Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehybridphil
Student

Loc: Milky Way....they'll neve...
Thinking too much??
    #3013927 - 08/17/04 04:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For a long time now I've been realizing that every conversation I have with anybody always becomes deep into thought. Like a conversation that really makes you think. I thought it was good and helped me realize a lot of things for the time being but now I always get depressed when I get into deep thought and I feel that's the only way I can have a conversation with anybody. I wish I was simple and didn't think at all about anything. I feel like all this deep thought will be the end of me. The deeper I think, the more convinced I am that I'm better off dead...but that's also supported by my parents. I don't know if I should blame this on drugs but..well ...I really don't know. Anybody know anything about this problem I have. Help..please..

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: hybridphil]
    #3014090 - 08/17/04 04:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

deep thought is one of those things that may hurt in the short term, but in my experience the long-term rewards are well worth it.

I know the universe can be confusing at times, but IMO its always better to try and figure it out and endure the frustration rather than sweeping the problem under the rug.

Dont be like everyone else. God gave you the gift of deep thought, so use it. Although it may seem like a huge burden now, once cultivated it will become an awesome power. Have patience, and keep on plugging.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3015015 - 08/17/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you are so right

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: UncleMike]
    #3015238 - 08/17/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ive learned to love it :smile:

sometimes the people around me get annoyed tho.

i only have a few freinds that are on my level.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Anonymous #1

#3015435 - 08/17/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've lived with it my entire life, it sucks, but it has its advantages too if you apply it.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: Organic]
    #3015475 - 08/17/04 10:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The same with me, i like to talk technical things but i get depressed when in order to have a conversation i would have to teach them allot. Most of the times i just give up after seeing its falloing out of there ears.

Its better to have fewer good conversations then many stupd ones. With one of my friends everything he says is a plan to get fucked up and he's extremely selfish and uses anyhting/one to get money or drugs for the day. He has no morals for example yesterday we did yay, first time in a while, and he said i dont see how people get into doing it allot. I tried to get into a talk about how we are creatures of habbut, he just looked away in a yipped up fashion. He called me today, he wanted me to throw down on another bag then drive his ass to pick up, then drop him off because he had to do something with his mom.

Edited by Gr0wer (08/17/04 10:08 PM)

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3016285 - 08/18/04 01:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It is a very good thing, and doctor is 100% right IMO, incorperate your deep thought into every day lifestyle and you will be unstopable in a sense, as for teaching others, its hard, everyone is spoon fed by tv and such things, which means you need to compete with it and use things to catch their attention.

--------------------

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3018625 - 08/18/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm the same way, and I've just learned to have these deep conversations with myself, until I meet the rare person that I think is interested and cares.

Just use it to make yourself a better person, thus bettering the entire world. 

I've also learned to use casual conversation in a meaningful way....talk about what others feel comfortable with, at the same time connecting with them deeply.  If that makes sense. 

:heart: We are here for you, and I'm sorry you're feeling down. It sounds like you would really enjoy meditation or being involved in Buddhism which is a very deep philosophy saturated with spirituality.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3018771 - 08/18/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You chose this path, knowingly or not, and here are its consequences.

Not to say that this is a negative consequence, but yes it will stunt your social life in some way or another, if thats what you're implying.

So you're not going to fit into every square hole. Embrace your differences, and embrace yourself.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinehybridphil
Student

Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: daba]
    #3019799 - 08/18/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks a lot guys! It's not that I wish I didn't have it...just I wish there were more people that understood it on the same level as me. When I made the first post, I was just feeling really down but it happens to the best of us. I'm really starting to look into Buddhism and I'm loving philosiphy. All this deep thought definitely allows me to apply it to my choices and thus making better choices so I mean, I can't complain. Thanks again all!

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #3028846 - 08/20/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thinking too much is bad. I am slowly getting over the crippling habit of overthinking. If things you think bother you constantly, then it is a problem. You have to spend most of your day doing, not thinking. If you are immersed in the present moment you are probably not thinking, and you'll feel much more peaceful.

The mind is just a powerful tool; one that you pick up when you need to use it, and put down when the mental task at hand is done.

The drugs are almost definately a culprit. Marijuana in particular makes my mind constantly chatter about nothing truly important.

If you want to fix this, get off the drugs, make sure you have enough to do (work, hobbies, friends), and get some books on meditation. There is no reason to comtemplate the meaning of life 24-7. I used to philosophize all day, but I learned it's totally unnecessary if I'm happy with my life.

Whenever you get into a train of thought that makes you feel bad or weary, shift your attention to whatever's around you. Get physically involved in something, and keep your mind on what is happening right now.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3029435 - 08/20/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i think i think too much...

seriously though, thinking is not a bad thing. I am a student of philosophy, and that's all about thinking. Without thinking, what are we?

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #3029546 - 08/20/04 07:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Naw, profound, deep thinking is a big plus. I pride myself on thinking d33p.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3031197 - 08/21/04 03:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I recommend you try meditation and learn about Zen Buddhism and Taoism. Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, and the Tao Te Ching are very interesting.

They've showed me that worrying and pain are willful creations of a weak and overconceptual mind. Life itself lies beyond thought, to understand true reality and feel at peace you have to learn not to think so much. IMO, unless you are very deliberate about it and have a disciplined mind thinking only takes you farther from the truth and into abstracts and delusions.

Now, even though it seems like alot of people don't think much that is not true. Everyone is constantly thinking; those people are just thinking about really simply and shallow things and are caught in a loop of thinking about those things over and over again. You really don't realize how much we all think until you can stop.

Non-thinking is something entirely different from stupidity and ignorance, it gives you the clarity and freedom to think in more rational and stable ways.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3035268 - 08/22/04 04:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, meditation will help. Thought and awareness are two different beasts. It sounds to me like you almost have a compulsion to think all the time- meditation will help you reign in your mind and keep it from dragging you down.

Exercise for the body, meditation for the mind.
You should join us at the Spirituality and Philosophy forum when you get in one of your deep moods.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3037964 - 08/22/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good advice Cyberchump

I've gone through a similar ordeal - things will start to mellow out if you want them to. If you're like I was, only half of you wants to stop thinking so deeply, and the other half still believes it's absolutely necessary. Is it? Is it worth it?

Headup hybirdphil, sounds like you're ready for a change. Don't worry about letting your habits go.

Offlinehybridphil
Student

Re: Thinking too much?? [Re: Grav]
    #3039536 - 08/23/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you so much guys. I don't know what I would do without the shroomery. I've been reading many a threads in the spirituality and philosophy forum and have found great interest. I realize that all the thinking is for the better but I suppose I have to work on applying my thoughts. Thanks again everybody! Every reply means a lot to me!

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being