Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Deja Vu
    #3012440 - 08/17/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so i had a crazy case of deja vu yesterday and i realized that i had no idea what it was or what caused it. so i looked it up and the sources i found said they really have no idea what deja vu is, there are theories but thats is. they said it usually only happens to people under 30. i get it a lot, its a weird sensation and only lasts for a second or so...id say it happens to me maybe once a month. you guys have any theories regarding the phenomenon?? please dont say "its a glitch in the matrix"  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja Vu [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3012456 - 08/17/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

there's an interesting theory which states, as best as i can remember, that deja vu may be the result of a mini seizure of our brains which causes a slight delay in our perceptions so that we feel as though we've "done this before" even though it's just happening right then. i think someone posted about it here before.........

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Clean]
    #3012459 - 08/17/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hmm i like that theory...better than the past lives theory

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
    #3012487 - 08/17/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

its only because sometimes the left/right sides of ther brain have a delay between them.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3012692 - 08/17/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wish I had it again from time to time, havent had it in years now. And I'm under 30..

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Clean]
    #3012703 - 08/17/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

interesting theory.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #3012739 - 08/17/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

One time on LSD I had a extended period of very very vivid deja vu. Perhaps for about an hour or so. Because it went on for so long, after a few minutes I got past the 'hmm, this is kind of strange...' feeling, to actually being able to analyse it, crawl inside the caverns of this perception, to investigate what was happening.

Basically what I think was happening with that deja vu and other times I've experienced it, is when 'memory' tears away / forms some form of feedback loop with 'present consciousness'...so in other words, you're remembering each moment as it happens...the thing you're remembering IS the thing that is happening, you're essentially experiencing each moment twice, once in present consciousness and once in memory.

This is just one possible theory, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was wrong, but this was my conclusion after a good half hour or so of intense 'self psychoanalasys' while experiencing the effect itself.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3012740 - 08/17/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Either that, or it's the subconscious pre-analyzing the situation and following cause/effect based on past similar experiences to predict the result slightly before it's experienced. That's sort of my view on the matter, but it could be anything really. I haven't had it in sometime though :/

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3012756 - 08/17/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I get this effect quite a bit.
here is what I note:

at onset of being entheogenized, thought strobes, or seems to go on for a much longer time than usual, and may even seem to echo or reverberate.

Basically all sensations and thoughts fade out more slowly with or without reverbs.

sometimes, when the effect is great,
some subsequent "thought images" seem to fade before preceeding ones fade (they are itno a reverb cycle).

is it due to association or post processing (the reverb?)?

sometimes this effect is so distinct that I can watch a clock's hands move backwards just by looking.

then consider that something happens while you are not noticing it but while you are paying attention to something else that would have definitely faded earlier if you were not entheogenized.

meantime you have an inkling of what is actually happenning but it does not get your attention. Then FINALLY you notice the tail of the preceeding event fading from your experience horizon. and you go:

"Deja VU!!" "Wow!!" ("I knew it - all of it exactly like that - now it is fading I wish I had more of it... I must be Psychic...")

Well silly, of course you knew about it - you are just catching up your own the event horizon, after you have been technically submerged in daydreaming in the midst of trails of entheogenized existence.

I guess you can call THAT a seizure, but it means more if you pay attention to what is actually going on.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Deja Vu [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3012862 - 08/17/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Or you just might be high like a kite

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3012928 - 08/17/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe they are phenomenon of precognition. In other words, perhaps in dream time you reviewd the moment the night before and then when it happens, it feels 'familiar". You have to beleive in simultaneous time to understand that future probabilities are being accessed, forgotten, then recalled- dejavu.

I have dreams about stuff that I see on the tele the next day in perfect detail so I know I am visiting or reviewing the following days probable events in my dream time.

I'm over 30 and get them A LOT. If you get them you can USE them to get insight into other probable futures. When the feeling comes over you, SHUT everything out and tune in. You can follow the feeling into other future events. I had a dejavu one time where I was able to tune in well and got images of me living in a completely different place. I thought that was absurd as i was planning on never leaving that home. Sure enough, this and that happened beyond my wildest dreams and I ended up living 1000s of miles away just a month later. I recalled the dejavu premonition and realised I could use dejavu vibes to see into my probable future.

Play with the energy to increase psychic ability. It's fun stuff!

I did read somewhere that a subtle shift in the linear time field happens which creates a crack in perception allowing for multi dimensional time access. What causes this momentary breach of the field I have no idea- yet. Alas, another mystery to explore.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
    #3012953 - 08/17/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i too have experienced intense deja vu. the most memorable was when i disclocated my knee at highschool. i was laying on the floor of a hallway receiving nitrous oxide (oh sweet nitrous) from the emts and i realized that i had dreamed this very thing down to the most minute detail about a week before.
granted, many people will tell you that it is a reaction to the chemicals or a 'brain fart' where for some reason the perception of an event is delayed in entering the conciousness mind after it has already been perceived (hence the 'i've done this before' feeling).
i have had many other deja vu, and have come to the conclusion that it is an aspect of conciousness. any concious being can experience deja vu for the simple reason that our conciousness attempts to place experience into a linear time frame when time is not necessarily linear. this can lead to 'fore-knowledge' of events or experiences.
hightened states of awareness can cause this faculty to become more developed.

or i am insane (which is just as likely)

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Deja Vu [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3012994 - 08/17/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I definitely relate Dejavu to dreamtime as well.  My precognition experiences come to me through conversation, dreams, and through dream like states.  Definitely a tool of intuition for myself.  I take Dejavu semi-seriously, and I contemplate the scenarios in my head.

When meditative, and indulging in "alien-dream-time", you can center the world around you, basically making it stop, for your complete observation.

Whether it is past-lives, intution, dreams, or the future..That all lies within yourself.  there was already a long nice thread about this statement but, let me just restate it for the fact of accessing it, forgetting it, then recalling it :smile:

You mind Does create your own reality.

So take your Ego and flush it down the drain because our personally theories in the end are worthless, just give me a fuckin' hug!

Peas.
-Ares

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:sun: :sun: :sun:
:grin: :grin:
:laugh: :laugh:
:heart: :heart:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Deja Vu [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3013003 - 08/17/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I would also like to add to the above, That dejavu comes from the dream-state, THROUGH REM.

Whether you wake up from a dream and remember it RIGHT THEN, or you have to actually be recalled to the thought that was experienced in the dream through this realm and reality, you are experiencing it none the less.

That is all :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Deja Vu [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3013005 - 08/17/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

A hug will work!! :laugh:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3013105 - 08/17/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

from dreamstate?
OK
and then waking up to the deja vu? - that would actually be what I described

and then waking up with something that will be a deja vu later? -hmmmm I wonder. (such nuggets are unusual but might seem to have come from the earlier dreamstate, because one dreamstate is much like another - but one might have dipped into it for a moment when just walking around too)

the dream state itself is very cool, very long image fadings, massive overlay integrations, entire adventures on the edges of the side effects of dream time engram integration.

parallel time lines, hmmm can't refute it but it is not necessary for the deja vu event to be explained.

{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3013345 - 08/17/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Deja Vews for me happen like this, im usually by my self in a social situation. Ie: being in school. All of a sudden for no apparent reason i look at something such as a ketchup package on the floor then look up in a specific direction and look at someone. Even the sounds, actions and positions of the people around me are the exact same. At that moment i realize i had done this before and go on with my life, thinking nothing of except of how wonderous and mysterious life is. I can honsetly say its a feeling of doing it in a dream of some sort not sure...all i know is that they are fun to go through and even more fun recognizing it!!!

PEACE amigos
MBA

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Deja Vu [Re: Mad_Buhdda_Abuser]
    #3013536 - 08/17/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

note
all of a sudden
the sense of having done this before exactly
It is just like this
usually a short sequence that is recognized
usually indeed after emerging from being absorbed in something else.
The actual events of deja vu always fall into this context of
being a short sequence after the attention shifts
(out of a "reverie" or entheogen induced or meditation induced absorption)
Then the viewer catches up with his own experiencing horizon from being otherwise immersed, and so it seems utterly that a familiar thing has happenned again.

Quote:

Mad_Buhdda_Abuser said:
Deja Vews for me happen like this, im usually by my self in a social situation. Ie: being in school. All of a sudden for no apparent reason i look at something such as a ketchup package on the floor then look up in a specific direction and look at someone. Even the sounds, actions and positions of the people around me are the exact same. At that moment i realize i had done this before and go on with my life, thinking nothing of except of how wonderous and mysterious life is. I can honsetly say its a feeling of doing it in a dream of some sort not sure...all i know is that they are fun to go through and even more fun recognizing it!!!

PEACE amigos
MBA

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3014152 - 08/17/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe the more you open to deja vu the more you will experience it. Days after having long/intense spiritual chats with friends I will get in creased bouts of deja vu.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3015900 - 08/17/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I swear I've experienced this thread before..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order