Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
questionable drying method
    #3019162 - 08/18/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if i had a (big) rubbermaid and had wire screen shelves elevated in it, and a fan attached to the lid of the rubbermaid, air tight sealed around the fan hole, letting shrooms stay in there for about 3-4 days would this be a sufficient drying method?.. will this "end dry" them, somebody told me that a fan will end dry if you allow to sit in fornt of the fan long enough...

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: questionable drying method [Re: sillysimon]
    #3019185 - 08/18/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No dude. The fan blows away the humid air. Where's it going to go if you are using a (mostly) sealed box?

Just lay them on a: screen, board, table top, anything not enclosed; and have a fan blowing across them.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: questionable drying method [Re: meanoldman]
    #3019201 - 08/18/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

what if i cut a bunch of holes in the rubbermaid at the very bottom

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3019239 - 08/18/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Rubbermaids are gret for storage and organization and blending in. This idea would work fine but you will need to cut 2-6 holes in the bottom for the air to be blown out through. Put this in a warm dry room.

For the racks use wood racks with hinges on one side and a wood strip on the other for the frame to sit on.

Edited by Gr0wer (08/18/04 04:05 PM)

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: questionable drying method [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3019263 - 08/18/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wood racks? wouldnt that prevent the exchange of air blowing on the bottom rack? i was gonna use small spaced fencing sitting on wood strip frames, so i can easily take the racks out because i will have many shelves inside, and will be drying with a medium sized fan

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #3019275 - 08/18/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes wood frames with screens. How are you going to stack them?

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3019331 - 08/18/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

im gonna glue wood frames about 2 inches apart and set screens on top of those.. you think it will be sufficient?

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #3019380 - 08/18/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You want a big section of screen the size of the bin. Make a frame that fits into the box and screen that.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3019383 - 08/18/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

probably about 4 inches apart*

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #3019400 - 08/18/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

no like 18x20" whatever the size of your tote is.

Edited by Gr0wer (08/18/04 04:37 PM)

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3019415 - 08/18/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

YEA I KNOW IM GONNA HAVE SEVERAL shelves... im gonna space them about 4 inches apart.. but they are gonna be the size of the bin..

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #3019419 - 08/18/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ok vertically 3" should be fine. Put the big ones on top where you give them a good 4-5".

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3019435 - 08/18/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok.....thanx

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom