Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices???
    #3011140 - 08/16/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just watched a show on the discovery channel about a man who claims to blow out/turn off lights when he gets around them. His wife even said that at times he's touched her and she felt a painful electrical shock. In addition to this man, there were several other individuals who have made the same claims and a reseacher who dedicated himself to finding what is going on with this phenomenon. The scientists who were on the program focused on the mind/brain complex to look for answers, but ultimately they came to the same conclusion that they most people do, that it is an unexplained phenomena. I too have noticed that when I concentrate/focus on my chakra's/energetic body, if a T.V. is on it will start to mess up. Coincidentally*, this actually happened when I was watching the show I just described to you. The satelite lost its signal in the room I was in and had to reset, but the other T.V. that my dad was watching in the other room was fine ( I could hear the olympics announcers, so I know it wasn't actually the satelite that went out). My belief is that this is due to interference created by our energetic field. T.V. signals are invisible to us, so why is it so hard to believe that people to have an invisible energetic field. Some people claim to see aura's, etc. but for me it makes sense that they're just perceiving the energetic body to some extent. Scientists can detect stronger than normal fields around the area's that supposedly contain our chakras, and "healers" have had marked increases in electrical conductivity/activity when they were in a healing session. I know for me nothing weird happens when I just watch t.v. normally, but when I start to concentrate on putting out energy pretty much without fail the t.v. goes out. Is this a coincidence? I don't know, but I really doubt it. We speak of people with "magnetic" personalities. Is this simply because of their physical self, or is it because they are putting out a type of energy that people are attracted to. Look at the way people fawn over celebrities, they try to follow their every move, know every intimite detail, so that they may vicariously experience that person's life, but do you think that we call them stars because they shine "brighter" than most people? I'm interested to see if anyone on here has had similar experiences or just has something he/she would like to say. I feel as if this forum attracts many like-minded invividuals, but on the same token, I feel like many people on this board are "special" to borrow a line from an old post. Anyway, let me know what you think.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Edited by dmtrypr (08/22/04 08:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3011186 - 08/16/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe telekinesis might work on a similar level, although it's just speculation. I think it might have to do with static charges created by galvanic skin response, which has been documented.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: deff]
    #3011239 - 08/16/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is physics no longer taught in school? Explain how varying skin resistivity might move objects.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: Swami]
    #3012476 - 08/17/04 08:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I meant work on the same principle as GSR. This would imply a subconscious change of electrical charge which in turn could pull/push objects.

Edit: GSR isn't just a measure of resistance. It can also be a measure of the body's own energy.

"a change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety; can be measured either by recording the electrical resistance of the skin or by recording weak currents generated by the body"

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #3013060 - 08/17/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've noticed this as well. I've also found that it's somewhat controllable while shroomin'. Call me crazy, but when our beliefs are based on (partly) perception, I find this phenomenon hard to discard.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3013234 - 08/17/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ive noticed that when i get closer to or in some cases farther away from the stereo emmiting a radio frequency the static buzz sound i hear either fades when i get farther or better while i get closer. Could have something to do with telekenises but who am i to say that...

PEACe EZ
MBA

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: Mad_Buhdda_Abuser]
    #3013372 - 08/17/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Read up on antennas and radio waves.

--------------------

Offlineuki
fool of wisdom
Loc: the milky way
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: Swami]
    #3014157 - 08/17/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i was having an ordeal returning some items to a department store, i was getting angry and i started to tingle when all of a sudden the computer i was in front of flickered out... the cashier apologized for the inconvience since it was working fine just before i got all pissy. kung fu teaches you about moving and controlling chi, tai chi singing bowls measure and give back electrical energy... also practicing outside one can find that they can manipulate the air around them. so yes i believe it's true. on another note why do you think we put power lines above ground as opposed to under?? it keeps our minds scrambled to the extent that we don't find reletive peace and calm within ourselves. taking alook around you can easily conclude where all the "buzz" is coming from. peace.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: uki]
    #3014385 - 08/17/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i was having an ordeal returning some items to a department store, i was getting angry
So that Kung Fu meditation really helped your emotional control then... An ordeal is having your house destroyed by a hurricane, not having to wait in line an extra 10 minutes.

the cashier apologized for the inconvience since it was working fine just before i got all pissy
Many electrical appliances give no warning prior to failure. Your associating your mental state with a common occurrence could be a sign of a deeper pathology.

kung fu teaches you about moving and controlling chi, tai chi singing bowls measure and give back electrical energy...
(Amazing non sequitur!) Yeah, those ancient Shaolin monks were world famous electrical engineers.

also practicing outside one can find that they can manipulate the air around them.
Yeah, that inside air is way too dense to manipulate. Any movement affects the air.

it keeps our minds scrambled to the extent that we don't find reletive peace and calm within ourselves.
Is your Kung Fu school big on blame? "Master, I cannot concentrate because of the Taos Hum."

on another note why do you think we put power lines above ground as opposed to under??
It is more economical to build and maintain is why. Another great mystery solved by Swami.

taking alook around you can easily conclude where all the "buzz" is coming from.
I "looked around" and came to no easy conclusion.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: Swami]
    #3014485 - 08/17/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ah - ha!
Quote:

It is more economical to build and maintain is why. Another great mystery solved by Swami.

Theyre harder to maintain - power lines constantly go out because of trees falling and such. With any major storm, it's almost certain that the powerlines will get screwed up somewhere along the line.

Why, pray tell, do huge chunks of Europe have no external power lines? They run them under the sidewalk. The initial cost is higher, but they're easier to maintain, harder to screw up, and much more aesthetically pleasing

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: vampirism]
    #3014605 - 08/17/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Theyre harder to maintain - power lines constantly go out because of trees falling and such.

Depends where the power lines are. Out west with hundreds of miles of treeless terrain, it is certainly cheaper above ground.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: Swami]
    #3014628 - 08/17/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hrm, thats a good point.
But they're still really ugly, and cars can hit and such...

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: vampirism]
    #3014788 - 08/17/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Plus much more economical to repair the lines, rather than having to dig them up. Swami is right.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: deff]
    #3014793 - 08/17/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

?
Economical at first, yes. But replacing poles every 50 years is a pain in the ass, just not for a while.

Underground, theres not much that can go wrong that will require digging up lines.. besides which, there are ways to access them

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3014932 - 08/17/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Whoa... I've noticed this BIG TIME!

I'm really good at affecting devices like these:

and especially this one:

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3015098 - 08/17/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My bullshit meter goes off whenever I open my mouth...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3019696 - 08/18/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll go out on a limb and risk ridicule because I've experienced this on several occasions.

There were two occasions which my partly government funded program was to be eliminated. This has not been a mere job, but a career. I owned two different cars during each event, which was separated by a couple of years: an '84 Fiero and a '90 Miata. On both occasions selective electrical functions on these cars failed to operate after I received the threatening news. Both times I was highly distraught. I don't remember the specifics, but the radio, windshield wipers, and maybe some lights wouldn't function. I even checked the manual against the fuse boxes. All fuses were OK. The next day, in both cases all equipment was functioning.

Some 10 years ago I turned a new girlfriend on to mushrooms. It was HER first trip, but she ended up taking care of me. I broke out in a drenching sweat and she started applying cold wet washcloths to my head. The CD player, which I still use, began to function erratically and eventually froze in the tray out position. Never happened before, hasn't happened since.

On New Years Eve 1999-2000, my 14 year old Dachshund Ben began to sicken. I KNEW he was going to die even though my Lady just thought he was sick and we'd take him to the vet after the holiday. I had to put him down four days later, his kidneys failed, and he would just slide off my lap without trying to scramble back up (people at the Shroomery were very supportive since I posted my grief). During the interim, my garage door opener refused to function, couldn't be reset and I had to disengage it. After the crisis, it began to function again.

I have to be REALLY upset for these 'Carrie-like' electronic mishaps to occur. The latest event occurred just a few days ago and this time it was simple but mechanical, not electric or electronic. My father died last Tuesday and I flew his body up to NJ for burial. I was composed and gave the eulogy. When I flew back home, the living room ceiling fan's switches (maybe you've seen this model - it's a Home Depot fan with upper and lower stained glass lamps - one is built into the fan housing, very nice) stopped working. One of the two light switches on pull-chains, and the fan's pull-chain locked tight. Hours later, after work, I got a ladder out to see if I could remove and replace the switches (two at once? What are the odds?) and they were functioning again.

These are the incidents that come to mind.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#3019776 - 08/18/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I too have noticed that when I concentrate/focus on my chakra's/energetic body, if a T.V. is on it will start to mess up. Ironically, this actually happened when I was watching the show I just described to you.

That's not irony. Had you been watching a show that claimed that what you described isn't possible, it would have been ironic. Your statement of this experience as ironic when it was in fact not is also an instance of irony.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices?? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3019784 - 08/18/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I trippin my ass of right now dont realy now how i am even on my computer now but.....................................THATS IS FUNNY ASS SHIT

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Has anyone noticed that they affect electrical devices??? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3020719 - 08/18/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How many times have you been distraught or upset when nothing electrical went awry?

The linking of these events is purely an internal association and not evidence of causation.

BTW, sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. :frown:

--------------------

Edited by Swami (08/18/04 10:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom