Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Misery loves company
    #3010324 - 08/16/04 09:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Have you ever noticed that no one likes a winner? When you are on top of the world and everything is going your way people tend to avoid you more. Of course if you constantly tell everyone how great everything is going that can be annoying, but I'm not talking about those guys.

I'm a happy guy most of the times and i rarely complain about my love life, money or something else. Thats not saying i don't have problems because i do, i just don't vent them in public very often.

I have noticed that when i am not on top of my game and feeling all shitty and depressed people like me much more. In fact the shittier i feel the more people invite me to go out for a beer or a cup of coffee or to chill at their place and smoke a blunt. Don't mistake this for compassion or that they can "sense" my mood and want to help out. Because i know the difference and thats not it.

Maybe people just like to be around guys that have problems like their own or something?

We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Florida
Re: Misery loves company [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #3010374 - 08/16/04 09:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Its the old "like attracts like" story. When a person is feeling bad about their life/loves/etc. it makes them feel better when others are experiencing their pain. Likewise, if there is an individual who is especially upbeat/positive, such a person unwittingly highlights the misery of the person who is feeling poorly about things. If you look at historical figures such as Jesus, it seems that the only reason why he was killed in such a gruesome manner is due to his supremely positive message that flew in the face of the hundreds of rules that ancient judaism required. I have in the past year undergone a dramatic change in my "self" I was no longer content to be negative, pissed off, etc. just because other people were. I am naturally positive (my blood type ironically is B positive), and I decided that I was only going to by my self from that point on. It was shocking to me to see that this actually seemed to incite irritation among people who I had heretofore called friends. I encourage you to maintain your upbeat nature because it will get you through situations that no negative person could. Have you ever done something that you thought impossible? Probably not. In the same logic, you CAN do things that you do believe are possible. Upbeat people tend to accomplish more and good luck follows them because they are putting out positive as opposed to negative energy. But yes you're totally right, misery loves company.

"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology