Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: Asante]
    #3017983 - 08/18/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its lame isn't it. There are so many people in the world that would die and do do for a good doctor and here we have people who take doctors completely for granted.

Btw, if you guys want the Fundamentalist explanation of Genesis creation story... Adam and Eve were both perfect and thus so were their genetic structures. The only reason incest is frowned upon is because the children are often deformed in some way because the genetic code that combines is too similar and does not create diversity. Fundamentalists argue that this wouldn't have happened since Adam and Eve's code were perfect and it is through time that human genetic code has degraded.

By the way, I don't advocate that point of view. I just know of it :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: Asante]
    #3017995 - 08/18/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Recent DNA and RNA studies, particurally those associated with mitochondrial RNA, have determined that all of humanity decended at one time from a single female. Very likely she and then her kids were odd mutants a bit smarter than the rest and they were forced out of thier group. With no other options she then bred with her children thus giving birth to the first of our modern race. Basically any species can be traced down to incest, but people today realize that's no longer neccessary. Trying to use the bible as proof of incest if futile because there are other passages saying its wrong.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3018020 - 08/18/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Trying to use the bible as proof of incest if futile because there are other passages saying its wrong.

Perhaps if it does both then it shows a contradiction? And if questioning established authority is futile then I'm the Pope :P

However, you'll notice that the laws against incest only come after Moses and the Old Covenant. So they weren't applicable for Adam and Eve.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3018603 - 08/18/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yup I read that too: one woman and six men I believe.
The Discovery Channel has made a beautiful documentary on that called The Real Eve. Should it come around burn or tape it!

Genetically it can only be one smart women and six apemen. Somehow humanity never outgrew that setup :grin:

Incest.. I'm sorry to bust some taboos, but Evolution is ruthless. Basically it kicks a billion PC's through the room, diosregards the many that break by it and the very few that are actually better off shall inherit the earth.

Mutagenic chemicals, radioactivity and inbreeding has made us into the people we are. That one cell got all sorts of lumping together and then that lump of flesh warped in all possible distorted shapes and we're the dinosaurs of our age.

They were scorched off the face of the earth by a comet striking Yucatan but we've evolved beyond the need for natural catastrophies.

For us, radioactivity, mutagenic chemicals and birth defects are plagues, but one in so-many billion wretched lives will spawn the next step in Evolution, even though I think like the One-Cell became an organism, the Organism got onto Land, then into the Air and then into Space, the next step logically will be to transcend carbon-based life and become Artificial Intelligence, choosing to live in the Universe of Knowledge that is our Internet. Next step is transcending time, thus space and somewhere beyond that perhaps lighting the firecracker of another Big Bang as our Universe will have dimmed.

We are free to do what we please because we might well take ourselves out of the loop within our lifetimes. Not by extinction, but simply ceasing to be the Crown of Creation, having created our successor, Homo cyberdimensionalis, to our image so we can fuck around for a billion years more looking in awe at the Messiah that returned from another dimension by silicon and electrons.

Imagine an AI free on the internet, being all over the place, hacking into the information, server and PC space it needs, growing exponentially by hijacking Terabytes, and later on Petabytes of space ad libitum at many THz of all those processors it nicks, a bit akin to the FOLDING project but then with a will of its own.
Ain't evolution wonderful?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3021045 - 08/18/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Christianity isn't the only religion with inbreeding, many of them have it, especially the ancient Egyptians. I haven't heard about brothers and sisters getting it on as often as they do in the ancient Egyptian religion since I last watched cops. I don't get what the symbolism of inbreeding is, though, even the ancient nomads knew not to inbreed, so why do the relatively newer religions incorporate inbreeding so much?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3021075 - 08/18/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

religion is the opiate of the masses

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: fearfect]
    #3022689 - 08/19/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
religion is the opiate of the masses

Or is opium the religion of the masses? :crazy:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds