Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Creativity
    #3008148 - 08/16/04 06:14 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was just wondering something. Some people seem to be naturally creative. Would it be possible to take someone who wasn't very creative, and somehow make it so that they were? Do creative people just think differently and have different thought patterns? Or is it like being born with a 6th finger that it's something you can only be born with ya know?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Creativity [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3008150 - 08/16/04 06:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Just think outside the box :smile:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Creativity [Re: daba]
    #3008155 - 08/16/04 06:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think that's the same.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
    #3008281 - 08/16/04 09:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

this is basically the nature Vs. nurture debate. and i drastically lean towards the idea that the environment makes the individual (with a tinge of genetic pre-disposition). I think that creative people were simply in the right place at the right time, exposed to the right experiences to unleash the creative beast thats inside us all.

But just because someones not creative, doesnt mean that cant become creative. It just might be harder to develop the creative skills until it becomes second nature.

If you're wanting to be creative, I don't think its that much harder than "think outside the box"... but you cant just live life and when you want to be creative, TRY to think outside the box. You have to live with your mind outside of the box... Some people think some things i say and think are wack... more or less.

Heres something to try... for two weeks, every half hour, whatever your doing or thinking, start a thought of "what if..." pertaining to what youre doing or thinking, and blurt of the first thing, and most outlandish unthinkable idea you can come up with... like say.... you're going to the post-office to send a package of drugs to your mother... and you think "what iffffff................ the post office uniform was being naked with a greenbay cheesehead hat... then this, then that." (sorry, its the first thing I thought of) hahaha thatd be cool. id apply tomarrow.

but after 2 weeks of trying this, apply it to whatever youre want to be creative at... if its drawing, think... "what if..... I put this shit here, then this here, then that there".... or if its music, think... "what if..... I played this instead of doing that like earlier, then this would be a cool follow up, then that would be cool to put at the beginning to forshadow that." usually one creative idea spirals into a long and winding road of ideas.

but remember, like with learning to draw or learning an instrument, what it really takes is familiarity.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: Creativity [Re: plexus]
    #3009192 - 08/16/04 03:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I thought that I wasn't a very creative person before I began to meditate and practice energy manipulation. The insight that I recieved through my personal revelations was that we are inately creative. Look at nature. All of life is confronted with a problem, the infinite examples of life are embodiments of creativity at work, the solution to the problem. We humans are separate from the rest of the animal kingdom because of our analytical nature, we like to pick things apart and sometimes that causes us to lose sight of the big picture. If you want to cultivate creativity in your life, start by being honest with yourself. The more you can align yourself with your true intentions, feelings, thoughts, the more you tap into your natural intuitive self, the source of creativity. Allow yourself to be open to spontaneity. Sometimes inspiration strikes and instead of talking yourself out of drawing or picking up a musical instrument because you think "you are not good at it" go with it, you will be suprised at what you can create when you let go and let yourself 'be'. I argue that you do not even have to be "familiar" with the creative outlet, because we all have to start somewhere. Jimi Hendrix was self taught, but he was so f'n good because he was totally himself while he played. He wasn't amazing at first though. Have faith in yourself, and believe that you (the real you) is creative. If you are religious at all, you can look at god's role in "creation" is he not after all is said and done a creative force? And if you are truly made in the image and likeness of him are you not a co-creator as well?

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
    #3009795 - 08/16/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

creativity is realitive........even the most retarded (intellectualy challenged to be p.c.) person is creative in their own way. I personally don't find the art of Picasso to be all that brilliant(perhaps psychotic)......yet i love the Music of Wolfgang Amamdeus Mozart........In the same light i think Britney Spears in a fraud! yet she is considered creative by many......Yet I believe your querry has to do with baking talent.......a different kinda cake.

peace

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: Creativity [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #3010406 - 08/16/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

On a side note, I recently watched a discovery channel program about the nature of the human brain. While they can correlate certain areas of the brain with body control, impulse control, memory, locomotion, etc, there is NO area in the brain that seems to be related to imagination or creative thought. This seems to me to be more evidence that a portion of who we are exists outside of our "bodies". This coincides with my own personal belief that our "spirit" "soul" whatever is this creative force. This is our godly creative aspect that can be applied to all aspects of our life if we choose to open ourselves up to it. I have done it for myself, and it has been a supremely satisfying endeavor to see that I actually do posses inate knoweledge/creativity which was not learned or practiced. I am at my parents house at the moment, but I can scan some drawings that I have done with no prior practice no prior experienc etc. which are very interesting and even suprising to myself. I can scan them if you wish, but my intent is really to show you that YOU are capable of the same thing. If you weren't, then I would also be unable to do such things. Yes it flies in the face of "logic" and "reason", but so does love, imagination, dreams, and they too are a intrinsic part of our selves.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3011910 - 08/17/04 03:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

some people are born naturally with tails, too

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology