Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineniteridah
Stranger
Mazatapec on brown rice and vermiculite
    #3000061 - 08/13/04 12:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This is my first grow ever. I'm using the Mazatapec strand purchased from shroomery.org sponceror, and this is also my first post. I'm using the pf cake technique. humidifying with perlite. I birthed my cakes after dunking them a while back. about a week ago, I got my first pin. The others came right behind. I have two big pins that are maybee barely over an inch long. the tops of the shrooms are still the same size as the stalk. I can barely tell they are growing each day, even though they look okay. But are they not growing too slow? I fan them about five times a day and keep it misted up in there for good humidity control (that i know of) and temps stay around mid seventies. Please help, is this normal to take this long to grow? They appear to be healthy, just growing slow as hell. Any ideas? Wondering how long it should take for the shrooms to start growing toward maturity. Just looking for advice, and wondering if this is normal.

Edited by niteridah (08/13/04 01:16 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrokage420
The Dude
Loc: somewhere
Re: Mazatapec on brown rice and vermiculite [Re: niteridah]
    #3000786 - 08/13/04 02:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

dude.. be patient with them.. they will grow.. also.. Do Not Mist Them directly... you will stall the pins.. I know because I've done it.. yes I smacked myself.

--------------------
"I am the Lizard King I can do Anything!"

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3000846 - 08/13/04 03:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

just be patient they will grow... if they are stalled u will know in a few days when theres still no activity, you sound anxious =P..... and remember even if they abort, they are still active and just as potent!

Offlineniteridah
Stranger
Re: Mazatapec on brown rice and vermiculite [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3002424 - 08/13/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I appreciate this site, and everyone being so willing to help. Just another newbie here, happy and satisfied with first grow results so far, thanks to you guys!

Offlinethepwnzor

Loc: North East, USA
    #11223242 - 10/10/09 10:57 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

It is also my first time growing and I have chosen to do Mazatapec and PES-Hawaiian. It took a long time for my jars to colonize: about 35 days. I also got a lot of pins in my jars before the bottom of the jar was fully colonized. I have birthed some of the cakes and they are growing well. One of the cakes started growing big the day after but some of the others took a few days longer to get pins. Like the others have said, I would just wait you should start to see pins soon, and it seems that about a week is not too uncommon of a wait to start seeing solid growth. I am also using the shotgun terrarium setup with the perlite. Good luck.

--------------------
"Dude, me 'n my best buddy squirted spore juice into the jars yesterday. Do you think we'll have enough mushrooms for a trip by the weekend? We really want to trip next weekend. Can I eat the cake? Will it make me high? How about if I make a tea out of the cake?" - German Kahuna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation