Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
newbie questions
    #3019246 - 08/18/04 06:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

what is the point of a flow hood? to have a constant flow of clean air on your stuff while its blowing away the contaminants? what work do people do inside of flow hoods and sterile boxes? is this just somewhere to make your jars? ........have you heard of print boxes? arent they to make several prints at a time?
how do you make a print box? do you just need an air tight container?

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: newbie questions [Re: sillysimon]
    #3019287 - 08/18/04 06:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No you bring sterile things into the sterile hepa filtered flow and can open jars and petri dishes without risking contams. Its a mini sterile environment.

For a print box do you mean glovebox? Just buy a clear bin and cut holes for gloves or bags. Spray down inside with isopropyl alcohol.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: newbie questions [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3019316 - 08/18/04 06:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

wut do you do in a glove box?

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: newbie questions [Re: sillysimon]
    #3019338 - 08/18/04 06:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Innoculation, grain to grain transfers, stuff like that.

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: newbie questions [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #3019352 - 08/18/04 06:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You dont need it for innoculation and G2G you can do open air with some H2H2 if your home dosent have many spores.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: newbie questions [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3019371 - 08/18/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well this guy was talking about making a PRINT BOX, so i guess thats just a big ass air tight container right?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation