Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational!
    #3019575 - 08/18/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hi all,
Just been researching Kratom.  There seems to be very little that is bad about it and after reading this...

>>>The belief is that kratom users are hard working, while marijuana users are lazy. This belief is also maintained by many of the users themselves, who report beginning use because of a desire to work more efficiently, and who say using the drug gives them a strong desire to do work.<<<

I DEFINATELY have to try this.

Does anybody here have any Kratom experience?

I am planning on smoking the leaves and am hoping it will ease my MJ addiction and give me back the will to work!

http://www.erowid.org//plants/kratom/kratom_info1.shtml

:stoned:  :laugh:  :stoned:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Ego Death]
    #3019622 - 08/18/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't smoke the leaves, the best stuff is extracting the material into a tea, and boiling away the extra water. I got some of the super strong stuff from IAmShaman the other day and it's excellent. I just mixed it with some water, although that didn't seem to be as good as my other experience. I'm actually wondering what the best way to work with the powder stuff is.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Twirling]
    #3019629 - 08/18/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, it defintely is active and quite good, but it's also reported to be addictive if used often enough. If you're going to use it to help your marjuana addiction, you might just want to use it for a very, very short period of time to wean yourself off of it. Don't subsitute addictions.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3020491 - 08/18/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so you wanna treat lazyness by using kratom? hahaha...
dude, i am today a medium marihuana user (used to be heavy-heavy) but at the same time i am immensely workaholic and obsessive, unable to stand still, unless with a spliff in my hand.
sometimes we don't realize that there is also a 'creative lazyness' thing, like a 'construtive idleness' if you get what i mean... sometimes it is just hard for us to make our energies flow in the way they're optimum to us. i mean... there's SO many people who NEVER felt the smell of burning jane and that are lazy bastards... lazyness and marihuana use are psychologist babble based on nixonian researches.
ok, i admit i get lazy and full of inertia very often. but all i need again is a spliff (LOL, nah) all i need is to take a little control over my primal desires...

FH

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3021310 - 08/18/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

HEre are some iamges of the tree leaves and seeds of mitragyna speciosa.

Click link posted below here.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

This plant is highly addictive and in Thailand you can actually get longer jail sentences for having leaves, smoking or making a tea than you would for Ipium or heroin.

T It has the stimulating efects of cocaine and the physical euphoric addivtive effects of the Opiates.

Trees are cut down all over the ocuntry on a daily baisis, the same as majijuana.

It is only illegal in Thailand.

It is as addicttive as opium.

A new user starts with 1 or 2 leaves a day. Within three months they are consuming twenty to thirty leaves a day. A single leaf sells for approx. 100 baht ($2.50.)

In Malaysia, Kratom is used as a substitute for methadone in heroin withdrawal treatment centers since it is less addicting than methadone.

If you use it on a regular basis you wqill soon be doing heroin and become a junkie.

mj

It is not a recreational drug.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #3021726 - 08/19/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Which is the super strong kind from iamshaman.com?

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Offlineadamole666
The UK sub man

Loc: UK, Yorkshire
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3022171 - 08/19/04 05:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Kratom, very nice, i want some............think i shall have to order some.

--------------------
Pan subs.........libertys.........UK!
Sub man says: "Always check your balls for cancer"
Sub man also says: "Oh susanna, don`t you cry for me"
Sub man says: "When my datura grew, i grew"
Sub man also says: "I`m singing in the rain"
Sub man says: "I`m standing alone, i`m watching you all, i`m watching you sinking......"
Sub man says: "All those moments, lost, like tears in the rain......."
Sub man says:" for your datura, brugmansia, and liberty cap needs, go to:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3022370 - 08/19/04 07:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, kratom is good. :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblesherm
sherman
 User Gallery

Loc: Euthanasia
    #3022729 - 08/19/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

is there anywhere to a live plant?

PM me

--------------------
shroomery.
not even once.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3023022 - 08/19/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There is no super strong kind of leaf and if someone is advertising it as such then they are falsley advertising the product. The leaves are all the same.
mj

And again , this is a very physcically painful addictive plant like heroin and opium.

Your body needs it to be normal and getting enough won't be possible in the USA. You need to be living where it grows if this is what you want in your life. There are all kinds of Thai's who sellt he leaves at 100 baht each (thats $2.50) a leaf. A normal addict consumes between 20-30 leaves a day or more and it i eventually turns your skin brown.

And 100 h baht a day for poor thais is very expensive.

btw, a dose of heroin on the stereets of Ban lup mphu now cost 1500 baht a dose (thats over $35.00 a hit, more than it cost in America.

think about the adddiction and maybe yo will not get carryied away witht his plant.

mj
mj

Edited by mjshroomer (08/19/04 11:24 AM)

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3023109 - 08/19/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ehhh, wrong. There are definately great variety when it comes to strength of leaves. Genetics are at play, as well as the fact that alkaloid levels fluctuate greatly over the growing season. A recent test on the kratom available on the western market (ie Internet)showed great variety on alkaloid levels (in 25 gram samples, alkaloid levels varied from 65 to 370 mg) Even more importantly different chemotypes plays great importance in subjective effects.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3023401 - 08/19/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I happen to have a couple small kratom trees growing right now. I haven't tried it yet though I've swapped some leaves to other people who said it was good. Mjshroomer, I don't understand why it would be $2.50 a leaf in Thailand when you can buy it here for as little as $10 an oz which is going to work out to a few cents a leaf. Thailand is where it comes from and grows there. I guess it's supply and demand but it's crazy. I myself do not believe all the stuff about how it's supposed to be so addictive. That sounds like propaganda to me. We get propaganda here about how terrible pot is supposed to be so I guess there, the evil drug they are on about is kratom. I never heard of it being as addictive as opiates. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that's completely different from what I've heard from other people who use it. No one has reported addiction even after months of use. Do you know any kratom addicts personally?

Stoney

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3023431 - 08/19/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Kratom is great. I bought a large amount of it, and only used it once since I received it. It really put me to sleep, which normally I have problems doing.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Redstorm]
    #3023591 - 08/19/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It does not put people to sleep in Thailand. ANd it is very hard to find anyone there who will give you seeds to grow. It is also hard to find people to trust to sell you leaves. ALthogh I have met locals who have shared a leaf with me, but I have also seen leaves sold on Samui to other thais and tourists,

Yabba, a dform of cross-tops (speed) gets about 100 baht a pill.

Marujuana is now 500 baht a 1/4 ounce around the islands and many get burned now with green t-leaves.

Kratom has been illegal in Thailand since the early 1920s or so. And it is very addictive no matter what your friend might say that it isn't/

And as I noted, Prison time is a lot more longer for possession or sales of kratom than it is for opiates and heroin.

mj
I posted some published literature here before about Kratom. Use the search engines. I have many papers but i am getting ready to close mushroom john's shroom world as i cannot afford to pay 100 a month for static IP on my dial up account so I cannot keep my site if I cannot work on it. This is since the Shroomery switched to SSL. My internet provider said It wouid not be worth it for me to do so.

I just cannot aford these updates. I just payed money to have the CUTE FTP updated to 6.0 because the shroomery said my 4.2 would not support the new SS, but a Cute FTP update would. Now I find I cannot still use the new CUTE ftp 6.0 to sned and recieve my account. Of course this has nothing to do with Kratom but i was going to expand my site to include a whole section on other drugs and papers. I now have permission to post over three hundred shroom and other published papers on drugs from journal publications but because of the firewall and static IP I cannot afford to run the site, although my space is donated freely by the shroomery administration which I appreciated for the space. I will let everyone know what is happening after the end of September.

mj

Have a shroomy day. And remembere it takes three to five yars before one usually notices that they are adicted to most drugs. one month of crack is an adiction.

20-30 leaves a day is an addition to Kratom. Thai people use it for stamia which helps them work all through the day. They do not slee[p on it when chewing or working, similar to betel nut which is also addicting but not physically. physical additicon to Kratom is as painfull in the long run as it is to opiate addiction. The Cocaine effect of stimulaton makes it impossible for someone to sleep while chewing leaves and working all day.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (08/19/04 01:20 PM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3023650 - 08/19/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Mjshroomer, I don't understand why it would be $2.50 a leaf in Thailand when you can buy it here for as little as $10 an oz which is going to work out to a few cents a leaf.

Because it's illegal and the punishments are extremely severe.

Like I said, I've tried it a couple of times, and I can see why someone could become addicted to it. I only use it, at the most, once a month, usually much less and have never felt the least bit of desire to immeditaly repeat the experience.

I think the addiction rate in Thailand is high because people chew the leaves everyday. I'm assuming it's used like cigerettes. I personally feel the best way to get the most out of it without putting yourself in danger is to use it almost like a cermony, in which it's a special event for infrequent occasions.

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
    #3023855 - 08/19/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I simply love kratom. i have Resin extract. Premium powdered leaf. Not from Iamshaman, and some good plants up to 15". I cant get enough of the stuff. You gotta take a good amount though.

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: jojoba]
    #3023872 - 08/19/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What do you find is the best way to take it? The biggest problem I'm finding is dose because I usually undershoot it by quite a bit. What do you do with the premium leaf?

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3024237 - 08/19/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

kratom extract is nice.

I find that the quality of leaf can vary a lot. I've had leaf where eating (yes eating powdered leaf with a spoon) TWO grams will give me a huge hydrocodone like buzz and some where 10 grams barely did anything.

Seems like there is potential for treating op8 withdrawal too.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3024693 - 08/19/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Does anybody know, can you OD on Kratom?

It seems like quite a mysterious plant to the western-entho community.

Does the extract taste good? Is it an oil?

--------------------

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

#3024733 - 08/19/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

All kratom products taste really bitter, I can't imagine anyone actually liking it. I've offered it to many friends, their judgements ranges from urine and poo to week old teabags. Personally I find the resin extract to be the worst. The fullbodied yuckines  and biterness of the tea, with the addition of some overtones of creosot. It does it's thing though  :smile:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3025803 - 08/19/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i actually have in my possession some kratom extract... what do you recommend as a dosage for a first time experience?

i have had trouble finding a good answer to this question, which is why i havent done it yet.

thanks! :sun:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3027478 - 08/20/04 06:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Please note: This plant will be made ILLEGAL from the 1st of September 2004 (Australia). At the same time, the plant and product has been RE-LEAGALISED in Thailand where previously consumption and possession of this species was punishable by DEATH. Herbalistics does not stock this plant from that date and this item is removed from our webstore and nursery. We live in a crazy world.

Australia sucks,we are also the only country to have banned sally d.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Hanky]
    #3027531 - 08/20/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There has been a lot of confusion about the exact date of sheduling of kratom in Australia, in part due to one particular asshole "businessman" who farts lies and disinformation. According to more reliable sources sheuduling won't take place until 1st of January 2005. If in Australia and interested in kratom, keep a fair distance to Kavaman aka James Armitage aka Pacific Herbal products aka Exotic Herbals. He is the scum of the earth (or at least of the kratom market)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3028340 - 08/20/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's legal now in Thailand? mjshroomer, can you fill us in on that?

YBC, what do you have against kavaman? I've heard good things about him up to now.

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
    #3029551 - 08/20/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The banning of kratom in Australia is extremely disappointing and quite bizarre considering how little attention this plant has actually got and the fact that the Thai government, one of the cruelest drug-war nazi factions in the world, has actually woken up to the stupidity of banning this plant.
I'll definatley have to stock up on this plant before "deadline."

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Fina]
    #3029753 - 08/20/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It is not re-legalized in Thailand. It is still as illegal as it ever was. It's up for discussion, but nothing is going to happen.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3029787 - 08/20/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

And yeah, Malaysia just outlawed it.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3029900 - 08/20/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry Stoney, didn't see your ?. Kavaman screwed the guy who set up the group purchase at SAB (100 kg  :eek:) He has sent out tons of samples of "super premium" fishing for larger orders, then only to send the lowest grade to a ridiculous price. He has also been consciously deceiveing Australian vendors about the date of scheduleing of kratom in order to be able to sell them his junk. On a side note, I got a free sample of his Tudei kava (from a third party)  he is promoting as the "best of the best", it's the shitiest fucking worst schwagg kava extract I ever seen :nonono:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational! [Re: felixhigh]
    #3030050 - 08/20/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"lazyness and marihuana use are psychologist babble based on nixonian researches
ok, i admit i get lazy and full of inertia very often. but all i need again is a spliff (LOL, nah) all i need is to take a little control over my primal desires.."

:thumbup:  I agree, BUT, if I smoke say 7 fat joints of good cannabis at nighttime, after a good meal, I just might fall asleep.
(or play guitar on the couch)

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #3030307 - 08/20/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hanky, not sure where you get your information t from buyt i wotk witht he Wueen's agricultural Program and accoding to the Ministy of health, the plat is still illegal as it was the day they made it illegal.

nd it is used in malaysia in Heorin withdrawel programs as an alternative to methadone which is more addicting than kratom, heroin or oioum.

mj

AS more internet sites tart to sell some of the se plants, their eventual sales will lead to laws against the use of thee plants.

Once the poant hit th puyblic market, that is usually the end of it.

Rigfht now the UK is beginning to feel the law coming down on shroom sales in Scotland and Wales.

I noted this two years ago when the internet started to sell fresh shrooms from the UK like Amsterdam did.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals