Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away fast
    #3005394 - 08/14/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so i was out in the woods, smoking some herb and i hear someone coming up on me, so i dont want to deal with them so i run into the woods and follow some random trail, so i get lost and suddenly see a clearing, so i pop out into the clearing and there is about 100 plants infront of me. lots of weed, everywhere. all plnated in rows.

then i look to the left and theres the grower running really fucking fast into the underbrush with his camo on.

i yelled out to him that i wasnt the cops, but he kept going.

all of the plants were female and all were flowering.

so now i am in a dificult position. i could take like 2 plants and make a very very very small dent in this guys yeild, clone one of the plants so i would have some kickass genetics and make feminised seeds, and yeild one so that i have somthing to smoke.

normally i wouldnt think of doing anything like this, but dude had wayyy over 100 plants. and i dont think that he would mind. that is IF he ever came back
which if i was in that situation, i would not.

what do you all say?
how wrong would it be if i took 2 plants
and do you think that he would come back.

btw i left him a message that said " peace, i dont want any troubble" so he knew that he would be cool with me.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHoodedForestDwellr
Terrorist/Musician

Loc: North West US
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away fast [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3005423 - 08/14/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Don't steel shit, esp weed man! bad karma will come your way my friend...the message was a good idea for sure. -check back to the crop, and if they're ready to be harvested and no one does, more power to ya!

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

Offlineskunkjar
स्वामी
Male User Gallery

Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: HoodedForestDwellr]
    #3005566 - 08/14/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

For me there is no decision to make, just leave the plants alone.  You aren't the one whose blood, sweat, and sweat went in to growing them.  It is tempting though, eh?

BE GOOD!
BE KIND!

:smirk:

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: skunkjar]
    #3005601 - 08/14/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think it would hurt if you broke off a branching bud and maybe took a few cuttings to root. As long as you grew them into large plants and shared them with a fellow entheusiast. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3005637 - 08/14/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

cant speak for anyone else but if someone took some cuttings from my plants i wouldnt mind. but i think if someone jacked a bigcona or som,thin i woudl be pissed. it would however make me fuckin paranoid and move everything!

have fun, be safe...some people dont care for intrudersm coudl get violent.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #3007954 - 08/16/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Heh, id try and meet the guy and maybe become business partners. Help him double the size of his crop and just sit there smoking all day with him. Thats what id do heh.

Peace

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineMilkyMedia
Lost Soul

#3007988 - 08/16/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I stumbled onto a grow back in July..the plants weren't mature yet but I was in shock and took two of the little ones. Thinking back, I wouldn't have done it again. The guy put alot of work into the grow. I also got raped by fellow Shroomers because of my actions. A few clones wouldn't hurt...or better yet, befriend the guy and you'll have a great hookup and lots of growing knowledge.

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #3008350 - 08/16/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

first, try to meet the guy to ask him and hang out.

if he always runs off, just take a branch for cloning.

he definitely would be more than happy to trade a branch for not busting him.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #3008754 - 08/16/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It sounds like he's growing for  $

Although it is a terrible thing to rip, I doubt he would notice if you took a bud site and cloned it. Not a cola.

Odds are he's right about to be busted anyways. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3009863 - 08/16/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

be very careful and paranoid, watch around, you don't wanna go into trouble because of someone's crop...
meeting the guy could not be a good idea if he's being watched or something...
i would say... plant yours somewhere else.

FH

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: felixhigh]
    #25229273 - 05/26/18 04:52 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
be very careful and paranoid, watch around, you don't wanna go into trouble because of someone's crop...
meeting the guy could not be a good idea if he's being watched or something...
i would say... plant yours somewhere else.

FH

Good advice. I doubt he is looking to make friends w you, no offense. If i was in such a position and someone came around asking questions and wanting to make deals, id be super skeptical. Weed growers are already pretty skeptical in prohibition scenarios anyway, but a situation like this... Idk. Even the clone question would possibly freak him out. He just acknowledged his involvement in the cultivation of a schedule one and presented you w evidence of such an operation. He openly admitted his guilt by even agreeing to speak w you on this. If the plants are very large, branching nicely and there is indeed more than a hundred. Two clippings is not that big of a deal. Two plants dug up by the roots and removed is not the same. That is very inconsiderate and down right fucked up. But as others have mentioned, if and when he returns, hell likely be so happy his plants are still there that he wouldnt likely notice or even care that much. I find myself taking clippings from Various places, but a few of my main rules of thumb 'Are there enough plants to justify taking a clone? Can i take a clone where it isnt the apex or any significant portion relative to the yielding capabilities of this specimen? If it were myself in the growers position, how would i feel about this? (Given the health and size of the grow)'. 100 plants w two lower branches removed from one of them likely wouldnt affect amything at all. They may even die off as the stem grows fatter and the canopy climbs higher and higher. I have never grown outdoor but in the states its my understanding that harvest comes late fall/early winter. That is a massive chunk of time and those plants, assuming they make it that long, will tower what they are now. Those two little branches wont be shit in the grand sceme of things. Just make sure the plants can still do what theyre there to do and maybe leave him a pack of pApers in a ziplock or something saying your sorry for scaring him and to keep fighting the good fight.

Follow your heart and youll make the right decision. Just dont get greedy and always have the perspective of the other half and how your decisions may potentially affect them.

:peace::heart::potleaf:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Edited by Lipa Kreepa (05/26/18 04:58 AM)

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #25229346 - 05/26/18 06:23 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I be scared of getting shot. Plus, thieves suck dirty diarrhea asshole. Do your own work and make a guerilla grow of your own.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: El Torcho]
    #25229572 - 05/26/18 09:00 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I might take a cutting if I had no other option. But you can buy seeds online if you want genetics. Atleast in the US. If you live in an area that is very strict about marijuana I would not go back there period. You don't want to go back to take a cutting only to have the police jump out of the woods and you get charged with 100 plants. Because let's face it if you just stumbled upon 100 plants someone else is bound to. And that could be someone who doesn't think it's ok.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: Crispy224]
    #25230280 - 05/26/18 05:00 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Nobody noticed its a 13 year old thread?
I dont think he will reply, Lipa :lol:

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: Mateo]
    #25230320 - 05/26/18 05:19 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mateo said:

I wasnt gonnna say anything but let this run its course. First thing i noticed was the age of the thread :smirk:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: ferrel_human]
    #25230454 - 05/26/18 06:46 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Didnt even look :lol: hopefully he was wise going back... if at all. I mightve grabbed a clone if i didnt have access to seeds like we all do nowadays. Ten plus years ago, i wouldve maybe taken a clone or two... if it was indeed 100+  Plants and they were mature enough to handle it... but likely not even. I once found a six plus foot weed plant growing in the middle of a very busy street in an old neighborhood i lived. It was growing deep in the canals that line the many new orleans streets. So it was a little low and out of sight-ish. I remember harvesting a few leaves for smoking from the lower branches But otherwise i left it alone. I went and checked on it here and there on my walks to buy cigarettes. The plant was so dense and thick, the leaves i took made absolutely no difference to the health or potential for it and the grower. It was one of the first weed plants i had ever seen, i was young. These were the full prohibition, Marc Emery days. Then one day it was gone w a big hole in the ground :thumbsdown: just started to show flowers too :facepalm: but given how busy that street was... it wasnt going to last that long when those terpenes start to get busy. Everyone would be sniffing like a blood hound. Zinging around looking like a bunch of crack smoking zombies.... 'where!? Where is that smell coming from?'

--------------------

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25230729 - 05/26/18 09:37 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Lol I only looked at the date on the most recent post :smile:

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away fast [Re: Crispy224]
    #25230922 - 05/27/18 12:43 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah for reals... it doesnt happen too often that smone would ressurect an ancient post and throw everyone off for a minute, but i rarely see it happening when it does. Again, hopefully camo man and our aspiring young clone seeker made out safely from said situation. Both of their lives could very easily be ruined in the most unfavorable of conditions.

Hopefully... the plants all harvested plants up nicely as planned, it wS clean skunk and everyone who smoked it was satisfyed and if dude took clones it was only that one time and didnt (as Torch warned) get shot, and hopefully no additional parties became involved. It is a serious shame that something as benign and potentially healing as cannabis plants being used as a weapon or excuse to hurt people. The kids nowadays are lucky to be living in the times they are... well, luckier, its still far from perfect and pot is def still being used as an excuse to hurt ppl. But the days of canna prohibition are coming to a close, at least in the states. Back then, in the Emery days, i saw a little freedom spit out here and there... yet i had no hope we would be in the position we are today... it seems like yes its still slow, but on some level its happening rather quickly. Quicker than i thought it would. But again, not quick enough :grrr:

--------------------

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: Mateo]
    #25231256 - 05/27/18 06:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mateo said:

Maybe he got shot trying to steal the plants?

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: found a grow today, 100+ plants + a grower running away [Re: El Torcho]
    #25231265 - 05/27/18 06:37 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Something like this almost happened to me.
Was walking a trail in the woods, snapping shots of species I didn't recognize with my camera when this hispanic dude started following me.
I walked up about 100ft before coming to this other hispanic dude who then started following me as the first guy backed off.
Went about another 100ft before reaching this old white guy in the woods and the second hispanic guy turned around and left.

I stopped in a little clearing, and could smell a faint whiff of terpenes when the old man approached me and asked "Nice day, isn't it?"
I don't even remember what I said, but I quickly turned around and left.
I got bad vibes from all three of the guys, and the first guy that saw me kept an eye on me till I left the park.

It wasn't even far up the trail, but I think it wasn't a designated trail, they probably made it themselves.
Still pretty stupid on their part to not have it more hidden.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds