Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedanma
remove casing from fruiting chamber?
    #3008421 - 08/16/04 11:15 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have kept a casing in my fruiting chamber (which uses a vicks cool mist) and it is starting to pin. I just read how it is perhaps too humid using both the humidifier along with the damp vermiculite in the casing. I am thinking it would be wise to keep the casing in the chamber half the time, and out the other half. I say this because its starting to pin quite nicely and evenly, so I dont think its way too humid for it, but I want to be safe. Sound reasonable? Also, when I do take it out, do I just keep it in the open air? I dont think I can cover it over with plastic wrap because the shrooms will soon be too tall and poking at the lid.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRobbyrob
Cubensis seeker

Loc: Earth
Re: remove casing from fruiting chamber? [Re: danma]
    #3008442 - 08/16/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well the only thing there is the chance of contamination? You could try just to lower the humidity in the chamber. do you have a reading for your humidity in there?

Offlinedanma
Re: remove casing from fruiting chamber? [Re: Robbyrob]
    #3008531 - 08/16/04 12:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I dont have a reading in there, but I am guessing the humidity is pretty freakin high. The walls are consistently misted heavily (not by me with a mister, the humidifier keeps the walls consistently wet.) All the cakes, and the casing cakes,were also dunked for a good 20 hours before birth too.

The casing is the result of a screw up. 4 PF cakes dried out a bit too much while I was away, so I redunked and cased them, just in some tupperware and with verm. I have 12 other cakes sitting in the fruitng chamber doing fine, so I'd rather keep the humidity high and take care of those than to favor this casing.

Can I just put it out in open air as long as I patch the open spots of Myc on the casing with some verm to prevent contams?

Thanks for the help everyone. I imagine simple first timer questions get annoying after awhile, but once you see tiny one inch shrooms growing, its becomes imperative in your head: "Do NOT fuck it up at this point!"

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3008632 - 08/16/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I always hear this stuff and laugh. I never lower the humidity for casings lower then 95% no matter what stage they are at.
Malabar Hawaiian South American

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3008744 - 08/16/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Leave it in there :wink: actually coolmists provide more fresh air than RH so the perlite helps keep the humidity closer to 92+% which is what you want! I've seen coolmists actually lower the RH when running 24/7 but when combined with misting or a fogger all that FAE (fresh air exchange) makes for some kickass flushes!!! Tip: you will want that casing at "near saturation" prior to pinning this allows the pins the moisture needed to pin prolifically without a need to mist during the pinsetting stage. GL Gotta love them Haw's! :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation