Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire
    #3017690 - 08/18/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So, the latest from John Kerry is that he is against the U.S. reducing it's troop deployment in Europe and Asia. According to his aides, this "could blunt the war on terror." What a crock of shit! So besides voting for 'The Patriot Act' and voting for the abdication of congress' duty to declare war in Iraq and giving Bush a free pass, this asshole, darling of the democrat loyalist anti-war, anti-patriot act crowd wants to keep American forces in Europe (at tax payers' expense of course). How any self-respecting leftist who claims he is against U.S. empire and against the trashing of civil liberties at home could support this douche bag is beyond comprehension. One word comes to mind, 'hypocrite.'

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (08/18/04 11:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Evolving]
    #3017959 - 08/18/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Do you mean to say that while a majority of america is distracted bitching against their political enemies i.e the mind numbing left vs right debate, those they defend are actually following pretty much the same course as their supposed ideological polar opposites???

Happy voting America, get out there and make a difference....

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3017968 - 08/18/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As long as the duopoly exists, no president will ever voluntarily give up the empire we've created.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: silversoul7]
    #3017974 - 08/18/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
As long as the duopoly exists, no president will ever voluntarily give up the empire we've created.

Yup...so keep voting Bush and Kerry guys.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3018012 - 08/18/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll take a flip flopper over a liar any day. And most people would to.

--------------------

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Zahid]
    #3018022 - 08/18/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why take either?

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3018030 - 08/18/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

because kucinich & dean lost the primaries fair and square, and Kerry still has a more similar ideology to myself than bush.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Tao]
    #3018083 - 08/18/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Kucinich and Dean...so in a 'better' world would I be correct to guess that you would really like to vote for David Cobb or Ralph Nader?

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Zahid]
    #3018131 - 08/18/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
I'll take a flip flopper over a liar any day. And most people would to.

Flip flopper? The man is consistently for a bigger and more intrusive government, he supports military adventurism and the trampling of civil liberties. Hell, he is against reductions in U.S. military troops overseas. People who think that by voting for Kerry that things will significantly change are pissing in the wind and telling themselves it's a refreshing warm summer rain.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3018147 - 08/18/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What do I care about American troops coming home, I'm Canadian. I just hate Bush.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3018256 - 08/18/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Kucinich and Dean...so in a 'better' world would I be correct to guess that you would really like to vote for David Cobb or Ralph Nader?

yes

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Tao]
    #3018282 - 08/18/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
Quote:

Ancalagon said:

yes

Do you agree that the Democrat and Republican parties have been converging for some time now and on many domestic and even more foreign issues, there is little to no fundamental difference?

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3018389 - 08/18/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Do you agree that the Democrat and Republican parties have been converging for some time now and on many domestic and even more foreign issues,

Yes

Quote:

[Do you agree that] there is little to no fundamental difference?

No.

Examples:
Universal Health Care
Real investment in alternative energy sources
Environment (ANWR for example)
SC appointments
and I have a belief (though not knowledge) that Kerry and Kerry's Attorney General will not push as hard for DEA medical marijuana busts like Ashcroft (ive read the thread on those who surround kerry being involved in the anti-drug movement so don't bother posting it)
http://www.mpp.org/releases/nr092203gsmm.html
---especially cos I should be living in CA next year and my fiancee gets migraines that are well-relieved by mj.

also i'm hoping that a lot of his centrist positions are hollow campaign promises to win enough swing voters and he will move more to the left on social issues once he's elected :wink:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3018434 - 08/18/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

first to answer the topic ..i agree that "blunting the war on terrorism" prolly is just a crock-of-shit...but OTOH..bush did simply pull the proposal out of thin air..apparently for his own political expedience...so there is cause for doubt..until all the ramifications are known...after all..it doesnt make any sense that bush would do something anti-imperialist any more or less than kerry would...

now to answer the previous post ..the two parties began to converge in earnest immediately after reagan destroyed the PATCO union in 1981...all the other unions then fell like dominoes.. and the progressive democrats lost their principle source of funding ..organized labour...since then..they have been forced to accept funding from the same corporate interests that have favoured the repoops.. as such..the platforms have converged...more recently..however..the internet and the 527s have begun to reverse that trend..but unfortunately too little too late...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3019014 - 08/18/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
first to answer the topic ..i agree that "blunting the war on terrorism" prolly is just a crock-of-shit...but OTOH..bush did simply pull the proposal out of thin air..

So what? The fact of the matter is, that we can see who Kerry is by his record (Patriot Act, Iraq war) and his insistence on keeping up the American Empire using the same pretense that Bush did to go into Iraq - the 'war on terror.' Just because Bush is an asshole, does that mean that Kerry isn't?

"My God... the left wing is as robotic as the right wing." - Robert Anton Wilson.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3019028 - 08/18/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I can't help but think that Kerry is going to be 10 times worse than Bush. So far, he seems to be the exact same as Bush, PLUS the added 'benefits' of leftist economic policy.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Kerry Wants to Maintain the U.S. Empire [Re: ]
    #3019140 - 08/18/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I can't help but think that Kerry is going to be 10 times worse than Bush.

Of course he's worse. Seems to me that most just can't bring themselves to admit it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale