Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
why christianity is for inbreeders:
    #3011477 - 08/16/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

according to genesis, adam + eve = cain, abel, seth...

so, we have four males and one female, all directly related.  :wink:

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3011719 - 08/17/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Christianity isn't for inbreeders. Fundamentalist christianity is. Fundamentalism straight makes no sense, and it's impossible to explain reality to these people. They're frustrating. I think christianity is an allright religion as far as religions go, but fudamentalism is outright laughable.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: the universe]
    #3012085 - 08/17/04 03:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I did an essay on the creation story for my A-level RS. Did you know that all of the original fundamentalists that founded The Fundamentals in 1905 (i think) didn't take the creation story literally like many do today? Most saw the days as epochs etc. This goes back to thinkers like Augustine too who thought a literal interpretation was idiocy. Its only in the past 50 years, roughly, that people on a large scale have chosen to adopt this idiocy :P

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3012465 - 08/17/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

christianty is grade A bullshit...rank proganda....its been a reliable source of mind control for thousands of years though, gotta give it that

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3012566 - 08/17/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

although chances are you are right, your post is not relevant to the thread and it also sounds like propaganda in its own right :P

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: Zoso_UK]
    #3013053 - 08/17/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its only in the past 50 years, roughly, that people on a large scale have chosen to adopt this idiocy

i would have to disagree with you here. the idea of christian fundementalist religion is much much older than 50 years. calvinists, anabaptists, mennonites, hutterites, puritans, shakers, quakers and the salvation army are all fundementalist (plus a bunch of others that slip my mind). fundementalism is the direct result of the reformation and counter-reformation. in fact the reformation was a return to fundemental christian religion. that was really the whole point of the reformation anyway.
it is only in the last 150 years or so that we've had things like the 7th day adventists and snake handlers and the 'typical' bible thumping fundy trying to repeal the teaching of evolutionary theory in public schools. the modern fundementalist movement, though, is no where near as puritanical as say the puritans.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3013077 - 08/17/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you'll notice i didn't say that the fundamentalist movement is only 50 years old. but its modern incarnation which takes every word completely literally is.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3013304 - 08/17/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

why banging away @ Xtians???

do not the jews (& also muslims) also go along with much of the genesis creation myth as well?

although, within each of the 3 abrahamic traditions (judasim, christianity, islam) there are many (a majority? one wonders) who do not insist on a literalist interpretaion of the holy scriptures of their faith...

~

bible- (& torah- & quran-) thumpers that ya just can't wait to trash their narrowmindednes...
-thumpers like albert shweitzer & martin buber & pir vilayat khan & thomas merton & huston smith & carl jung & viktor frankel & steve durkee & dietrich bonhoffer...

oy...

"peace on earth to men of goodwill" sang the angels to the sheepherders outside of bethlehem...

"miru mir" pa russki, droog moi... zlushayet vui?

~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: gnrm23]
    #3013514 - 08/17/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have spoken to a number of jews who insist that the modern attempt to take the Old Testament literally is incorrect.

Muslims believe that the Old Testament, while holy, has been corrupted through thousands of years. Only the Qoran is the true word of God.

Although I'm sure there are fringe groups in each that take the OT literally. And until recently, literalists in the Christian faith were also fringe.

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
    #3014249 - 08/17/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

which is why i pointed out the the reformation fundys took the bible far more literally than our modern fundys. the 'the bible is actually word of god' protestant fundementalism is far, far older than 50 years. i would think that coming from the uk you would know this. do you think cromwell found profound metaphors and allusions in the bible or do you think he was it as god's own truth? the apocalypse was supposed to destroy the world in 1666. some 65% of the population of england at the time believed this with a certainty that would astound us. the modern literal fundy movement is only the latest incarnation of literal fundy movement that extends back to the formation of the canon, and the deuteronomists. it is no more popular now than at any other time and you will always find literalist sects of judeo-christianity/islam no matter how far back in time you go. they have always been a strong and loud spoken part of monotheism even to the point of having a little thing called the inquisition created to suppress them when they got out of hand.
i am surprised that more people don't see the modern fundys as the fruit of about 3000 years of fundementalism.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3014660 - 08/17/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Until you can provide evidence, I will have to disagree. Although I'm not familiar with the 1666 belief, how does believing in the apocalypse suggest strict fundamentalism? Even conservative and liberal christians to some extent believe in an apocalypse.

Concerning Jews and Muslims, there is really has been very little recorded fundamentalism (i.e. strict literal interpretation of the Old Testament) on a large scale through both of their histories and if you can prove otherwise, please do.

Concerning Christians, however, the Catholic Church never endorsed literal fundamentalism. Today, indeed, the church accepts theistic evolution to some extent. Officially at least. There is a crucial difference between Fundamentalism which deems the Bible the direct word of God and the modern mass-movement that says that because of this, every sentence must be treated literally without concern for contextual factors etc.

Oh, and btw, coming from the UK, I know this  :tongue:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: the universe]
    #3014816 - 08/17/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

heh..

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3014940 - 08/17/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What about the Frisbetarians!!??

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Re: why christianity is for inbreeders: [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3014992 - 08/17/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Enlighten me, what about this group? Were they a majority group espousing literal fundamentalism?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3015087 - 08/17/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

They believe that when you die your soul gets stuck on the roof and you can't get it down. It is a type of literal fundementalism.

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

#3015110 - 08/17/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The type I'm referring to it people who take all the Bible literally, not just bits.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3015114 - 08/17/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus, (sorry for the pun) you missed it completely...

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #3015710 - 08/17/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i caught it. nice toss.

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
why banging away @ Xtians???

i didn't realize so many others wish to believe that they are a product of incest.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3017632 - 08/18/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

eric red...
you know that's a norse name, dude...
and norse mythology has a good deal more incestuous doings that the jewish/christian/islamic mythos, fwiw...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (08/18/04 01:11 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3017809 - 08/18/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

According to science and biology all life on earth stems sprang forth off trailerpark populated by the offspring of one single-cell organism who's DNA in mutated shapes is present in all things living on the good Earth.

So even science agrees we all (even the mushrooms we eat) sprang forth from the Inbred County trailerpark in the Pre-Cambrium era.

Please notice that Genesis (the bible, not the band) says Eve sprang forth from the body of Adam while Biology says the second organism formed from the first by cell division. (insanely interesting stuff really, except in the way I tell it :evil:)

Quote:

So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh

Genesis 2-21

Surgeons like this one, because it actually speaks of a proper surgery with application of anaesthesia (an non-detrimental unconscious sleep unrousable by being operated upon equals textbook third-level surgical anaesthesia), which makes the core foundation of Christianity directly contradict that modern medicine is in violation of God's will as some fundamentalists claim.

Well: let those righteous ones be free of any medical interventions whatsoever :thumbdown: Innocent kids die because their religiously insane parents refuse to take them to a doctor. :frown:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom