Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Rye Grass Preperation and Tampenensis Questions
    #2947971 - 07/31/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This is the plan, sound ok?

Soak for 24 hours
Simmer for 20-30 minutes
Pack in bags and PC
-So far this is what I do for rye berries (except jars instead of bags)
Now wait 24 hours till they cool then seal?
Then innoculate?

Will 1 cc be enough?

Will karo tek work for tampanensis?

Also once colonization of tamps are complete how do I induce scloretia formation?

Temps for colonization?

Do I need to worry about temps, air, light, humidity for fruiting? Any sort of care the bags will need over the 2-3 month production?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrankster239
Spore Searcher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Rye Grass Preperation and Tampenensis Questions [Re: scatmanrav]
    #2996329 - 08/12/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Soak 12 hours should be enough. I never simmer it after i soak but i think it is also ok to simmer it.

24 hours to cool down is also much but yor choice.
Karo tek works.
Sklerotia form from alone.
Room Temp will work.

good luck :thumbup:

--------------------
Support www.fsre.nl !!!

I love to grow exotics with spores from Sporeworks

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3002403 - 08/13/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you simmer rye grass seed, you will have a mucky mess. Be sure to use twice as much grass seed by volume as water(dilute coffee especially helps sclerotia production). Add a pinch of gypsum in each jar, and if you're using coffee, also add a small pinch of hydrated lime to each jar. Put on a solid lid, and shake the heck out of it to mix everything up. Remove the solid lid, and replace with a lid with two small 1/8" holes drilled in it. Place a filter disk on the outside of the lid, so it won't get wet. Cover with foil and pc for 90 minutes. Shake the jars while still slightly warm from the pc. This will facilitate easier breakup of the rye grass seed. When cool, inoculate.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye Grass Preperation and Tampenensis Questions [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3002508 - 08/13/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well this was two weeks ago :smile: I already did soak and simmer some and I just did the soak in the bags for some. All bags failed but I think that was due to lack of sterile handling with them. of 5 jars made soaked and simmered grass 2 contamed, maybe caught from the bags (green by the way) 2 are colonizing and 1 isnt showing anything yet. 1 is strong.

They werent really that bad to shake. A little but I had forgot to shake that night and left them in the PC to cool for 24 hours without shaking and then shook.

All in all it worked out ok. I also did a rye berries jar (had an extra) the day before. A few days later I was reading someone else use berries and got better results then with the grass. So far the berries is doing excellent. I only did one jar and will split it all up once colonized. I plan on doing about a dozen jars of each and seeing which does better after 3 months. In a couple months I'll probably split up 2 of each and case them and try and get fruits. Well thanks for the help. I'll probably post more on these when theres something more to post.. Oh I will be using coffee in some after once I decide on a substrate to stick with. I've read up on your 50/50 mix and your results and such and plan on doing lots of experimenting myself. Thanks for the responce.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

#3004794 - 08/14/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We combine water and grass seed (2:1 by volume) and then sterilse. No simmering, no soaking no nothing....People complain that their seeds end up to sticky but this has always worked for us.

No special care is necessary, room temp or slightly higher is fine, light or dark doesn't matter. 2-3 Months is on the short side for tampanensis 4-5 is more appropiate.

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate