Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno
    #3008498 - 08/16/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: ]
    #3009706 - 08/16/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

bumpity bump! SOOOOOOO???????

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#3009807 - 08/16/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I saw it in the theatre. I had fun, but I have mixed feelings about it. I talked to at least 5 people who were actually up in Vermont, but got turned away....I feel so bad for them.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #3009968 - 08/16/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That is soooooo sad. I haven't heard from my friends yet. I think they are still on their way home.

--------------------

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3010152 - 08/16/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my friends friend had some shitty luck comin back...car stalling a bunch of times, belt went on the car....heres the shittiest part...they parked on the side of the road while their car was stalled, and it got hit by a truck, i'm not sure how bad it looks, but he said that the back of the car is fucked

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3010164 - 08/16/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

From what I understand, they totally oversold it and were very un-prepared for the amount of people and the weather. I'm really glad I got to watch it in the comfort of a movie theatre, with nice seats and flushing toilets. It was a much more up close and personal view, instead of running around in the mud whacked out of my mind and dancing around like a crazyman I was able to see the band up close and really watch them play. The part that really makes me sad was that the second day Trey really looked like he was about to fall over and die. There was one point where he took off his guitar, and couldn't get it back on, he just kinda waved it around and tried to make it look cool (and it did look kinda cool I'll admit). Several times he just stood there rambling rather incoherently and scratching profusely. I'm kinda curious to hear some other people's opinions on it though, because I really wasn't in the clearest state of mind for day two.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3010176 - 08/16/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard the same thing 5 or 6 times now, about Trey, being intoxicated heavily. I thought he sounded funny a few times when I heard them last night but it could of been emotions. I heard Page was making wierd face's at him..

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: Adom]
    #3010192 - 08/16/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Did you see the show? They were all kind of making funny faces, you could see it in their eyes. He had to stop during the final song because he was playing the wrong key. By the end of the last set, I got the impression they were struggling to get through the show and get him off the stage.  :undecided:

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #3010199 - 08/16/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I listened to Ghost and the 3rd set last night. The last song was butchered and he murdered Simple. Something was up, you're impression might not be far off... It was a very wierd ending.

InvisibleLthirdSeyeD
Stranger
Male

#3010216 - 08/16/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Trey was very fucked up and it pissed off everyone in the theater. Everyone was yelling at the screen and making fun of him for being so intoxicated. Like the whole thing about him in a cabian that just showed how fucked up he was. I didn't like the song choices they picked. There was some good songs. BUT THEY DIDN'T FUCKING PLAY FLUFFHEAD!!!!

The first night was amazing but the second night I took shrooms for the first time and ended up becoming very uncomfortable and having to sit outside till I calmed down so I missed much of the music. But looking at the setlist I didn't really miss anything. I wish they did a gamehendge or something they haven't done in awhile. But ohwell Phish is over :frown:

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3010229 - 08/16/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

it happened saturday night too
rumblings about trey's drug problems, etc.
he totally lost "stash" for example on saturday night
seemed to get progressivly worse throughout the sets...
i dunno what the deal was but it made me sad...
any one who has been to the shows since right before the hiatus can tell you about the declining quality, though...
i hope they can all get fresh starts on music now that phish is gone

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3010243 - 08/16/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How was Coventry you ask?... it wasn't.

I was one of th emany of thousands that did not get in even though i had a ticket.

Myself and my girlfriend drove up to get in line on I-91 at about 25 miles away from Exit 26 (the exit we needed to get off on) at about 4am friday morning.

From 4am friday morning til 2pm friday afternoon we moved about 10 miles.

2pm friday til 9am saturday we did not move at all. I was told in that time they were letting cars in at 150 an hour and that th eplace was washed out and the roads in were gone.

The whole time we kept seeing huge trucks driving with timber on them and beeping at out. I was told later they were bringing that in to rebuild the roads. But that didn't work so i heard and they closed the gates friday into saturday, the line didn't move at all. So from 2pm friday the line didn't move one bit until the announcement came saturday morning that those that arne' tin won't get in and the cops will be around to tell you how to get out.

I was 1 mile from Exit 26. When i turned around, the line of cars that stretched for nearly 20 miles behind me was gone and breaking up fast. A lot of people resolved to hike in, but even that didn't guarantee entry as the fields were so muddy they really didn' thave places to put people.

Mike Gordon said on the radio 92.1 FM or whatever it was that they looked at other places, and they were just too muddy too and that they were out of options and they were very sorry and owuld brainstorm a creative way to make it up to those that didn't get in.

THe papers were reporting about 60,000 people were there, but i'm not sure that many really go tin. When i left i heard the number was at 35k, i'm sure a lot more got in, but probably not 60k.

I simply couldn't leave my car and didn't have the means to carry all my stuff 13+ miles and perhaps not get in. Plus the cops were saying we couldn't though some left em anyway, but a lot of those left were even closer than i was so it was probably "more okay"

I resolved to drive into burlington and stay there for a few days. I wore my shroomery shirt around but didn't meet any shroomerites in burlington or in the line of cars. But i did meet a guy with a Bus. He said he was from virgiinia and was in a jam band called Zen.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: neuro]
    #3010338 - 08/16/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:frown: :frown: :frown: I'm so sorry! That is so sad.  I am looking forward to what they are going to do to make up for it though.....wish they'd do one last west coast tour or festival at least.

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3010398 - 08/16/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my cousin was there and called me a few times but he called me 2nd night before they came out for encore and then i heard treys speech and the first few minutes of The Curtain which turned out to be a "The Curtain With". 

I felt a little special since i could hear it live and blah blah blah. 

They are now gone  :sad:

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3010411 - 08/16/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

and i heard trey was doing pretty sloppy especially 3rd set first night...my cousin said he was pretty wasted and was stumbling around and was almost falling over sometimes which isn't good. Trey is stupid for getting so fucked up, im not saying he shouldn't have fun but he totally went down hill and at your final shows if you are getting so fucked up you can't play decent, thats pretty stupid. But i still wish i were there.

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3010452 - 08/16/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so was page like full out crying in wading in a velvet sea? Cause i heard he couldn't get past like the 4th line. I kinda want to see that. I wish i was there. And i guess trey cried a little.

did anyone hear what mike said on "the bunny", i think thats what it was aired on, but i downloaded it and im not used to hearing him talk to much but he sounded sad or something. I wonder what they are doing since they said they are "brainstorming how they could make it up to the fans" and lots of people are praying for another show (which i HIGHLY doubt will happen), but i wonder what they will do if they only refund there money. Cause they said they will refund them but yeah.

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #3010469 - 08/16/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to hear that man. What a bummer.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3010491 - 08/16/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

that really sucks man, i would be SOO pissed off hiking so far and waiting SO long in still traffic and getting turned around. I woulda gone phycho right there and i don't know what i would have done but i probably woulnd't do anything smart...haha, i guess i over exagerated it a bit, but i would do my best to get in, from driving around to other places and walking, other entrances (i dont know how many there were) or even sneaking in, hell if you paid 150 for a ticket (some people paid MULTIPLE hundreds of dollars and got turned around...and they can't get refunded because they are obviously not the orignal buyers.

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HOW WAS COVENTRY" THREAD [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3010496 - 08/16/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

He wasn't like full out sobbing or anything, but there were definate tears and his voice was choking.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3010504 - 08/16/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

okay...i hope they make a dvd out of this...and if they do i would like it to be the WHOLE show unlike the IT dvd which is gonna have bits and pieces.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom