Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Time to cut down for awhile
    #3010437 - 08/16/04 09:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I tend to go through cycles of drug use. I'll start out getting back into it and discovering more about myself and the world. Then it starts to peak for a bit, followed by boredom and being unsatsyfied. I then cut down a bit, focus on other things to give it a little time off. Then, when I return it seems magical again and I go a little bit further.

A good sign is when I feel physically drunk, but not cognitively. Or in the case of psychedelics, the spark is gone. It's almost as if it's intellectually stimulating for only so long.

I'm going to start this next Monday and go for about a month, maybe longer. I'm still going to drink, but only small amounts. Not really enough to get drunk. Hopefully this will save me some money as well.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Time to cut down for awhile [Re: Twirling]
    #3010528 - 08/16/04 09:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I do that too. I shroomed every week or two over the summer and smoked all day but now it's time for a break. School's starting, I need to keep my head straight and then I'll go back to psychadelics. I drink maybe once a week to get to bed, nothing more than 2 or 3 drinks, and I'm going to quit weed for at least 6 months. I figure I'll save at least $300 just on weed by my birthday on November 8th, so I'll treat myself to a new guitar. Or maybe a couple cacti. :smile:

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Time to cut down for awhile [Re: Letto]
    #3010647 - 08/16/04 10:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Nice birthday present to have! What kind of guitar are you interested in?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Time to cut down for awhile [Re: Twirling]
    #3010732 - 08/16/04 10:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Probably a vintage Strat with rosewood fretboard (I don't care if the body is beat up so hopefully I'd find something reasonably priced) then add in Texas Special pickups. I haven't really looked into the prices for used Strats yet, but if it's more than $1300, I might just get a SRV Signature Strat. I don't really want to spend all the extra money just to get a signature guitar, but it has the Texas Special pickups already and I've played it before and it was so sexy.

I figure save $300 from weed, save another $200 while working till November, get $200 from birthday gifts, then take the rest out of my college savings fund. :grin:

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3010734 - 08/16/04 10:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if you smoked weed, drink a lot, or do whatever a lot, and stop, even for just a little while you do save a lot of money...it's nice to have the extra money. It's money you would normally have in your pocket that you don't cause youw anna get stoned, drunk, or whatever.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3010783 - 08/16/04 10:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds awesome. What's next on my list is a Sansamp PSA-1 by Tech 21 ($600, which is $900 more than I can afford. I owe my friend some money). It's a amp simulator which is supposed to sound very close to tube amps when used with a solidstate amp. I'm going to be recording, so I want something for versitility, but can still sound great.

As far as guitars go, you might want to check out Warmoth.com. They sell custom guitar parts and can put one together for you.

I really am looking forward to having more money in my pocket! Drinks at bars are REALLY expensive!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub