Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
anyone get this?
    #3016938 - 08/18/04 04:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This evening, I went to visit some friends who had just gotten back in town for school. They had two french roomates who had just gotten into the country and their english was a little rough. One of them was talking, and as I listened intently, I was seeing an aura or something. My field of vision began to glow, and the french man's face changed into a different face. It was like I was seeing him how he really looked. The new face lasted for a few seconds and then kindof flickered in and out.

Something similar had happened earlier this summer. I was sitting in class and my teacher was doing a demonstration. I got the same aura effect, and my teacher's posture/personality/demeanor/appearance changed, and he really began to remind me of benjamin franklin.

Oh, I just remembered this too. I was up at 3:00 am sunday morning, and I was outside watching stars and listening to tool on a discman. I was sitting cross legged, when I noticed that my arms were coming in and out of my vision. One minute they would be there, but I would intently stare and then they just weren't there!

So like, what is this?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: anyone get this? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #3016987 - 08/18/04 05:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It was like I was seeing him how he really looked.

Do you think it was really intuition of some truth? or just the effects of substances you've previously consumed?.

Btw I would find it strange for someone to have their vision glow even ON substances never mind sober, strange, and no Ive never had anything like that.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3017351 - 08/18/04 10:26 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

computer graphics are a poor substitute for what the mind does
keep it up, 'snacheral

Onlinerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: anyone get this? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3017372 - 08/18/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You weren't seeing any reality at that moment in time, you were just percieving him in a different form. Everything that you percieve is real because that's how you are viewing it. And if it isn't real to you then what is?

--------------------
'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' ~ J. Krishnamurti

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: anyone get this? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3017452 - 08/18/04 11:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
computer graphics are a poor substitute for what the mind does
keep it up, 'snacheral

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3017796 - 08/18/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you are letting resonatic imagery stack up on top of itself.

Like stare at the "W" below very closely for 30 seconds, and then look somewhere else, like at the wall or on your desk:

W

oh look the "W" was still there, burned into your mind.

This happens when you relax your mind a bit and just kind of "stare" at something - with people it can get cool because they get kind of a "halo" effect due to your eyes and the subject not being able to hold precisely still.

"Stained" images are always in opposite colors of what the actual subject is, which is probably what cancelled out your arms. When I experience this very effectively I usually notice that everything has become "greyscale" to a certain extent, because my whole field of vision is being overlayed with a "negative" of alomst the exact same image (there's fuzziness.. again because you can't hold your eyes and your head perfectly still).

But that's just my opinion

You can often see these "stained" images a lot easier if you blink a bunch of times really fast looking at a semi-blank surface. Like if you're on the freeway at night or something and take a quick glance down at your seat and blink a bunch of times, you will see headlight-stains. I feel that this is related to what you are experiencing

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #3022300 - 08/19/04 08:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

here try this, just stare till u dont see anything...its hard to do unless your used to meditating with your eyes open and can maintain internal focus...but when i manage it, im looking out and it all just goes away, all i see is what u see when u close your eyes, yet mine are wide open. sometimes when watching tv everything will fade out completely and all i can see is the TV also

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: anyone get this? [Re: ZenGecko]
    #3022716 - 08/19/04 12:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah exactly..... this is because the "scene" you are looking at gets totally overlayed with a reversed-color image, which basically nullifies the whole scene. This is pretty hard for me to do, but I can easily obtain that "aura-type" effect these days

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology