Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

How do you view nature so blissfully?
    #3001782 - 08/13/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This is an age old question but I havent seen it posted on the shroomery so heres my bit.

Im not trying to suck the life out of ppls sense of nature, but I always found it sort of ironic when ppl say they try and find peace in nature when nature is by nature extremely cruel. You can view it as chaotic or not, and any of those views doesnt necessarily have to be bad, but with all the obvious agony that goes on, on a normal basis, such as poisoning, suffocation, bone crushing ect ect, how do you find yourself at "peace" with it?. Its all devised in nature, such a painfull form of existance, obviously the only one we're aware of but still, makes you think of what could be or could have been, and maybe even will be. As I see humans the only ones correcting all of this chaos, maybe not in the present but give it 1000yrs :tongue:. Maybe we where put here to make things well given enough time, or maybe not.

So.. how do you find yourself at "peace" with nature?, as I cant seem to grasp that concept very well at the moment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: How do you view nature so blissfully? [Re: bandaid]
    #3001893 - 08/13/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't necessarily say nature is 'cruel', that implies that animals etc. enjoy the infliction of pain on others (a trait only humans seem to possess). But nature IS brutal and is obviously a struggle for survival. I really don't have a problem with that. I feel closer to the source of creation in nature (whatever that source may be) simply because of the lack of human invented distractions.

I find myself at peace in nature because I accept the brutality of nature...just as it is. Everything moves...it's all just the transformation of energy from one form into another. The grass becomes the deer, the deer becomes the mountain lion, the mountain lion becomes the vulture, the vulture becomes the bacteria, the bacteria becomes the compost, the compost becomes the grass. Something like that.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3001922 - 08/13/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

How i find myself at peace with nature:

Simple.  Natural.  Naturally.

Nature in itself expresses in true form the concept of Infinity.
As Source was saying.  In nature, there is a perfect balance.  the spiral, the circle.  Perfect.

This is how i find myself at peace with nature. Untouched, virgin.  There is nothing that "man" can do to take the great gifts of mother nature away from me.

Nature is brutal, I am in South Florida right now, as we speak, in a hurricane, and the power just came back on.  There is a viscious cycle of nature, but key word there is nature.  natural.  the natural cycle and way of things.

I find myself at peace with nature through the corruption of other cycles.  Brainwashing, programming, schooling institutions, politics (Hollywood for ugly people), and any cycle that man and scientist try to unleash, most indefinitely comes out with an uncertainty.

IE-Blue Moon, Leap year, (in chemistry) the uncertainty sign before each lab prediction, etc.

Nature, in its simplist form, represents truth.  For our world is slowly mutating to the concrete jungle.

NO BIG BROTHER, you cannot defeat Nature.  Mother earth is pissed, and right now she is shouting all over Florida, and i think it is because there aren't return amounts on cans and bottles here (No one here is motivated to recycle, so she is gonna get her lash on)...

You know, in my opinion :smile:

-Ares

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

#3001944 - 08/13/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

And by looking at your post icon, I find it odd you would make such a post. :smile:

The yinandyang...perfect, balance. 6-9 complimentary.

Also did you know that the number 9 is the only number that can give life back to any other number?

Example:
9x2=18  1+8=9
9x3=27  2+7=9
9x4=36  3+6=9
9x5=45  4+5=9
9x6=54  5+4=9
9x7=63  6+3=9
9x8=72  7+2=9

Or something cool like that :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: How do you view nature so blissfully? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3002082 - 08/13/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting math. I put that icon up because I accept but not happily that I come from the "monsters" womb (nature), and I know Im capable of doing good things so I figured that would be appropriate to make ppl think a little more on the ying-yang thing, good to see it worked :smile:.

Putting it my way I'll just consider myself an associate to the monster, working with it at all times but never becoming its friend :wink:.

Love is like a train...
Female

#3002097 - 08/13/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

WE ALL CREATE OUR OWN REALITY, AND YOUR IDEALS AND THEOLOGIES ARE JUST AS TRUE AS THEY ARE FALSE TO MINE AND ANYONE ELSES.  THATS THE GREAT THING ABOUT THEORY.

I RESPECT EVERYONE AND WHAT THEY THINK.

BUT I WILL NOT COMPLY UNTIL GIVEN DAMN GOOD REASON TOO :smile:

NICE THEORY ON THE YIN-AND-YANG, AND IF NATURE IS IN UBER MONSTER FORM IN YOUR VISION, AWESOME!  :smile:

NATURE MONSTER
NATURE MOTHER
NATURE MYSTERY

IT IS ALL GOOD, IN ALL FORMS, EVERYONE IS JUST FUCKIN' AWESOME!

-SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS
-aRES

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3002304 - 08/13/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

nature tears itself apart, but if u lookmdeeply there are evolving connections, partnership, that rises through the destruction.

For instance, the evolution of conscious beings, leading to (perhaps) us (so far on Terra).

How about your own cells as part of that process. It appears that the mitochondria, traditionally viewed as the powerhouse of the animal cell, were once a separate organisms. At some point in pre-history they formed a symbiosis with plant-type cells and entered into them. Eventually to the depth that they became one organism.

How about the pilot fish that live on whales, cleaning them for a living. Together the pair of species operate in total harmony.

There are many examples of this kind of partnership within nature. Examples of symbiosis in progress.

however like u say - there is also untold brutality.

Nature gives life - nature takes life.

N ature overcomes duality

The energy flows

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3002591 - 08/13/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yet another great post today...S&P is on fire!!! :hellfire:

have you ever lived in the woods for say more than six months at a time?  you should!!  it may be tough at first, but you will find that the concrete jungle we surround ourselves with is a lot tougher and even more brutal than nature because we are in charge of civilization.

Remember...we are not the caretakers of this planet, this planet takes care of us.  without a certain number of this, and a certain number of that...we wouldn't be here.

Have you ever wondered in the woods and looked at the ancient trees.  Ever sit down on the ground and realize, I am actually sitting upon the earth (as opposed to concrete).  HAve you ever dangled your feet in a creek and feeling the water flow?  Have you ever heard the song of the birds sing...or the crickets and frogs at night...the stars above putting on a show night after night...the wind as it blows the spirits of earth through you.  this is the peace i feel. 

and most importantly, ther is also complete silence.  no buzzing, hissing, conjestion, or all the other crap that our civilized world brings to us. 

maybe I'm jsut crazy, but I feel nature has a lot to teach, especially about stillness.  hehe I'll end this ramble now :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: How do you view nature so blissfully? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3002612 - 08/13/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup: to both of yall

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #3002693 - 08/13/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nature is hardcore and that is what makes it nature. It has to be brutal or else it would not evolve, as chaos and creation are two parts of the whole that contribute to learning/wisdom/evolution. Material reality is the foundation for the spirital world, and 'nature' as it exists in the 3rd dimension, is a perfect representation of the great balance between two colliding forces. It's perfect by itself.

What do you mean poisoning, suffocation, bone crushing, etc etc.. that sounds more like cruel things humans do to each other than something nature does. If you are referring to nature 'killing' humans or animals, that is simply a fact of physical life, there must also be death. But with the death there is new life , and this being the cycle of nature.. life and death, creation and destruction..

Pain is just a fact of material life. With a physical body and material senses, one must feel pain to know if something is wrong with the body, or else we would die too easily. Pain is a good thing. The whole purpose of living material incarnations is to get the entire range of the human experience.. the good and the bad, or at least, what is perceived as such.

But with all the death and chaos in nature there is at least that much life and beauty. Peace comes from within, and if one is at peace with oneself, they can be at peace in the harshest environment.

I see humans committing much more atrocious acts than I have ever seen nature commit. Least we forget... if nature did not exist, neither would we. We would be wise to take a few lessons from it.

As for me, I find myself most at peace in a lush forest.
I'll take a few trees and some plants over a dirty, crowded, concrete jugnle anyday.

--------------------

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Loc: I'm right here.
    #3002847 - 08/13/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I view nature blissfully because I recognize that it is the source of all things that I know as the World Around Me. Civilization is comfortable, yes, but it also has an element of nastiness involved in it that nature does not. Sure, nature is cruel in ways, but as others have said, it is always in balance, and with death brings new life.
In society, people linger on until they are 60-100 years old, and as new children come into the world, less and less of the old ones are dying. Now i'm not complaining about living a long life, but if nature would have it her way we'd die off well before the current life expectancy rate. So, here we are in society, living outside of nature and sucking up all of our own resources. How can I not view nature blissfully?

-T

--------------------
The air is cut with cyanide.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
& Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: Shroomism]
    #3002904 - 08/13/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do you guys not view humans, or our civilisation, as a part of nature? They way you talk seems to me to make it sound like you feel we are somehow unnatural.

I think we are totally natural, and all our creation and destruction is natural.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: & Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: CJay]
    #3002919 - 08/13/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well when someone says nature, I think rocks, water, wind, plants, trees, earth, sky, stars, space.. for some reason my mind classifies animals and humans in different categories. I think we are perfectly natural.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3002950 - 08/13/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no offense but I hate when people pull the ' humans are natural and whatever we do, good or bad, for the planet/ourselves is how it is supposed to be, because this is how it is, so it's ok'

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

#3002962 - 08/13/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think we are natural in origin, but we exist outside the balance of nature, with the exception being using natural resources. So I made the point that in society it is sort of a seperate balance that is not all dependant on nature. Nature has its own balance that to me is beautiful because it is so different than what I see going on around me on a day to day basis.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: & Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: TimeTraveler]
    #3002981 - 08/13/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It isn't that we aren't 'natural', it's that our common idea of the term is impossible to escape, and quite formless. Explain natural, and you will see how malleable the term is, not because of the external conditions, but because of the internal illusion behind the concept.

Basically, the term was created out of an illusioned perception of the world, yet we try to apply this illusion to the truth of the universe. Natural is nothing more than a symbol used exclusively by humans as a form of duality between them and the not-them.

--------------------

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Re: & Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: deff]
    #3003029 - 08/14/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Deff...I guess i see your point there, but without man and all of his places, wouldnt everything be what our concept of natural is? Using the symbols logic, nothing is anything unless we label it as such. I think "nature" is just everything physical, biological and tangible that has not been created by the hands of an intelligent being (humans).

Do hippos or elephants build houses out of trees that they cut down and shaped into lumber?

Do gorillas have steel mills where they make beams that eventually are used to make skyscrapers?

I by know means think I speak the truth, i'm just raising some questions here : )

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: & Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: TimeTraveler]
    #3003065 - 08/14/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

are atomic bombs natural?
is making a plant illegal natural?

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: & Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: Shroomism]
    #3003127 - 08/14/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"that has not been created by the hands of an intelligent being (humans)"

We cannot create. We are only capable of temporarily transforming already existant energy. This energy is """""natural""""".

"are atomic bombs natural?
is making a plant illegal natural?"

It would depend entirely on your definition of natural. If it is anything not temporarily arranged by a human, then no. Otherwise, it must certainly is as """"""natural"""""" as anything else. The idea of natural comes from the illusion of seperation from the external.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: & Re: timetraveller & kaiowas [Re: deff]
    #3003139 - 08/14/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Oops missed some...

"Do hippos or elephants build houses out of trees that they cut down and shaped into lumber?

Do gorillas have steel mills where they make beams that eventually are used to make skyscrapers?"

No. Do humans suck water into their trunks and wash themselves? Do humans live in trees? These are just characteristics of these species, by applying a label such as natural it is obvious that you exist within one of these species and are using it as a way of illusioning yourself into the belief of seperation from the universe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom