Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMiRrOr
Zeta Reticulan
Male
Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
couple of ?'s about ground mushies, tea/iced tea....
    #3003070 - 08/14/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ok i have planned 2.8 grams....ive already VERY VERY FINELY ground up 1 gram of a bit weaker batch, and 1.8 grams of very potent batch and mixed them together....like i said, they are very ground up...question 1 is, does mixing 2 types of shrooms work nicely?

question 2 is: i want to ingest them in tea/some sort of liquid whether hot or cold...i remember one person saying they emptied half a bottle of snapple, threw the ground up mushies in, shook and drank....does this actually work effecivley/taste good??

and if i didnt choose this method and went with regular herbal tea or sumthing....how do i go about doing it.....can i put the ground up mushies in the coffee machine, put them in the filter, and run water thru the coffee machine?? do i just boil water and dunk the shrooms in??

please give me advice before monday
thanks!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: couple of ?'s about ground mushies, tea/iced tea.... [Re: MiRrOr]
    #3003236 - 08/14/04 03:14 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What people do normally to make tea is boil actually mushrooms, not ground up stuff, my advice is if it's ground up, get some Gelcaps, and gelcap them and take them, if you don't want to taste it, I'm sure if you put the powder into a drink and drank it, it would work... seeing as how I don't think there are chemicals in snapple to kill psilocybin... lol... sprinkle the powder on pizza or something, the snapple might not taste too hot.

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3003856 - 08/14/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I said that, I had four grams ground up fine, I took a bottle of snapple peach tea, I emptied half of it added the powder (be careful, it is very fine it can spill, that would suck) shook it up and drank it. It's not "mushroom tea" but it works just fine. Kicked in fast and I was tripping very hard very soon.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: couple of ?'s about ground mushies, tea/iced tea.... [Re: OuchITripped]
    #3003858 - 08/14/04 11:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OuchITripped said:
What people do normally to make tea is boil actually mushrooms, not ground up stuff, my advice is if it's ground up, get some Gelcaps, and gelcap them and take them, if you don't want to taste it, I'm sure if you put the powder into a drink and drank it, it would work... seeing as how I don't think there are chemicals in snapple to kill psilocybin... lol... sprinkle the powder on pizza or something, the snapple might not taste too hot.

that's why you dump out half of it (I dump out a little more than half), chugged it down, didn't taste bad at all. It would be much better than putting it on pizzia or something because you can take it fast and there would be less food in your stomach. I also did a rinse with alittle water, I pourd some in the bottle and shook it to get every last bit.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3005849 - 08/15/04 01:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've never made tea from powder.

A friend, however, has made tea with full caps/stems. She brought about 1.5 cups of water to a rolling boil, and dropped the shrooms in. She let the water boil about 15 minutes, adding a bit of water about halfway through to compensate for some water boiling off.

After 15 minutes, she drained the water out into another container, and used a spoon to mush the shrooms and strain the water out of them. Cheesecloth would probably work much better for this. She threw the shrooms away, then added a bit of honey and a teabag to the tea. She let it sit for about 10 minutes, added some milk, and drank it.

Invisiblezdm
Baby eater

Re: couple of ?'s about ground mushies, tea/iced tea.... [Re: myndreach]
    #3006893 - 08/15/04 11:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

if you boil mushrooms are they not good anymore?

--------------------

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: couple of ?'s about ground mushies, tea/iced tea.... [Re: zdm]
    #3007232 - 08/16/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's thought that psilocin deteriorates at a pretty low temperature, or something, so making the water too hot could destroy some of the active constituent. I'm not sure, though. Don't take my word for it.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: couple of ?'s about ground mushies, tea/iced tea.... [Re: zdm]
    #3007515 - 08/16/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My friend used this technique for tea about half a dozen time and 12 grams of fresh cubes has always given a strong level 1/weak level 2 trip, just as eating them always has. They don't seem to lose any of their magic.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience