Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

I can get high off of strobe lights, anyone else?
    #3022008 - 08/19/04 05:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ive always had this, where I could stare at a flashing program or strobe light and I'll get so tense with excitement its indescribable. I mean SO TENSE that Im forced to look away. Ive been on roller coasters and it doesnt even come close. Mind you its totaly different kind of excitement but still if I could compare it somehow its definitely intenser.

When I was younger it use to be much stronger. I first came up on it by mistake when I was at my moms office staring at her boss's computer with the password screen re-poping up everytime I tried to get in. I was just guessing at random, no really way to get in. Anyways I held down the enter key and the password box flickered very quickly. I dont know why but I felt compelled to put my face forward and stare into it. I was stunned and slightly freaked out at the intense excitement I got from it. Part of me being afraid of looking back into the screen wasnt just of the intensity but worried something might happen to me.

All the flash/strobe programs come with a warning incase you might have EPILEPSY. You might not even know you have it so if you do plan on using it be very carefull. There are sights which are dedicated to epilepsy and from what Ive read theres LOTS of different kinds of epilepsy that are still trying to be documented, so again be carefull with this program.

My aprox ideal Hz its 15-30 or maybe a little higher but past that if it flickers too fast the effect isnt nearly as strong.

http://www.jollython.com/sft/flasher3000.zip

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: I can get high off of strobe lights, anyone else? [Re: bandaid]
    #3022029 - 08/19/04 05:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah I should have also mentioned, its not just the intense emotion I get but the side effects of it. Thinking becomes different. Also when I pull away from the screen I can for a split second see a flash of different colors that arent originating directly from the monitor (default is just black and white). This happens more so if I concentrate on it while Im pulling away and also theres the fact that the experience sticks in my memory after the first time so it almost becomes more vivid than it actualy is during and shortly after it happens.

Also I seem to be able to get a "random" thought process going on or can also be interpreted as creative. Like I mentioned about the side effects of the intensity and the constant flickering, both of those combined really gives and Umphh to whatever you want to think or the "random" thought process Im trying to obtain.

But it may not work the same way with you guys so dont hold your breath :tongue:.

sry about the double post it doesnt let me delete it, just says "deleted", dumb..

Edited by bandaid (08/20/04 10:58 PM)

Offlinejellynutz
keep it rockin'like a whore onpills
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3022510 - 08/19/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

disorientation maybe??? :confused:
a different visual pattern can play all kinds of tricks on your brain

--------------------
Passion destroyed is reborn in the passion for destruction...

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: I can get high off of strobe lights, anyone else? [Re: jellynutz]
    #3025812 - 08/19/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jellynutz said:
disorientation maybe??? :confused:
a different visual pattern can play all kinds of tricks on your brain

Im not sure what you mean by disorientation, I can tell you I certainly dont feel confused or dizzy if thats what you mean, shrooms cause disorientation aswell but you never really hear ppl talk about it in that manner, its more suited for alcohol.

Btw not to be picky, but I thought I had to get a better grasp on the definition of disorientation before I could reply.

dis?o?ri?en?ta?tion    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (ds-?r-n-tshn)

Loss of one's sense of direction, position, or relationship with one's surroundings.
Mental confusion or impaired awareness, especially regarding place, time, or personal identity.

Again, Im not sure what you mean by "playing tricks on your brain". Cause you could apply that same concept with many drugs, and instead of considering seeing something in a new perspective you could also say the drug is playing a trick on you.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #3025911 - 08/19/04 11:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah strobe lights are definintely a trip.

I enjoy leaving my room dark, when I'm on herb and heavy doses of alcohol, I'll jsut lay on my bed, turn on the disco ball, and blast some live Led Zeppelin. It's wonderful. :joint:

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience