Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife
    #3023049 - 08/19/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Without all these problems in our world, we would have nothing to struggle against. We would put forth no effort. In essence, we would be meaningless. We would be automated nothings floating about a river. But we are given obstacles, and with these obstacles, we are given a chance to define ourselves. We can put forth the effort, and how we do so, against what, for what, that is what we become. That's what seperates me from this computer I'm sitting at.

My ex-girlfriend is talking about getting her shit together. But she wants it to just happen without making an effort. So, in her despair, she was going to take belladonnas. I flipped out. Here she is saying she wants to get her shit together, and literally five minutes later is going to take belladonnas. Her friend suggested it, and thinks she is just going along to have fun. But I know this girl wants to die, or to just get fucked up to escape, so that she needs to put forth no effort.

Put forth some fucking effort girl. Step the line, change the momentum of things, of yourself. You are the center of your own universe. Everything will begin and end with you. If something needs to change, it won't change until you wake up, snap out your own deterioration, and make something of yourself.

She ended up not doing the belladonnas (only getting real drunk, still pretty stupid). She says it's because not everybody else was going to do them. That's when I laid down my little speech for her. I think she heard, and I think she listened, but whatever.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: entiformatie]
    #3023068 - 08/19/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I hope you die of starvation or some nasty disease.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3023086 - 08/19/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If I were an english teacher I would say that your paper seems to be about two different things. You need to focus on one idea. I know you can do better.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3023102 - 08/19/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Heeeeee!

Famine and war are just examples of "bad things". Everything is either beneficial or not beneficial, and there can't be one without the other. I think our purpose could be described as learning to handle the bad (part of which is accepting death). Without bad things the world would be nothing like we know it. Bad things are necessary for consciousness to exist, I think, because where there is consciousness there is something to label things as "good" and "bad" (beneficial and detrimental). All actions can be seen in relation to us to be either.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3023111 - 08/19/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You said "with these obstacles, we are given a chance to define ourselves."

Ever consider that we also get the choice to expand upon ourselves? It's a two way street and as nature contracts and expands so do we and CAN we.

I liked the general idea of your post. I just the benefit of the worlds problems as being an opportunity to grow into oneness with it not to define ourselves a part from it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3023324 - 08/19/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

lol, I get what your saying about the two topics. I was considering making two posts, or replying to myself, but eh...

As for me dieing of starvation... I wonder why you got so pissed. I figured somebody would. Of course it's easy for me to see shit the way I do, living in America, not having really known much strife. I appreciate the fact that I'm not starving, or dieing of some nasty disease. Whenever I think of people in less fortunate situations, I've got to think of how lucky I am.

Don't go and think I'm not grateful for what I've been given. It's what you do with what you've been given that counts, and all I want is to make peoples' lives better, while enjoying mine.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3023379 - 08/19/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
and all I want is to make peoples' lives better, while enjoying mine.

Through famine, war, conflict, and strife?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: psyka]
    #3023405 - 08/19/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well without those things the world would become very overpopulated and without massive programs of euthanasia and sterilization the world would become quite unbearable. There is a reason why its in the world.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: d33p]
    #3023477 - 08/19/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck your philosophical babble. Come to me and say you're glad there's famine and war when YOU'RE starving and you're seeing your families heads being blown off.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3023531 - 08/19/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Pixie,

You made me think of how I felt to something my dad said. I was stupidly asking HIS thoughts about stem cell research. He is against it like Bush, not for moral reasons but because he beleives in survival of the fittest and feels that if you take people with genetic defects who nature would weed out, and make them healthy enough to reproduce more humans with genetic defects you weaken the pool.

In a really warped way, he had a point. Non the less warped IMO. I'm all for stem cell research!

Who is to say that a part of being the fittest to survive is having the intelligence to use the benefits of stem cell research?

I don't know, this probably should be a new post. My dad would get a lot great with a lot of people here!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/19/04 12:56 PM)

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3023746 - 08/19/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Well without those things the world would become very overpopulated and without massive programs of euthanasia and sterilization the world would become quite unbearable. There is a reason why its in the world.

Overpopulation is fairly recent. In fact, I'm fairly certain its a byproduct of war, famine, conflict, and strife. The reason why China is so overpopulated is because the government took a defense measure against the war on communism and encouraged the Chinese to birth as many children as possible. More people = more soldiers...overpopulation is unnatural.

100,000 people, again i'll state is a nice good round number :smile:

So now tell me again...what is the reason for "war, famine, conflict, and strife" ?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (08/19/04 01:50 PM)

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3023758 - 08/19/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, overpopulation is a result of poverty

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3024265 - 08/19/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psyka said:
Quote:

d33p said:

Overpopulation is fairly recent. In fact, I'm fairly certain its a byproduct of war, famine, conflict, and strife. The reason why China is so overpopulated is because the government took a defense measure against the war on communism and encouraged the Chinese to birth as many children as possible. More people = more soldiers...overpopulation is unnatural.

100,000 people, again i'll state is a nice good round number :smile:

So now tell me again...what is the reason for "war, famine, conflict, and strife" ?

War, famine, conflict, and strife were around before man dominated earth so umm i don't agree with you. The cycle of overpopulation then famine, then death, and then repopulation can be found in all places of the globe. It is natural.

And i agree pixie, poverty is a contributing factor to human overpopulation. When you're poor and life sucks, all you can do is fuck.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3024292 - 08/19/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Fuck your philosophical babble. Come to me and say you're glad there's famine and war when YOU'RE starving and you're seeing your families heads being blown off.

I've starved and i've seen heads blown off(not my family's though) and i still support my "babble". Is that good enough?

And i never said i was "glad" whatever that word means to you anyway.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3024320 - 08/19/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

there will always be something to fight against. Without that, there would be no discernable life. Im glad I exist, nothing more, and much of the time i'm nuetral about that.

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3024333 - 08/19/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You have no right to say this, you have never been affected by it deriectly to know wtf you are talking about, arrite homey? You live in heaven compared to some starved war torn places and your saying you are glad it is there, FUCK you , you sadistic PUP.

PEACE and Love

MBA

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: Mad_Buhdda_Abuser]
    #3024337 - 08/19/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

he has a "right" to believe and say what he wants.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: vampirism]
    #3024445 - 08/19/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
he has a "right" to believe and say what he wants.

Doesn't stop him from being an evil cunt.

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3024446 - 08/19/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
War, famine, conflict, and strife were around before man dominated earth so umm i don't agree with you. The cycle of overpopulation then famine, then death, and then repopulation can be found in all places of the globe. It is natural.

Ok...whats the point of war? Also, we have the technology to stop famine. BTW, overpopulation is directly linked to militarism. This message cant be expressed in words, because all of the intelligent minds around the world have been trying to relay it to people but it just doesnt sink in. Thats ok though, because when war marches itself to your front door people will realize how precious human life is and is not to be wasted on some silly rich mans notion of war.

And you're wrong, war was invented. No other animal on the planet commits war. And most species' in large groups try to help their starving brethren.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3024448 - 08/19/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

rogue_pixie said:

I've starved and i've seen heads blown off(not my family's though) and i still support my "babble". Is that good enough?

And i never said i was "glad" whatever that word means to you anyway.

Your experiences have clearly had some seriously harmful effects on you then.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale