Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

My first casing = Success
    #3009870 - 08/16/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I had an almost failed attempt with the PF tek cake method, using perlite (only got about 13 medium sized shrooms in total, about 2 grams dried after 2 weeks). So I decided to make a casing for my first time. I followed one of the guides found on this wep page with some slight alterations. My bottom layer was dry vermiculite, which I sterilize in the fruiting container in the microwave and let cool in the fridge.

I then made my casing mixture which consisted of vermiculite, water, and potting soil. I sterilized this in the oven and let cool in the fridge. I then crumbled one cake inside a zip-lock bag and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. I then proceded to spray the verm in the fruiting container with water, placed the crumbled cake on top, then place my casing mix on top of it all. I placed plastic wrap over the container and poked holes for air flow. I placed this in a box and then placed the box in my attic. The attic seemed to work similar to an incubator, as it remained quite warm throughout the summer day and only cooled slightly at night.

Anyways, the pinheads started to appear within a day of being in my terranium. And after only a week I have picked my first mature mushroom (about 4 1/2 inches high with a 1 1/2 inch cap). Many more are growing and will be ready within the next coming week. I am growing creepers here, and it is working quite well.

Only reason I posted this is because I was not sure if soil would work when casing... but in my case (sorry... pun) soil seemed to work just fine.

Thanks for your time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: My first casing = Success [Re: Darcho]
    #3009897 - 08/16/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

congratulations :smirk:

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation