Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: Barbi]
    #3017710 - 08/18/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
so how come lsd (not a plant) is louder then mushrooms.

It seems a bit silly to me since its already well known that a slight change in chemical balance in the brain causes drastic effects sometimes.

I can agree with the idea tha energy is being passed, as it literally is in some way shape or form, but I find the 'naturals' idea silly.  Enough nuclear radiation would make you see god and lose your ego as well.

:laugh:

p.s.  naked lunch.

:lol: about the nuclear stuff. 

EVERYTHING is natural, some things are just furthur removed from their original state than others. 

LSD as you know is a synthetic form of a part of ergot, which is a fungus= a brother or sister (or both!) to our dear psilycibin mushroom.  But yes, it is loud, and very very concentrated.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
    #3017724 - 08/18/04 10:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The "norm" is just the consensus of the majority, and when someone deviates from the norm, they are judged abnormal ("ab" means "from").

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: stefan]
    #3017729 - 08/18/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
>once they dissolve our egos, we can hear what they need to tell us.

once they do that, our brain chemistry changes and so do our thinking patterns and our view on things :wink:
and yes different plants (well, the substances that produce the effects) have different effects on us ('voices').

if it was the organism itself that had a message how come the effects of synthetic psilocybin are the same and also have the 'vioce'?

I don't have all the answers...I thought synthetic psilocybin was actually real psilocybin derived from mushrooms though.  Am I wrong?

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3017737 - 08/18/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No it's synthesised in a lab. I don't see how this would matter though.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3017738 - 08/18/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
The "norm" is just the consensus of the majority, and when someone deviates from the norm, they are judged abnormal ("ab" means "from").

well, sorry to say but the norm is the only way to properly establish things like 'facts'. Numbers are powerful tools.

If you come up with a better way, do let the world know and im SURE you will not only be the richest person alive, but the most famous.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3017748 - 08/18/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

taken from the dictionary:

reality: a state of quality of being real

real: philos: existent, or pertaining to existence as opposed to the non-existent.

existence is a part of being, and your emotions are imcluded in this. your perception on objective reality determines your emotions. it is not to say that perceptions ARE your emotions.

I see that emotions do exist, which is why it is important to catagorize "reality" into two seperate ways, this way not to get confused. because the emotions ARE there, they ARE real. they are a part of your reality. the subjective one. they just don't apply to the atoms floating around us.

a lot can be learned from this simple fact.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3017751 - 08/18/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phishgrrl said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
so how come lsd (not a plant) is louder then mushrooms.

It seems a bit silly to me since its already well known that a slight change in chemical balance in the brain causes drastic effects sometimes.

I can agree with the idea tha energy is being passed, as it literally is in some way shape or form, but I find the 'naturals' idea silly.  Enough nuclear radiation would make you see god and lose your ego as well.

:laugh:

p.s.  naked lunch.

:lol: about the nuclear stuff. 

EVERYTHING is natural, some things are just furthur removed from their original state than others. 

LSD as you know is a synthetic form of a part of ergot, which is a fungus= a brother or sister (or both!) to our dear psilycibin mushroom.  But yes, it is loud, and very very concentrated.

So where does the 'original state' start?  beacuse mushrooms are just a bunch of atoms and crap..

I mean, in the end, it really al starts at the same building blocks regardless of what it is or where it comes from or what state it currently resides in.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: Adom]
    #3017754 - 08/18/04 10:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hmmmmmm.....well, all i can say is that life is a mystery and humans are amazing to be able to synthesize these magical molecules. Obviously it works!

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #3017769 - 08/18/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

there is no physical reality

its all an illusion to make you think there is

everything that can be seen is a conspiracy to make you think something

your reality is the only reality...just because everyone else thinks something esle doesent mean they are right....they could just be part of the illusion.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: kaiowas]
    #3017776 - 08/18/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
taken from the dictionary:

reality: a state of quality of being real

real: philos: existent, or pertaining to existence as opposed to the non-existent.

existence is a part of being, and your emotions are imcluded in this. your perception on objective reality determines your emotions. it is not to say that perceptions ARE your emotions.

I see that emotions do exist, which is why it is important to catagorize "reality" into two seperate ways, this way not to get confused. because the emotions ARE there, they ARE real. they are a part of your reality. the subjective one. they just don't apply to the atoms floating around us.

a lot can be learned from this simple fact.

no, they apply to your perception. you dont own reality. Its not yours, it exists with or without you. you own your perception of it. That is the definition of reality currently.

Second, emotions do indeed apply to the atoms in your head. Think: depression, maniac depression, prozac, seratonin, dopamine, etc.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3017779 - 08/18/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>Obviously it works!
yes it does :grin:

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#3017785 - 08/18/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
So where does the 'original state' start?  beacuse mushrooms are just a bunch of atoms and crap..

I mean, in the end, it really al starts at the same building blocks regardless of what it is or where it comes from or what state it currently resides in.

Awesome question....very Zen. 

and very true....hmmmmmm........

I guess I was referring to original state in this instance, as the fruiting body or the part of the plant that we have used to alter our conciousness for thousands and thousands of years.  :smile:

OK I'm up for naked lunch.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3017790 - 08/18/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

naked lunch was an awsome movie.

Very odd, but awsome.

:wink:

Although I would a normal naked lunch with you anyday.  That would be almost as odd.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#3017795 - 08/18/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: Yeah, I loved that movie.  William S. Burroughs was def. a tripper to the maXX0r as you guys would say.

We ought to have a shroomery naked luncheon.

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3017800 - 08/18/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

glass tables..

I could probably make a talkig typewriter...

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3017804 - 08/18/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"no, they apply to your perception. you dont own reality. Its not yours, it exists with or without you. you own your perception of it. That is the definition of reality currently."

by this definition then the definition of a rock (and all other definitions including how we define reality) doesn't exist because I must first percieve it, then idenitfy it as a rock (reality).

what was wrong with my use of the definitions clearly stated in the dictionary?   

and your comment on the emotions, I think I'll have to give it to you on that one  :thumbup:

somehow I think we are going have to agree to disagree on this one :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: A question for shroomers........ [Re: Vulture]
    #3017805 - 08/18/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Vulture said:
there is no physical reality

its all an illusion to make you think there is

everything that can be seen is a conspiracy to make you think something

your reality is the only reality...just because everyone else thinks something esle doesent mean they are right....they could just be part of the illusion.

Right on!  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3017823 - 08/18/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>you own your perception of it.
and you change your perception of it constantly (small parts, not everything). so basically it's like your hair; you have it all the time but it's always changing a little :tongue:

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3017842 - 08/18/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Nothing ever stays the same, science is always changing, doesn't that tell you that reality is a farce.

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3017844 - 08/18/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
"no, they apply to your perception. you dont own reality. Its not yours, it exists with or without you. you own your perception of it. That is the definition of reality currently."

by this definition then the definition of a rock (and all other definitions including how we define reality) doesn't exist because I must first percieve it, then idenitfy it as a rock (reality).

what was wrong with my use of the definitions clearly stated in the dictionary?   

and your comment on the emotions, I think I'll have to give it to you on that one  :thumbup:

somehow I think we are going have to agree to disagree on this one :wink:

paste the full definition, not the partial.  I pasted the dictionary defintition already and it pretty clearly states what reality means.

And that IS true about the rock, in order to see it in reality, you DO have to perceive it, as perception is the first step in identifying reality or what is or isnt real.  This is EXACTLY why just what YOU see alone is not reality, as reality is larger then you.  You, and many others have to perceive the rock in order for it to be established as reality.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate