Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God
FAQ 33. What can meditation do for me while tripping?
    #3007287 - 08/16/04 12:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

33. What can meditation do for me while tripping?

Well?

First, a good definition of meditation would be nice. Then a simple explination as to why it can be a tripping and life tool.

Sample meditations and personal experiences will help a lot too.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: Rose]
    #3007528 - 08/16/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Meditation is the release of your awareness, of daily life, to the inner peace of self.

If you want to enjoy the finer points of shrommin and meditation
than you would be first bettered by getting some books about meditations and self awareness. It is far to big a subject to cover in a thread.

But a man's combo high can go like this.......

Don't eat any food for 8 hours before you eat shrooms. Find the most quite spot you can find. You don't want to be bothered for at least 8 hours. If you can find someplace outdoors that would be ok but, Indoors and very quite would be best.

Now spend 1 hour being silent and still.
Eat shrooms 3 grams not a huge amount
Focus your thoughts on things of nature you enjoy
When thoughts outside the relm of peace enter you brain then,
Focus on things of nature again and again
When you start getting real high
Lay down and close your eyes.
The most important thing is this.......

Do not allow the buzz to make you laugh or cry.Not to spark any sudden reactions
Discipline the mind.
Be still and calm

You will expereince shrooms in a very different way

But you must make the choice to be serious or you will just find the same Buzz.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3007594 - 08/16/04 02:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

check SP forum, its a goldmine for that kind of thing :thumbup:

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: bandaid]
    #3007829 - 08/16/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I'm there alot thanks but, this guy asked here.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3007850 - 08/16/04 03:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It simply has to do with tripping, sure there is another forum that contains this subject for the forum, but for the FAQ, meditation should be covered as well, since it is trip related... and because meditation is a very helpful tool for most who try it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3007956 - 08/16/04 03:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

just sit up and pay attention to your breathing if you have yet to research specific meditations.

Try it for about 20 minutes or so every day.

just breathe and be. hold your wandering mind at bay :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God
Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3007966 - 08/16/04 03:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Another simple meditation is finding a quiet place, and listening to all the sounds you hear... focus on the sounds and nothing else... do this for 15-20 minutes a day.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3007973 - 08/16/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yes that is just as healthy :laugh:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3007974 - 08/16/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Meditation is a spiritual-high in itself, without the use of psychedelics. When used properly, through meditation you can simply send yourself back to the sample state of mind that you opened your mind to through any psychedelic.

Meditation while tripping can represent complete loss of the ego, and lets you reach out to the heavens, and enter the new realm of things. Through meditation and Salvia, the goddess speaks. The answers come when you are centered through psychedelics.

Dose low, and do not eat heavy foods. It is a nice experience when you are clarified in all ways. through mind (meditation), body (diet and nutrition), soul (allowing yourself to experience...)

There are many different breatheing exercises. Where you focus on a single number, one, and count this to yourself simply over and over to lose ability of number pattern, pattern in general. Through meditation and psychedelics, it allows the pattern to dissolve (if you are willing to let it happen, when you are ready)

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3007991 - 08/16/04 04:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Very well said... and it reminds me of another meditation... a bit more complicated.

Count your breaths. Each complete inhalation and exhalation is one number... so for one inhale/exhale, you think of nothing but the number 1. Then you think 2 for the next inhale/exhale... continue until you reach 10.

BUT

Every time you think about anything other than the number, you must start over at one. Reaching 10 takes great focus.

It is very hard to get to 10 and some people get frustrated while practicing this meditation... and the more frustrated you get, the more you think and, the more you think the more you must start over.

This meditation is a very good tool. It helps you learn how you think and how to focus your thoughts. It is like juggling, you will fuck up a lot and you will have to start over... a lot... but it is a very helpful meditation... especially once you figure out how to keep from getting frustrated every time you must start over.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Love is like a train...
Female

#3008064 - 08/16/04 04:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, and when you figure out how to defeat your own personal mental demeanor, the world is such a more appreciated place :smile:.

EGO LOSS EGO LOSS EGO LOSS!!!!!!!!!!LOSS OF EGO LOSSEGO OF MATERIAL!!!!!!!! REPETITION, PATTERN, ADDICTION!

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3008133 - 08/16/04 05:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

some time ago, i rolled with some of my good friends
at the beach house, and we had a blast.
about 5am-ish, i convinced everyone to go down
to the beach to watch the sunrise..
(after about an hour of coaxing of course :lol: )
so we all went..took alot of pix, then they were like
'omg its soo cold..time to go back home' :smirk:
so i was like
'im having a great fuckin time...im gonna stay'
so i stayed by myself, rolling, on the beach.
i sat there & and i dont know how i came into it,
but i found myself meditating...focusing on my heart,
body, mind, soul..just repeating those things in my head
was sooo fucking enlightening...i was able to tune out all my stresses in life...money...werk...bills...women.. 
none of that really mattered at all. since then i have been really great. life is going well..

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#3008304 - 08/16/04 09:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Yeah, I'm there alot thanks but, this guy asked here.

Im just saying the SP forum is great for this stuff even if ppl dont directly assosciate meditation with tripping you can easily apply it to your tripping experiences.

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: bandaid]
    #3008898 - 08/16/04 02:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Does meditating while tripping cause you to hallucinate more? One time I was at a friends sitting on the couch almost coming down from 3.5g's and I didnt really try to meditate but I felt as if I was I was just sitting still listening to nothing. I closed my eyes and all of a sudden a big mushroom cloud explosion from the james bond movie I was watching earlier (in theatres) appeared in my vision, this was followed by a country road with a stop sign, and than a dark figure sitting in a chair in a real dark room, these 3 images and maybe 1-2 more flashed through my head as if it were a slideshow all images lasting for about just as long as the last and than changing. This was followed by a Egypt (sp) type maze which I literally walked through for about 5 minutes.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: sHrOoMeRrR420]
    #3009080 - 08/16/04 03:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That wasnt from meditation, that was definitely from your karmatic past lives, dejavu. Oneness within all realms and dimensions.

Haha, you know?

-Ares

--------------------

Offlineshamanality
    #3009726 - 08/16/04 05:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey all, great topic.

my first mental prjoction, meditation experience also cam form MDMA. i had just finished reading 'the finding of the third eye' by vera stanely alders, and was remembering segments that spoke of breath per minute meditation technique. she stated that one breath per minute dramaticly reduces heart rate and alters brainwaves.

after about 10 minutes of concentrated breathing, i began reducing breaths per minute. i actually hit 1 bpm and was floored by the results, i became so lucid that i found myself haveing full intelligent converstations with people from my life ranging from best friends, to parents, even to stangers i have only met eyes with.

after this experience, while under the infliuence of entheogens, and mdma i feel a call to meditate, or concentrate the mind and it always leads somewhere very interesting.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: shamanality]
    #3011368 - 08/17/04 01:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mmmmmmmmm, yes.  MDMA.

We share a very intimite relationship.

Great for all occasions.  :thumbup:

I LOVE MDMA! - and other enlightening psychedelics.

Yummy...

:heart: :heart: :heart:
:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:
:grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: 9. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3011424 - 08/17/04 01:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sup love? i miss you!!!

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 33. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: Rose]
    #4181349 - 05/16/05 07:33 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Here's the answer so far. Please keep adding to the Tripper's FAQ.

33. What can meditation do for me while tripping?

by Shroomism

Meditation allows you to silence the 'inner noise', and focus your concentration. It teaches mental discipline and helps to center/balance your internal thoughts and energies.

If you are ever freaking out, having bad thought pattern loops, or just want something to do or tune up your mental awareness.. meditation can help. Even if you don't think you need it.. it is always relaxing and grounding.

Simply get yourself in a comfortable position and focus on breathing (through your nose) deeply, slowly and evenly. Focus on your breathing.. steady, even, slow and deep.. Take your time and fill your lungs entirely, release naturally, pause, repeat.

All you need to do is focus on your breathing. If you want or need a visual aid to concentrate on, use a lit candle. Concentrate on the flame.

Try to keep your mind free from distractions. Do not evade unwanted thoughts but do not engage them either. Let things come naturally.. do not force anything.. become a passive observer.. simply observing the thoughts in your head as if they are clouds passing by in the sky. Keep concentrating on your breathing. Relax. Feel your mind becoming clear and sharp. Go as deep as you like, for as long as you like.

By Fucknuckle:

Meditation is the release of your awareness, of daily life, to the inner peace of self.

If you want to enjoy the finer points of shrommin and meditation
than you would be first bettered by getting some books about meditations and self awareness. It is far to big a subject to cover in a thread.

But a man's combo high can go like this.......

Don't eat any food for 8 hours before you eat shrooms. Find the most quite spot you can find. You don't want to be bothered for at least 8 hours. If you can find someplace outdoors that would be ok but, Indoors and very quite would be best.

Now spend 1 hour being silent and still.
Eat shrooms 3 grams not a huge amount
Focus your thoughts on things of nature you enjoy
When thoughts outside the relm of peace enter you brain then,
Focus on things of nature again and again
When you start getting real high
Lay down and close your eyes.
The most important thing is this.......

Do not allow the buzz to make you laugh or cry.Not to spark any sudden reactions
Discipline the mind.
Be still and calm

You will expereince shrooms in a very different way

But you must make the choice to be serious or you will just find the same Buzz.

Meditation #1: From Strumpling

just sit up and pay attention to your breathing if you have yet to research specific meditations.

Try it for about 20 minutes or so every day.

just breathe and be. hold your wandering mind at bay

Meditation #2: Posted by Cervantes

Another simple meditation is finding a quiet place, and listening to all the sounds you hear... focus on the sounds and nothing else... do this for 15-20 minutes a day.

Meditation #3: Posted by Cervantes

Count your breaths. Each complete inhalation and exhalation is one number... so for one inhale/exhale, you think of nothing but the number 1. Then you think 2 for the next inhale/exhale... continue until you reach 10.

BUT

Every time you think about anything other than the number, you must start over at one. Reaching 10 takes great focus.

It is very hard to get to 10 and some people get frustrated while practicing this meditation... and the more frustrated you get, the more you think and, the more you think the more you must start over.

This meditation is a very good tool. It helps you learn how you think and how to focus your thoughts. It is like juggling, you will fuck up a lot and you will have to start over... a lot... but it is a very helpful meditation... especially once you figure out how to keep from getting frustrated every time you must start over.

Meditation #4: Posted by benna

Try to stop all thoughts from comming into your mind for a time. When you realize this is impossible just try to watch your thoughts as if you were watching clouds go by. Then watch youself watching your thoughts go by. Then watch yourself watching yourself, etc.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: FAQ 33. What can meditation do for me while tripping? [Re: Rose]
    #4185385 - 05/17/05 05:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think meditation while tripping is where meditation and tripping can fully show there potential, and doing them together only will further how deep you go. I think everyone should intigrate it into there tripping, in one way or another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience