Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytrance
    #3013979 - 08/17/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

To anyone who have used with success Learys book The Psychedelic Experience, I have some questions:

First, I havent found in the manual any note as to when first bardo instructions should be read/played to voyager - lets say we are talking about LSD session - shud one wait for the peek to estabilish (60+ to 120 minutes into the trip) or perhaps a bit earlier?

Also, I was wondering about modificating it all a bit to fit more active way of triping. About one year ago I have had a truly liberating experience during a psy trance festival. I have entered into trance, left my ego behind and in ecstasy enterd what I can only describe as nirvana. And I could tell I wasnt the only one liberating there - I`d rather say on psychedelic goa trance parties enlightenement is what it is all about. But unfortunatelly, this year I was not as succesfull or lucky, even thought it was quite educating experience.

I`m going again in one day from now thought. I have read full Psychedelic Experience for the first time just now, and I`m planing future session as described in manual. Hovever, for now, I`m thinking -  will knowing the instructions and saying them in my mind, or at least key elements, as well as desire to join buddah and merge with union of life - be helpfull in attaining liberation (during lsd session while dancing, in trance)? Or will having verbal mind active be a problem, perhaps I should direct myself into right direction and than shut up\?

Anyone with some thoughts and ideas or experience with all this will be very welcomed to answer me! And the faster you can answer the better, I`m leaving to meet my destiny soon  :wink:  many thanx!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytr [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3014357 - 08/17/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck, I wouldn't worry too much about when to read the First Bardo... but I'd suggest right before the peak... while you can still read.

I have not read much of that book during trips, but reading it before tripping has been very helpful.

Have fun, be safe.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytr [Re: Rose]
    #3014584 - 08/17/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No no, I meant saying it in my mind, the key points - no reading during trip, I`ll be dancing than. Or perhaps I`ll go to some quiet place and....

Actually, I must thank you especially, since it was your recomendation in the FAQ thread that I have read 4 days ago that made me read The Manual in the right time of my life - I`v tried to read this book quite some time ago when I was only begining my psychedelic journeys, and I wasnt ready.

Peace and love and good luck with your faq project. You have already helped at least one person :smile:

Edited by Psiledehysp (08/17/04 04:13 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3014668 - 08/17/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your kind words.

In your case, I think you are right, just remind yourself to move towards the light (whatever that means :wink: )... or merging with Buddah and life. Just think happy thoughts :smile:

What a great book huh?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinenickelpenny
journeyman
Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytr [Re: Rose]
    #3015157 - 08/17/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It also says in the book to stay away from "grasping one, or fleeing the other".

So this means you can also reach liberation with those badass horrifying trips.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytrance [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3015392 - 08/17/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The book is great, and i think every tripper should read it.
It gives very helpful instructions for avoiding bad trips, and for taking the best out of the good and the bad ones.

Quote:

Hovever, for now, I`m thinking - will knowing the instructions and saying them in my mind, or at least key elements, as well as desire to join buddah and merge with union of life - be helpfull in attaining liberation (during lsd session while dancing, in trance)? Or will having verbal mind active be a problem, perhaps I should direct myself into right direction and than shut up\?

But my advice as a trancer is leave everything at the door to the festival (including the book) and just be. The knowledge of the book is already imprinted in your mind, in case you have to remember it.

In a party, the psy-music should provide every guidance you need. How will you attain 'liberation' if you are constantly thinking about what leary says in the book?

Just eat your lsd, shut your mind up, leave every concept and accepted behaviour from everyday life behind, let the music take hold, go with the flow, and 'liberation'/'nirvana' as you call it will come upon you :biggrin:

For me the book is more useful for solo trips, in a quiet environment, but to each his own.

Anyway, what's the festival you're going to, if i may ask? :wink:

happy trancing! :sun:

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytrance [Re: esin]
    #3017100 - 08/18/04 04:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, the book is quite amazing, definitelly what I needed. I think I`ll just keep in mind the wise teachings, and let things to happend.

To merge with the light and Budda, thats better goal than "to enter trance and see what will happend". The funny thing is, or maybe its not funny but strange - last year when I have - to my surprise - reached my "nirvana" :smile: - the blotters I have taken were... Buddahs.

Thanks for advices, I feel more love and positive energy now after reading the book and your words.

I`m going to Wonder Land festival in Germany (www.wald-frieden.de - site in german but you can see beautifull location and stuff) I heard its very good, not too big, wild, good spirit - and on the border of forrest. I`v been to Voov Experience and Shiva Moon this year too. On Voov there were too many piss drunk high on cocaine retards on the dance floor, with their chicks and cell phones... at least for some time.

Anyway, happy trancing to you too!

Edited by Psiledehysp (08/18/04 04:56 AM)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytrance [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3017559 - 08/18/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I prefer that way because usually things work better for me if i have no expectations.
Probably because i never know what to expect from parties these days. A couple years ago every party was a good one, these days it's getting harder and harder to find parties with the right vibe.

Thus, I prefer to be pleasantly surprised, than to be unpleasantly dissapointed.

Besides probably when you found your nirvana/merging with light/the cosmic vibration for the first time, you weren't expecting anything out of trance dancing. At least i wasn't.

Quote:

On Voov there were too many piss drunk high on cocaine retards on the dance floor, with their chicks and cell phones... at least for some time.

Lol. They are thriving in trance parties everywhere, so i heard.

The piss drunk ones are good to cheer people up. They usually do lots of decadent stuff they won't be able to remember, so they make me laugh :lol:.

The cocaine/cell phone ones are fine with me, as long as they don't let their phones ring where i can hear them :wink:. Nothing like a good cell phone ring to bring you back from high heavens and crash you hard back on earth.

The ones that gross me out the most are the people with the massive MDMA/speed doses that seem like they are chewing and eating through their own mouths and faces :evil:. Not a pleasant sight for the tripper.

But well, they all got the right to enjoy themselves the way they want to.
Someday they will try a serious dose of acid. From then on, either they never show up in parties again, or learn a few things about what the psy-culture is all about and come back with a nice vibe.

BTW, the Wonderland festival seems very nice. The spot looks very cool. Don't know most of the artists, but i've seen Sally Doollaly and Stella Nutella dj sets in the past. A bit too agressive style for my taste, but both can and will blast a dancefloor to smithereens :smile:.

Me going to Boom festival, in a week from now :biggrin:

Enjoy your festival, hope you find what you're looking for!  :mushroom2:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3157173 - 09/20/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Aren't you all already liberated?
Nirvana is in the Samsara, the Starmaker is dreaming the Samsara.
There is no where to get, you are already there...

Offlinegeneric_ken
Stranger
Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytr [Re: mecreateme]
    #5192237 - 01/17/06 06:50 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ilove doing LSd at a psy-trance rave. I just go into a trance with teh music and dance for hours

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytr [Re: generic_ken]
    #5192737 - 01/17/06 08:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

deleted - double post

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Edited by Psiledehysp (01/17/06 08:59 PM)

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

Re: Practical use of Learys Psychedelic Experience and psytr [Re: generic_ken]
    #5192740 - 01/17/06 08:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Wow thats an old thread of mine :smile:

Let me say few things how I see things these days, 15 months later - but that after I`ll get some sleep!

But yeah mecreateme, there is no where to go  :smile:

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
    #5194234 - 01/18/06 07:25 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

sorry if I'm writing this with no text... but if I wasn't this tired, I would write a 1000 word post on what I think about goa and tripping at a festival. I've had things happen to me when I was totally sober, all I had was water man, and I was flying into a devine place.

but yes, I'd like to see more ppl with love and freedom come out to these psy trance festivals. Make sure you bring nothing with you other than love and respect for who, what you and everyone are.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale