when I pulled them- I was digging clumps out like crazy man. I'm gonna try tommorrow to get a digi cam to show some of the blueing- it depends on if I can get in touch with "dudeman" and borrow it. I am making tea now out of some from the first batch and heading up to the broad river for some end of the season tubing! I'll put in for a mile and a half tube ride with rapids and all- don't worry- I won't go alone- I'm gonna bring six friends- the Pabst family! Gyms in Tampa? Yes! Spectabilus? Possibly. Hope you have good luck with these things! Really do. I have a floorfull of gayms to figure out drying for now- no clue what to do really. I should have made tea out of these. Then I wouldn't have so many since the others are dry. Not that I'm complaining- and I don't even think that would help reduce it much... I wish I could get a good scan off of these but everyhting I have ever scanned shroom-wise comes out like Mario Bros. 1983. Well- I'm going on too much now- peace everybody- I am at my peak energy!

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3039449 - 08/23/04 02:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Are you taking spore prints Superblingtheory? I found a huge pile of wood chips along a white water stream yesterday where they just cut a new trail. It might be the perfect place to start a little colony :grin:

I've had success drying them by placing them on the sill of an open window with an exhaust fan blowing on them. You can stack them really close that way, and provided its not too rainy, they should dry out before they rot.

I hope you get a hold of the camera, I would love to see photos.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

#3039469 - 08/23/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yup- I'm gonna have some prints ready soon for anyone inerested, if these print well, which I think they will- I'm thinking fan and window too, s.d., and btw- I am gonna start me a "little colony" too! It's in the works right after I get this cube patch growing! I've tried to call about the camera once today- I'll keep on him! You try one too! I encourage it!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification