Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Born Again
    #3023649 - 08/19/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Note: I am not necessarily talking of the Biblical Christian idea, but of any major personal change.

Can the new come out of the old, or must the old completely die for the new to be born?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Born Again [Re: Swami]
    #3023705 - 08/19/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe the new can come from the old, but in the process is killing the old, simultaneously. For example: three years ago, I was a much different, bitter person. One night (not going into detail here :smile:) a new belief system broke through, and almost in a matter of a month, that old person was gone forever and I never looked back.

Shedded skin is dead skin.

Is that what you mean?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Born Again [Re: psyka]
    #3023715 - 08/19/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Are you part anaconda? :tongue2:

Yes, that sounds like what I am getting at. Would be interested in hearing your story.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3023822 - 08/19/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I read something that I took to heart about this. The discussion was about changing beleif systems. It gentle cautioned against totally wiping out everything you have and replacing it all in one feel swoop. The article lead one through a process of examining them one by one and asking yourself how are they SERVING YOU based on what it is you want more of out of life. Some you may want to keep and some you may want to replace.

For example, my sister wants to find a great guy to settle down with but she beleives that there are no great guys out there at her age of 34. is that beleifs serving her to get more of what she wants out of life? NO! Its one to ditch and be replaced with a beleif that there are lots of great guys out there for her to hook up with.

On the other hand, she also wants to reduce the responcibilities in her life and beleives having children will strap her down hard. This beleif serves her in her desire to have less responcibility so it is one to keep.

See the process? Know what you want out of life and then it will be easy to know what beliefs are serving you and which are not.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3023922 - 08/19/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Only the parts that matter :smirk:

Alright then I'll briefly write of my "religious" expirence.

When I was 16, due to my past child-hood (or lack of it), I quickly learned of the inherent lameness of mainstream culture. No friends, no one to talk to. I felt I was completely alone with my feelings. I was and still am. Reflecting off of what I seen, I could no longer enjoy life. I wanted to sleep and blacken my life away, because I learned to take comfort in void. I was a nihilistic mess. Even walking down the high school halls, I felt like the floating head of a sheep being herded to make money for the system...

Well, thats when I got into escapism. I researched pot and other hallucinogens and found out they were healthier than alcohol or even most crap doctors prescribe. I'd smoke pot daily, and one day (August 2002) I got a batch of mushrooms. That same night, I took them and all the evil that had settled inside of me was stirred up and I could see what I've done with my life. I hated what I saw, I hated what I became. I let the system incorporate me into their plan, which is: if your not following the "program", you're labeled useless and unfit for society and that is what I became. Worst trip ever. That wasnt what did it, though.

A few weeks later, I began thinking of mushrooms, and why I feared them. I had become an escapist. I was escaping what I had become. Something sort of made me go and get the mushrooms that I dryed and stored and see what it would be like this time.

The evil feelings came back. And coincidently I was listening to the Doors - Riders of the Storm, and something told me that these bad feelings were a mental test. They were there for a reason and until I found out what that reason was, I would stay in the same predicament. I rode the storm out. I was not a being of despair, hatred, and all that other bullshit, a voice in my head told me of my strengths and that I (and all of humanity) was a very powerful individual, and if I dont just step up and reclaim my human nature, that it might be lost through extreme ego problems. I also learned being happy was as simple as making a choice - AND IT IS - and I decided I would be happy, content, and proud of any decisions that I make in my life... basically, I'm just doing my own thing. Fuck what everyone else thinks, all paths meet in the center in the end anyway.

After I passed the test, beautiful CEV's of fractals came in to mind, and I'd bust out with spontaneous laughter at the obvious beauty of the world. There were no mistakes in life, just perfect imperfection...ordered chaos...in essence: fractals.

Ever since that day I have become pleasantly insane, and I wouldnt change a damn thing.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Born Again [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3024031 - 08/19/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Are you strying to set me up with your sister? Sign her up for my upcoming TV series: "Who Wants to Marry A Swami".

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3024123 - 08/19/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

She just called me and said she met this guy who will pay for her flight to come visit me. She's funny, was all caught up in looks and kept getting screwed by mister flash and dashes and then started wishing for mister money bags. Looks like he came her way only without that the flash, but he sounds like a stable guy who won't dash. I kept telling her to get clear on what she wants- she flim flams daily. Ideally for her, she wants mister flash and cash and is just beggining to realise that a kind generous heart, and stability are important qualities in a man you want to settle down with. During my recent visit, I helped her to see how shallow she has been and helped her to realise a guy with heart is one to go the distance with. Maybe she has found him.

This chickadee may have to many issues for you swami. You are stable with a generous heart and thats what she needs in her life. If this one fizzles, I'll give her your e-mail- she is pretty and funny.

I want some risidual rights to your TV show by the way! :wink: I'll have my people contact your people.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract