Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCisphyx
Stranger
humidity question
    #3023191 - 08/19/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i just finished setting up a poor man's pod, its in a pretty small rubbermaid, with 2 airstones and a pump that is for a 65gal fishtank. ive been checking the humidity in there, and it doesnt seem to be very high though. it could be the fact that its a really cheap humidity gauge and might not work properly though. the only opening for air is where the tubing comes out of the container, so i cant imagine it could be as dry as it claims to be. do you think this is just an issue with my gauge, or do i need to change my setup?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: humidity question [Re: Cisphyx]
    #3023369 - 08/19/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A friend use to use a setup like that but he had perlite layer in the bottom of the tank. This was what caused the high humidity since perlite holds water well. The airstones only provided air exchange.

OfflineCisphyx
Stranger
Re: humidity question [Re: socratesmind]
    #3023377 - 08/19/04 02:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, i have a few inches of perlite with enough water to cover up the airstones. i guess i should have mentioned that.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
Re: humidity question [Re: Cisphyx]
    #3023437 - 08/19/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

good damn a 65 gal pump? that should be enough too kick up that water in the air if its constantly on and a small enough area that the humidity concentrated, despite what people say.. if the area is small enought to keep the air concentrated just water at the bottom will be more than sufficient, i've done it.. others on here have done it.. but in most cases the terrarium is too big to keep a high concentrated level in the air using just water.. but its been done.. if you have trouble still.. get some hydroton or geolite, i use lava rock because it is soo cheap and holds alot of water in it..like 40 % of its body weight.. i think... its like 3.00$ for 20 pounds.

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: humidity question [Re: sillysimon]
    #3023444 - 08/19/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

perlite blows

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3023450 - 08/19/04 02:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you might wanna check on how much air is escaping around where your lid goes on your rubbermaid.. that could be the problem.. do you fan or do you have an exhaust?

--------------------

OfflineCisphyx
Stranger
    #3023568 - 08/19/04 03:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i use plasticwrap around the edges to make sure its nicely sealed. and i just have the air escaping through the opening where the tubes are.

perlite does blow. i havent been able to find any geolite/hydroton, but im thinking about going and getting some lava rock. having perlite sticking everywhere whenever i get near it is starting to get very annoying.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation