Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemush20
Stranger
Is there active mushrooms in Eastern Oregon?
    #3024379 - 08/19/04 06:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yes ive looked on the net and searched the forum for about a hour. Oregon climates vary greatly. Its 8 hours from were I live and it is like another country. The FAQ's give me no info at all on my question. multiple websearches gave me no info either. Its been a while since ive went hunting in eastern oregon and I was hoping that I could get a simple answer if there was active mushrooms in that part of oregon in late september/early october since I will be hunting there for about a week. It is a massive area and I would like to know if there are any active mushrooms I should be looking out for while I hunt.

Climate in Eastern Oregon varies greatly with elevation. The higher elevations experience colder temperatures and higher precipitation than the lower elevations. The region is much more arid and experiences greater temperature variations than western Oregon. Much of Eastern Oregon is considered high desert, where in some areas annual precipitation is less than 10 inches. Summer temperatures often reach 90 degrees in the lower elevations. Winters can be bitterly cold here, although there is little humidity. The mountains can receive heavy snowfall. If visiting the region during the summer months be prepared for afternoon thunderstorms and chilly evening temperatures. Snow may be encountered on high country trails throughout the summer months.

4. Do NOT ask what mushrooms can be found growing in your state or imediate area
This information is easily found in the Mushroom Hunting FAQ and/or has been posted at least once elsewhere on the net.

eastern Oregon is not a state and it is not a imediate area. It is a large area which anyone from that area could easily give me a answer if they even grow around there, around those dates or at all. So fuck off and let somone reply if they want to, a hole.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

Loc: Wellington
Re: Is there active mushrooms in Eastern Oregon? [Re: mush20]
    #3024491 - 08/19/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

here is the list, from THE SHROOMERY

you'll have to find info on these mushrooms and their habitats / favourable conditions

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23483

Oregon
Psilocybe azurescens
Psilocybe baeocystis
Psilocybe cyanafibrillosa
Psilocybe cyanescens
Psilocybe fimetaria
Psilocybe liniformans var. americana
Psilocybe pelliculosa
Psilocybe semilanceata
Psilocybe silvatica
Psilocybe strictipes = Psilocybe callosa
Psilocybe stuntzii
Psilocybe subfimetaria
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Conocybe cyanopus
Conocybe smithii
Gymnopilus aeruginosus
Gymnopilus validipes

Probably not a good idea, as a new user (or any for that matter), to go around insulting people that know a lot more than you and are only trying to help.

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #3025154 - 08/19/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Frist off, you need to learn some manners. Don't tell a mods(or anyone for that matter) to fuck off. It's a good way to get yourself banned.

Second, Oregon is a state, read the FAQs FFS. Being lazy and pompous will get you no where.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3025670 - 08/19/04 10:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

no.

pan subbs or gyms might be found over there infrequently, but the psilocybes don't like it east of the cascades.

and yeh, don't be a dick, you could have figured that out by checking the descriptions of the species listed as being in OR and using your head.  You wont (I hope :tongue:) be hunting anywhere like the places shrooms are commonly found up here (city parks, lawns, pastures etc.).  Depending where you're hunting you might be able to find some good edible mushrooms, but looking for actives out there would most likely be a waste of time. 

DH

Offlinemush20
Stranger
Re: Is there active mushrooms in Eastern Oregon? [Re: spores]
    #3031374 - 08/21/04 04:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thx thats all I wanted to know. I just figured it would be easyer to ask a simple question instead of doing hours of research. I thaught maybe someone from eastern oregon could just give me a quick answer. My first post was quickly locked before anyone could answer. So I spent a hour researching to no avail. I felt it was a valid question and im mental so I naturaly got pissed off. Could you possibly clarify the rules on posting questions on what mushrooms can be found in your state or immediate area? Is eastern Oregon a state or immidiate area? I figured it was a unique regoin of Oregon that is very different then one would imagine.

I lived in Astoria Oregon for 17 years and ive been picking mushrooms since I could walk, so im not exactly new to mush hunting. The mouth of the columbia river is like a rainforest and eastern oregon is like a desert, so that state guide doesnt really tell me much about that specific regoin of oregon. Its like a whole other country. I see tons of really dumb questions which clearly break the forum rules and answers could be easily found on this website and they seem to be answered. Like people picking pretty much any mushroom they find with little id info and asking if its active.

Dont worry I dont plan on posting in this topic anymore. Yet I may post pictures of massive amounts of potent pnw mushie finds later on to make you drool ;-p.

btw thats the first time ive ever called anyone a a hole on a message board. So think of it as a compliment.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #3031517 - 08/21/04 05:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by Gumby: no flames plz. K thx.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Edited by Gumby (08/21/04 05:16 AM)

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #3031519 - 08/21/04 05:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for posting a "down to earth" reply and not flaming. Sorry for locking that first post, I just follow the rules, ya know?

Glad to see you found what you were looking for and sorry about any harsh feelings from the first post.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3032154 - 08/21/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you will have to post some pretty hellacious shit to make me drool, but I encourage you to try, hehe :wink:

I know what you mean about the different climates though, everyone who hasn't been east of the cascades up here seems to think all we have are forests and rainy weather, they don't realize about half of WA and lots of OR is practically a damn desert.  good luck deer hunting over there though, it's a nice area for sure.

DH

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification