Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
steadying people's minds..
    #3011318 - 08/17/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have a unique ability and i'm not sure what it is...

Whenever i am riding in a car with someone, and a light turns yellow, I can influence the driver's decision whether to slow down and stop, or step on the gas and run it.

This is all done without saying a word, or making even the slightest movement. it is totally "telepathic" for lack of a better word, and i am able to do this with a 98% rate of "complicity" (again, for lack of a better word).

I experemented with this, and attempted this at varying distances from the yellow light. When the decision was a simple matter of choice (personal preference), my influence is successful upwards of 100%.

When the light was further away (involving more risk taking to run the light), the success rate drops.

but even then, the driver will seem to be going with my influence by default, and actually has to perform some sort of mental over-ride sequence to act outside of my influence.

My question is, what gift is this, and what other more productive applications could i use this for besides just something to toy around with at stoplights?

I'm assuming that:

#1 When people encounter a yellow light, they are at a point of instant indecision.

#2 people in cases of instant indecision tend to seek immediate guidance.

#3 Somehow I am providing the guidance which they were expecting to recieve.

So, unwanted telepathy would be like junk mail to be discarded. But telepathy given at a time when counsel is being sought is warmly recieved.

I guess all I need to do now is listen for people's prayers.

Sage advice to self.

I dunno, can anyone add anything I may have overlooked? :mushroom2:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: steadying people's minds.. [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3011333 - 08/17/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my guess would be: it is not that you are influcing their thoughts, just tuned into them so much you read thier reactions/mind to see if they will stop and somehow it registers to you what they chose.. but even that prooves some sort of conection beyond words... often times I will play the guess game, except I will guess if a passing car at night is a male or female, and I get it right ... I notice a different vibe from the 2 when I scan the area of the car with my 'mind' or however the fine print works... can you continuosly effect people? I find after a series of cars I will no longer have the concentration to read their energy, but it is strange I can always get the first 3 or 4... whether this is random chance guessing, or perhaps some subconscious steroptype of the car/drive speed(which seems unlikely) but I mean I am just trying to consider all the possibilities I am deluding myself.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: steadying people's minds.. [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3011338 - 08/17/04 12:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

basicly: test it more yourself, if you find a pattern and con do it over, then maybe you are onto something :smile: I myself find it random

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3011360 - 08/17/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

*yawn* $20,000 Swami Yellow Light Challenge...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: steadying people's minds.. [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3011389 - 08/17/04 01:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

my guess would be: it is not that you are influcing their thoughts, just tuned into them so much you read thier reactions/mind to see if they will stop and somehow it registers to you what they chose

No, because of two things. First, when it's happening I feel our minds becoming one, meshing like gears, and then whatever decision I make is in 98% of cases followed. As if I myself was the one driving..

And number two, because I have tried this with people who usually always stop for yellow lights, and they will run them.

I have also had people such as those going through and then suddenly slam on the brakes too. This is when I try too far of a "stretch of wills".

In other words, I can't make people do anything they ordinarally would not do, but i can influence "flip of the coin" type decisions quite well.

Quote:

can you continuosly effect people?

I have not yet found other suitable circumstances to test this.

The "stoplight events" are always short duration events obviously. So, I need to come up with some other areas/events for suitable experimentation.

First i think i need to figure out what the fuck is actually going on when this happens...

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: steadying people's minds.. [Re: Swami]
    #3011403 - 08/17/04 01:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
*yawn* $20,000 Swami Yellow Light Challenge...

Since you already know what is going down, you could obviously conciously over-ride it.

of all people, i thought you would realize this...

*yawn*

--------------------

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
    #3011742 - 08/17/04 02:39 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's interesting to me when people claim to have telepathic powers, because I hear it quite a bit considering the fact that I've never once experienced or witnessed any phenomenom of this nature take place ever. I myself have had dreams that have come somewhat true, but I've allways attributed that to just some subconcious level of awareness that I interpret to be "psychic" if I'm correct later. You allways have to take your own awareness into question.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
    #3012602 - 08/17/04 10:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Telepathy :laugh:

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #3012843 - 08/17/04 12:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hi.

When your friend scans his or her rack of cds for music to play, you can try to influence their choice. You should know most of their cds.

Pick one for him in your mind. See what happens. Then report back.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this
    #3013134 - 08/17/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Or try influencing the roll of a dice and record all the results. If there's a significantly higher than 1:6 ratio for the number you chose, then there definitely could be something there. Repeat this and see if your results are consistant, or if it was coincidential luck.

--------------------

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: steadying people's minds.. [Re: deff]
    #3013193 - 08/17/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Is it comparable to rolling a dice? I mean, that would be precognition while lightningfractal was talking of some sort of telepathy.

What if there is only one mind? The human mind. Each human occupies a room in The Mind at Large. On heavy psychedelic journeys the walls seem to melt down, creating shared space or group consciousness.

I hope the 21st century will see a full fusion.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: steadying people's minds.. [Re: dorkus]
    #3013968 - 08/17/04 04:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Not precognition but telekenesis. Knowing what the dice would roll to would be premonition, influencing the outcome of the roll would be some form of telekenesis.

telepathy involves two or more minds. I will try the CD choice experiment, however i doubt success will likely be achieved, because someone's likes and dislikes is more than likely a very powerful force. On the other hand, the choices made at stoplights is a very generic thing, and there is little passion involved in the decision.

Now, getting back to the telekenesis, I have had some limited success with it. I can usually influence an object in motion to remain in motion longer than it ordinarally would, or cause it to slow down and stop sooner than it ordinarally would. This could be perceptual, but I do not think so. Because the desired results are usually achieved, as long as the change which occurs would not be a gross , and easily recognisable change.

As long as I am not changing the ordinary expectations of reality for others in the room, i can manipulate matter to a degree.

In other words, i cannot make basketballs roll uphill, but i can usually make a pool ball that looks like it might not quite make it to the pocket make it after all, and fall in. But just barely.

And short of complex scientific measurement devices to measure speed, friction and the like, this would not be provable. These results are not percievable by casual observers.

--------------------

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #3022334 - 08/19/04 08:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i dont know about this one, at first i just want to dismiss it but i do wonder if our brain takes advantage of/or is affected by the quantum world, there are several theories out now relating to the quantum and conscienceness, and while i dont think any have been proved and some are down right wacky probably i think there may be something to it all. Like how people seem to be able to influence a randomn number generator to generate less then randomn numbers, though i know this experiment has come under alot of fire, at last i heard it still had a lil credibility...who knows now though. but anyways the kind of situation your talking about is exacty where if the quantum effects the mind and/or vise versa that u should be able to see it, because its an instance where the mind is teater tottering back and forth before reaching a descision about what action to perform, that should be the very moment when it is the most vulnerable to quantum fluctuations either generated from the environment or possibly by the conscience thought of another person, since really everything u do, even thinking effects the structure of the universe at that moment, and influences the evolution of that structure from that moment on. Even if the thought itself has no influence the physical processes involved in thought do, however small. but regardless i still believe that u do whatever u must given the circumstances, quantum and otherwise...even the guy who willed u to speed up did that cause at that moment it was the only thing he could do :wink:

Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology