Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekornkob101
journeyman
fresh or dry
    #3015079 - 08/17/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Are the mushrooms stronger dry or fresh?

I've been eating them the last 2 days fresh like right after I pick them and have been noticing that I have hardly even been buzzing.

I will admidt the last 2 days when I ate these I had been taking codine so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but if it does please let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekornkob101
journeyman
Re: fresh or dry [Re: kornkob101]
    #3015125 - 08/17/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

come on someone can help? Bump

OfflinePolecat
Tuga

Loc: Casa do Sino
    #3015202 - 08/17/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

fresh shrooms are never weeker...

--------------------
www.cogumelosportugal.forum-livre.com

O Caos é uma Ordem por decifrar.
Chaos is Order yet to decipher.

Jose Saramago

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
    #3015232 - 08/17/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

fresh shrooms are MORE potent that dried (and ive heard from some people that when they are dried they lose up to 50% of their potency)

Also, shrooms are not something to take 2 or more days in a row, you can build up a tolerance faster than you think, believe me...

Edited by SHR00MiN (08/17/04 07:18 PM)

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #3015234 - 08/17/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How much did you eat? Codeine probably doesn't have anything to do with it. PM me if you want more help.

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: fresh or dry [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3015286 - 08/17/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SHR00MiN said:
fresh shrooms are MORE potent that dried (and ive heard from some people that when they are dried they lose up to 50% of their potency)

Thats total bullshit they lose very little dryed...All the neewbies all love them fresh but believe me after a few harvests you will prefer them dried...
We used to hog chomp fresh field shrooms and try n chase the taste with chocolate milk ...spittin em back up in your hand an trying to get em down again...damn we were dummer than dirt
Then we would take a shitload an boil em up and then just couldnt figure out why we sometimes didnt get off :tongue2:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinekornkob101
journeyman
Re: fresh or dry [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #3015297 - 08/17/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I read that some drugs cause interactions (ie: depressants for sure and maybe pain medication) thats what I'm trying to find out.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #3015502 - 08/17/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you dry your shrooms fast and in the dark they shouldnt loose too much potency. Air dry them for a day then finish drying them with damp rid.

Im with eating dry too. You can fit way more dry shrooms in your gut then wet and your body can absorb from the dry shrooms much better. Your body is in a way extracting the musheooms, would you ever use wet muhrooms to do an extraction?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
    #3015569 - 08/17/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OJ works awesome as a chaser and breaks that shit down fast for a very nice flight! Fresh or dried by themselves they're nasty.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: fresh or dry [Re: hyphae]
    #3015950 - 08/17/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

They are very nasty ...tea made right isnt bad at all but i usually do the OJ thingy... Anno has a good tea recipe :thumbup:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
Re: fresh or dry [Re: hyphae]
    #3015976 - 08/17/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dcyans said:
OJ works awesome as a chaser and breaks that shit down fast for a very nice flight! Fresh or dried by themselves they're nasty.

OJ is a must have when trippin'!

Tea is very good,just make sure you don't over heat the water.Bring it to a slow boil then lower the heat and wait a few minutes.Put mushrroms in a pantyhose and tie a knot at open end.Place pantyhose (with the mushrooms inside) in the simmering water and stir for 10-15 minutes crushing some of the shrooms up if desired (helps to extract the goods).Let cool.Add sugar and kool-aid........enjoy!

Dry shrooms IMHO taste better than fresh shrooms,atleast with shrooms from a cattle field.

Anonymous

#3016025 - 08/17/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

fresh or dry? I could stomach horse shit if it made me trip. personally i like the taste of shrooms,wet or dry. its the vermiculite that cleans my teeth.

Offlinexdeadmagicx
cause im fuckedup

Re: fresh or dry [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #3016027 - 08/17/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i have tried codine shrooms mix it adds to the effects a little but everything gets really choppy ,and memory decreases like 95%

--------------------
64 dolluh cologne butch

Edited by xdeadmagicx (08/17/04 10:23 PM)

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: fresh or dry [Re: ]
    #3016037 - 08/17/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Horse or cow shit taste better than shrooms anyday

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3016088 - 08/17/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It astounds me that some backyard experts attempt to quantify the amount of potency lost in the wet to dry stage. 50% is so hideously inaccurate that even as a guess it is terrible.

As for the debate, definitely dry. Wet is horrible.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: fresh or dry [Re: utopianglory]
    #3016128 - 08/17/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If they lost that much nobody would wanna dry them :nonono:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
    #3016349 - 08/17/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok, well I guess they dont lose that much potency, its just what I heard.

i have never had dry shrooms yet, but I think I would prefer fresh to dry any day of the week..

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
Re: fresh or dry [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3016375 - 08/17/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wanst it moses that said, "give to thee brethren......the broken, the dried, the calloused, the forgotten, and yes lest we forget givem the shrooms"

OfflineArkodog
Stranger
    #3016658 - 08/18/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've noticed that with the PF strain (at least), ingestion of fresh shrooms seems to accentuate the visual effects considerably. I expect that this would be the same with other cubensis strains as well.

With regard to the interaction between psilocybin/psilocybin and narcotics such as codeine/morphine/heroin: a friend of mine was drooling wasted on China White H one night and went ahead and ate about forty grams of fresh PF with virtually no effect at all. The most that he could say was that he "sort of felt something" about two hours after ingestion of those shrooms. They had almost no effect on him at all.

Meanwhile, I had eaten about thirty grams fresh of the very same crop and was dodging all sorts of weird shit. Meteor showers that nobody else could see bedeviled me, while Komodo Dragons scurried around on my living room walls. A fucking psycho chick that I never met before was trying to get me to believe in magic rocks, even as a bunch of renegade LEDs skittering around on the ground tried to fry my sorry ass. Later, a motorcycle turned into a fat, grinning Capuchin monk and then back into a motorcycle again, which was annoying (to say the least). I was picking a fight with the fucking motorcycle/Capuchin monk until the owner came along and told me that I was indeed looking at a motorcycle-- and that the Capuchin monk thing was nothing more than a hallucination. He then ran away screaming, turning into a ball of fire as fled. But I was happy about having received this information because the bike really did look a bit more like a motorcycle than a Capuchin monk, and I was glad to see that I was somewhat less crazy than I had initially thought. Besides that, I would have broken my fist had I slugged the damned thing...

Without a doubt, fresh shrooms are more laden with C12 H17 N2 O2 P than the dry ones are, but it is a fact that they are WAY more disgusting to ingest in their fresh state than they are when dry.

I am not a newbie. I'm an old fart. I did my first shroom voyage way back in 1974, and have been growing the little fuckers ever since. They have been the light of my life since I was just a kid. I stayed off the streets, didn't piss anybody off, and guess what? The cops were never interested in me. There are ways to do these things without being fucked over, my friends.

So to all you new trippers: don't listen to the motherfuckers who say you will fry your brain on this shit. You can do shrooms regularly for years on end and wind up precisely as sane as I am. But the older you are, the more susceptible to bummer trips you are. It has a lot to do with the amount of responsibility the world piles on you. So don't take your bummers seriously. Drive on, motherfuckers! We're all dead in the end anyway. You owe it to yourself to see as much of the universe as you can before you decompose and become fungus food yourself!

I guess that I should mention that it's a fact that the human body tends to build up a tolerance to DMT-based entheogenic compounds such as psilocybin and LSD in record time. Back in the olden days when windowpane acid was the rule rather than the exception, a person could do 20 mics one night and achieve nirvana, and then have to do about 400 mics the next night just to get within a mile of the experience of the previous evening. Wait a week or so between trips, or you might end up feeling that you're wasting your time and your stash.

The main reason for drying shrooms is that it makes them easier to store for future use than fresh shrooms are. Fresh shrooms only last a couple of weeks (in a refrigerator) before they're dead as a syphilitic dog's nuts. Also, I don't think that fresh shrooms necessarily taste "worse" than dry ones since they all taste pretty much like shit. But it's fer shure that fresh shrooms are a LOT more disgusting to gag down than the dry ones are. They're wet and slimy. YUCKO!

Extraction of psilocybin via the use of organic solvents cannot be compared to the more intricate processes by which the human body uptakes alkaloids into the bloodstream. Besides, psilocybin might not be the only psychotropic compound to be found in the Flesh of God. There are probably several others, or so sayeth various chemists whose knowledge transcends my own by a long shot. These same chemists say that these compounds which might be psychoactive are even less stable than psilocin, which is decidedly unstable and prone to rapid decomposition when exposed to light, heat, oxygen, water, or bad breath.

When psilocybin is hydrolized in the human body it turns into psilocin, and this is what you're actually tripping on. And the amount of psilocin to be found in a fresh sample is considerably higher than that which is present in the typical dried specimen. That's another reason why fresh shrooms are more potent than dry ones. I didn't want things to be this way, incidentally: that's just the way they are. Please don't yell at me. Don't hate me. It's all God's fault, and you should take your complaints to Him. I just grow the little fuckers and eat them. I'm not in charge.

But in my opinion, this business of making tea, candy, honeyshroom mixtures, and so forth are for those soldiers who are not yet quite ready to merely shrug and endure that which is most elemental and unpalatable. Quit trying to weasle around the unpleasant part of ingesting shrooms and just accept it as one consequence of wishing to become a psychonaut, for crying out loud! The straights who routinely guzzle rotgut whiskey are calling us pussies! You guys should try peyote... there's no doing it without barfing until you think you're going to die-- until you literally wish you would die.

Yours in annoyingly elitist, old-farted trippy-ness,
Arkodog

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fresh or dry [Re: Arkodog]
    #3016734 - 08/18/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Good post Arkodog, and welcome to the boards.

Just a quick correction, psilocybin isn't a DMT based compound, and neither is LSD, as far as I know. Yes, psilocybin, lsd, and dmt are all related, and that is in that they are all trimptamine based compounds. Just a quick correction :smile:

As far as not eating the straight, I don't understand why you feel the way you do. I've eaten them fresh, dried, in ice cream, tea, etc. etc. If something tastes bad, and is difficult to ingest, then why not make it easier when it loses nothing in the process. I think making tea out of them, for me, is a nice little 15 minute centering ritual that gives me time to reflect on things beforehand. To each his own though, and I suppose I can see your point of view that just eating them raw is better. I just prefer tea for the stated reasons above.

Again, welcome friend!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck