Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
horse poo mushrooms
    #3003869 - 08/14/04 11:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i know this is probably a dumb question but dosent usally active mushrooms grow directly from poo? i dont know if its just active mushrooms that thrive from poo or what...  i found a orange little fellow growing directly from the bottom of a horse turd on top of a orange leaf with mycelium all over it and underneath in the leaves/soil..im not gonna eat i just wanna know if you guys recommend cultivating it..
i transported the whole chunk of soil underneath it with  the turd.. (about 5 inches deep.) into my pmp terrarium because it "looked" active.. i sprinkled the turd with vermiculite and put some of the turds with mycelium growing on it next to it... do you think this is a good thing? there were also a whole bunch of active shrooms growing out of another pile of horse poo, well the reason i say that is cuz they were purple/blue but no telling yet... im going to wait till they're bigger to try and transport them but i went out there and misted them good cus they get a lil sunlight.. i wonder if the sunlight will kill them??..any good methods using horse poo that could be of some use... i have a shit load of horse poo..  :thanx:

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: horse poo mushrooms [Re: sillysimon]
    #3003874 - 08/14/04 11:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

should i try to salvage the tiny mushrooms to grow them or are the ok being in direct sunlight?

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3004126 - 08/14/04 01:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i went out and checked the horse poo with the tiny little sporuts an hour after i posted this and they were completely gone.. the direct heat and sunlight shriveled these little babies up, i think it will try to flush again, i wonder if i put it in a fruiting chamber if it will help it without all the sun and heat? should i go ahead and use this poo since its got spores all over it?

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3004277 - 08/14/04 02:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

find shade

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: horse poo mushrooms [Re: KaptKid]
    #3004476 - 08/14/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: horse poo mushrooms [Re: OuchITripped]
    #3004490 - 08/14/04 03:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

roadkills tek will probably work tho I use a diff method...poo is most definitely the best substrate.....its what they grow on in nature....and horse has such a great texture the mycelium can get through it so easy and fast

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation