Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
active coleus?
    #3003172 - 08/14/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i have been searching and continue to but doesnt seem to be much info at all about it. it seems to be all the same info recycled and reworded. So does anyone know what the active chems, if any, are in them? the closest iv come to is its salvia like and the natives regard them to be very similar (coleus male, salvia female...hence lady salvia) but that is far from proof. i dont think it would be salvanorin a, the small small "high" i got from it was not much in common with salvia, but did have a familiar feel.

anyway what is know about this plant? i currently have Coleus pumas, and am sorta experimenting with it now and then. it sure clogs the fuck outa pipes, very very resiny.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: active coleus? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3003540 - 08/14/04 03:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I thought Coleus Blumeii is what you want ut there's little good information to find about it. probably not worth it but maybe someone here has more info on it

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3003864 - 08/14/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Coleus blumei I believe is the active species, although maybe others are as well. I have tried smoking blumei with absolutely no effect, but I've heard a tea made with fresh leaves is the best way to go. I actually have some made from 40-50 leaves waiting to try me out soon :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: active coleus? [Re: deff]
    #3003966 - 08/14/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

all the people that claim it worked say it has to be fresh in order to work...
it never worked for me.
it is funny how the water washes the colours off... =D
(and we drink it)

FH

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: active coleus? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3004024 - 08/14/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I was surprised at how red the tea became, it smells a little funky too. I'm not expecting much, but who knows... maybe coleus will become my new best friend :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFunkey
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Europe
    #3004264 - 08/14/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't want to discourage experimenting with this plant but 5 years ago a friend and I made tea from a half bucked of freshly harvested Coleus Blumei leaves. When it was ready I only tasted some and didn't want to drink it anymore. My friend drank all of the remaining tea (allmost 2 litres or a half gallon!!!) spread over the whole evening. He felt nothing but a very slight drowsiness that could easely have been placebo.

--------------------
SING WHILE YOU MAY...

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3004474 - 08/14/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do a search at www.erowid.com there you will find all the info you will need.

My experiments with this plant left me wanting shrooms

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: active coleus? [Re: Funkey]
    #3004581 - 08/14/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it tastes really bitter.

FH

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: active coleus? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3004585 - 08/14/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There are tons of reports and literature about them being psychoactive. I am assuming that it may be regional and that the ones in the nurseries today are hybridized and inactive. Maybe you should travel down to oaxaca and talk to some of the natives about it and see if they know anything regarding its activity :smile:

Road trip anyone?

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: active coleus? [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3004591 - 08/14/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

in all seriousness

a trip to the oaxaca region has been a dream for years

i would be willing to go somtime in the next 12 months

want to orginaize somin??

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3004598 - 08/14/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ohh if only i had teh money to drive that far....have wanted to for ages. anyway i searched erowid and there was little info, just experiences. i was looking for any active's that anyone knew about but i guess its still unkown.

just fo rthe hell of it im doing an alcohol extract (same as i would hash). hasnt evap'd yet but is bright green, like absinthe. after a while of evap it is starting to go a dark goldy brown colour. anyway ill try, nothign to loose.

my plants are still small (my constant picking probably doesnt help), so next season ima get the bitches big and try teas and maybe try a salvia type extract. should at least learn somthing.

and by the way twice i have had a very short and mild effect from dried leaves. they were both with pot so i cant say for sure. anyway both times i had a sudden "rush" or pressure in my head, in a very odd but pleasant way. lasted maybe a minute tops and then felt lightly stoned (from the weed). i would try it more if it didnt clog my pipes every time i use it. ill try tonight and let ya know if anything (no weed this time).

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: active coleus? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3004599 - 08/14/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

meet you guys there, i come from the south. LOL...
wish i could...
your point is very strong alk...

FH

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: active coleus? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3004605 - 08/14/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

as has it been mine. I actually met a Mazatec Indian who is a grower of salvia divinorum and he shared many stories with me , about the shamans and the culture there and with all the literature I have read on the place it sounds amazing.. Supposebly after wasson's mushroom experience was printed in TIME magazine, and before terrence and his brother published there Psilocybe mushroom growers guide , everyone thought that the only way to get psilocybes was to visit their natural environment in oaxaca.. This led to a lot of tourism down south by hippies and supposebly this angered a lot of the natives there because it turned into a matter of profiting from something very sacred. nonetheless i still think it would be excellent to visit. I would be down for a visit. Maybe if we contacted a travel agent and got enough people we could get a good discount on some plane tickets or something and head on down there... If others are interested and wish to do a specific study we could easily organise something , I know people in oaxaca so I will see what info we need.. Also, maybe I'll head to barnes and noble's and get a book on the culture to find out some relavent information..

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3004607 - 08/14/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hell, If we went and documented our findings, and had particular goals in mind we could easily publish what we discovered.. Phytopharmacologically active plants native to the oaxaca region in mexico. We could all write about our experience and publish what we find out from the natives about the folk lore of particular plants, and hell maybe even find the next big entheogen. :smile:

"just fo rthe hell of it im doing an alcohol extract (same as i would hash). hasnt evap'd yet but is bright green, like absinthe. after a while of evap it is starting to go a dark goldy brown colour. anyway ill try, nothign to loose. "

Was this with dried material? Maybe you could use the salvinorin extraction method to get the goodies out of ths plant. Has there been any terpenes found in coleus?

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3004616 - 08/14/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"and by the way twice i have had a very short and mild effect from dried leaves. they were both with pot so i cant say for sure. anyway both times i had a sudden "rush" or pressure in my head, in a very odd but pleasant way. lasted maybe a minute tops and then felt lightly stoned (from the weed). i would try it more if it didnt clog my pipes every time i use it. ill try tonight and let ya know if anything (no weed this time). "

When experimenting with entheogens like this I recommend not using in conjunction with marijuana or other substances as this may contribute to the confusion of its activity. I know tons of people who have got high from smoking Dragons blood (what they thought was opium) simply because they mixed with pot.

I'm glad you are researching though. If these are store bought plants make sure that they are not treated with any chemicals or pesticides.. Also, make sure they are not the fancy hybrid varieties with tons of different colors and serrated leafs. I dont know the particular species/subspecies that is but i'm certain they are not active in anyway.

The effects you report sound very much like salvia, have you ever had salvia before? I would like to see some salvia niave individuals try it and see what they report. If they report a similiar experience I would be impressed as those who have had salvia, and know that coleus is thought to have similiar effects, may have predetermined what effects to look for and sort of con themselves into believing they experiencing effects Ala Placebo..

Thank you for contributing informaiton and research to this plant.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3004660 - 08/14/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i try and make the point that i had weed too.  it was actually cause i was stoned that i tried it.  but now im going to do it sober and clear headed.  i will be doing it in an environment wher ei am totally comfortable and am able to think crystal clear, so hopefully placebo will be easy to detect if any.

"Was this with dried material? Maybe you could use the salvinorin extraction method to get the goodies out of ths plant. Has there been any terpenes found in coleus? "

i used fresh leaves for the alcohol extraction last night, should be evapd and ready around 6ish (4 hours).  i dont have enough plant material to do many different types, which is good as i cannot do them very close together (i would if i could probably...).

I will do the salvia extracion next year unfortunatly, i wont have enough fresh goods to do it this year i dont think.  but we will see, it looks like it may be a long ass season this year.  plus i cant find many of those chems that were mentioned in the extract by divinorum, i would love to try that oen with it...could be dangerous so much more planning would be a must.  interesting how it was said that the salvinorin is on the outside of the leaf.  if it is only good fresh maybe that has something to do with it, and possibly can dried in a way to prevent whatever might happen.  wish i was smart enough to understand chemistry, facinating shit.

"The effects you report sound very much like salvia, have you ever had salvia before? I would like to see some salvia niave individuals try it and see what they report. If they report a similiar experience I would be impressed as those who have had salvia, and know that coleus is thought to have similiar effects, may have predetermined what effects to look for and sort of con themselves into believing they experiencing effects Ala Placebo.."

yes i have done salvia, never triped to the heavens like lots do, but knwo the fealings it provides at lower levels quite well.  it was similar but certainly not the same.  was very different, but in comparison with other drugs quite similar.  hope that made sense.

as fo rhte trip, im definatly down but definatly not this year.  have a lot going on and am broke.  next spring/summer is best travellign time for me.  then i have money and time :smile:  if anything ever comes of this let me know, mods can probably get a hold of my e-mail.  warning though, i am a nature nut so plants are not the only things i'll be going for. :smile:  and i speak english, unfortunatly that is it...hope your a good translator  :crazy:

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3004668 - 08/14/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ps. if anyone has any seeds let me know. i am interested in starting a little patch next season. it is a beautifull plant.

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3004673 - 08/14/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The trip would be something that should be well organized and would take at least 10-12 months to set up. I would come up with some sort of structure needed to take notes and document our findings so that we could get it published. I know a publisher who would do this for us.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3005204 - 08/14/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that would be more than an experience of a life time! let me know if anything comes up, me really interested!!!

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3005645 - 08/14/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm this is weird. the alcohol is taken a really long long time to evaporate. i started it around midnightish i think and its no 830 pm...normally with hash its all done (if the same amount) and dried within the hour, this has taken 20 hours already and has gone down mybe 1/3...quite strange. its in a well ventilated place has been high 70's-low80's whole time, in fact i took it outin the sun for a bit and still nothing. it has gone a light brown now. im putting it on a heat pad and am gonna add a lamp to it so i can try it out tonight. ill let ya know what happens, not expecting much but we shall see.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds