Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
spiritual?
    #2998418 - 08/13/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I mean, what does it really matter? this last month has really been a consciousness shift for me... a change from observant of the divine, to a passive thankfulness for life , yet ignoring of advancing spiritually... when I think about it, how many people actually stop and think about god or the universe? and then I come here and see lots of outward original thought and I think " but why?" , why not just live and not take the time to even try and understand it all'... and that is what most people think!! it's like there is a line that you just don't cross if you are to be with the jive of culture, and all that society stands for.... I mean Jesus, Buddah, druids and dreams? why should we study and devote thought to it all?... I don't know, I used to be so deep into this stuff and now my depth amounts to a passive aknowledgement of things that I will never be able to fully understand......

Edited by 2Experimental (08/13/04 09:56 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: spiritual? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2998480 - 08/13/04 01:53 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That's kind of depressing. I don't know what to say.

Have you had spiritual experiances? Are you turning you back on beliefs or something?

What's up?

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: spiritual? [Re: MAGnum]
    #2999264 - 08/13/04 07:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i feel the best thing I can do with my life is to experience as much of whats beyond this life as I can before i die.

i guess the only thing i can say about your situation is that you probobly just got tired of asking questions with no answer... cause with these kind of topics, there is no known definite answer. just a fuckload of maybes and proboblys

maybe you need a near death experience. you probobly do.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
Re: spiritually clogged up [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2999277 - 08/13/04 07:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i guess that would mean you are weak .......huh?

all you need to know is already in fornt of you.. damn it is you.!!!!
you have been cluttered up.. you're dirty.. release yourself from the bullshit of our superfical, matrialistic, faschist world my freind.....acknowledge the privilege of being alive in a human body at this moment, endowed with senses, memories, emotions, thoughts, and the space of mind in its wisdom aspect.
It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation.

Witness the contents of mind, the visions and sounds, the thoughts, as clouds passing through the vast expanse - the sky-like nature of mind. The rootedness of Being is in emptiness, clarity and awareness: unborn, unspoilt, stainlessly pure.

The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness.

I subject my awareness to the perfection of being, the perfection of wisdom and perfection of love, all of these being co-present in the Vast Expanse. I share this panorama of Being and appreciate all I can share it with...the seamless interweaving of consciousness with each moment.

Create perfection wherever you go with your awareness. That is why this teaching is admired by artists--they sense the correctness of the response to life as creative. Life is infinite creative play. Enjoyment and participation in this creative play is the artists profound joy. We co-author every moment with universal creativity.

To bare our souls is all we ask, to give all we have to life and the beings surrounding us. Here the nature spirits are intense and we appreciate them, make offerings to them--these nature spirits who call us here--sealing our fate with each other, celebrating our love.

I am an intersecting kaleidoscope of Being in a rainbow refractive wave pattern: a corpuscle of light on the ocean...the transparency of my body with the rocks...Share your presence with others, no boundaries, completely openly lovingly. Love is what makes us alive, that is why we feel so alive when we love. Service is being available to love. Life is the combustion of love. That we love ourselves here, that is the true magnificence in the mountains of being. We are constantly drawing the line between love and not love--enter into the Non-duality Zone, and all judgements dissolve in the Vast Expanse.

It's as though we are co-conspirators of consciousness--everyone, everywhere, everywhen, mixing up our openable minds. It's as though we could gather clouds in the sky and people into our lives. Like an eruption of consciousness, we discover the most important force is love. Experience yourself as the Source and appreciate every moment as perfection. Sunrise--Sunset. Thank you, Thank you, Creator, profound unstoppable connectedness of all beings, pattern to everything, most radical no-thing, the Vast Expanse
................WAKE THE FUCK UP MAN!!!!  :wink: WAKE UP!!!

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
Re: spiritually clogged up [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2999284 - 08/13/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

THIS IS SOMETHING YOU MIGHT LEARN FROM NOW.. IF YOUR APATHY DOSENT SWALLOW YOUR INTELLIGENCE...the ego picks up the weapon of apathy.. child lke playing with the trigger, blowing the head off its contradicted self... awareness is suddenly bigger, by slaying the ego and stunning the endless chatter of thoughts as they rise.... critque to your bleak oblivion and live in a PARADOX.. or recognize your soul my friend :smile:

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: spiritually clogged up [Re: sillysimon]
    #2999328 - 08/13/04 08:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

im pretty sure he's trying to say that he's been where you've been and lost interest. not that he's "weak"

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2999797 - 08/13/04 10:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

these are some very important question mr experimental, only really you can answer those for yourself, but I sure can give you the reasons I'm here, and why I know I will always be here, and why I will continue asking and thinking. 

Part of it has to deal with better myself as a person.  I used to be very bitter at the world, and at myself, and it is these questions about existence, and of life itself, that has given me an awe experience that has yet to leave.  EVeryday when I wake up, till I go to sleep, I am nearly at complete awe that I exist.  This is the essence of starting out on the path of bettering yourself as a person.  I don't know who here is perfect, and since that's the case, there's always room for self improvement.  And when you improve yourself as a person, and become genuine and authentic, you better the people you come in contact with.  it's about changing the world, one very small step at a time.  those who think about these questions often are the start ups, we are key players. 

you speak of understanding it all...I wonder what you fully mean by this.  the only thing that I am trying to fully understand is myself and how I react to reality.  I want to achieve a state of bliss, and then pass that love onto others, for no other reason because I have too much love in my heart to just keep inside.  I hope someday, you find that supreme love in yours, cause I know it's there. And what is wrong with trying to achieve that?  why lower our standards?

Culture is start up of seperation.  it yeilds the ideas of "I'm different from you," and it furthers seperation between humans.  not to say it's bad, but let me ask you  how would you describe American culture?

I know how I would describe american culture.  it's easy, make money.  it's what our lives are based on, and don't you think that having the thoughts we could have should yeild a little more than just making money and owning things? 

because that's what most people think?  not only is this logically incorrect, it shows that you aren;t thinking for yourself, unless you dont want to think for yourself.  I'm not belittling you at all, but I have been enjoying your posts since I started reading them, and I know you are way more than this.  call it a hunch, or try and say that I think I'm some sort of guru if you wish, cause you know I'm far from it.  I am just a friend that you may not know you have , who is trying to help a brother out.  :hug:

I've been there before, I've been without thinking, just wondering around, asleep in a dream, and I woke up and I will never go back to sleep again, because life is way to awe inspiring everyday for me to shut it away to join the rest.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2999925 - 08/13/04 11:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

something with which you cannot barter or exchange
i.e. not commercial
and
not exactly theme park dependable. (hence culturally dystonic and we end up with theme park spirituality and carnival traps)

let us say our dimension is inside another, (quite likely ask any mathematician or physicist)
we have no clue of where or how the pervasive interface is or when an interface event is likely,
but part of our being is in that dimension and the rest is here,
or vice versa (-even if the container dimension is just memory and dreams we are not well enough equipped to command or see through it as we do here)

but here -this- is limited, and what we know and see and feel is not suited to make any sense out of the rest, it can't grasp what is dimensionally beyond, but we feels better if it this somewhat in synch with the "rest".

occasionally something happens which is inexplicable, from "the other side".

well it is nice to hang open and acknowleddge it.
not necessary to explain it or accept anyone else's explanation.

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Why be Spiritual? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3000905 - 08/13/04 03:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

For fulfillment and meaning. Not everyone has to be spiritual to achieve fulfillment and meaning in their lives, but undoubtedly spiritual life and thought has the potential to fill one's life with deep meaning, a sense of peace and understanding, while simultaneously making a vast contribution to the welfare of others.

Our culture has distilled into us through advertising media the notion that the accumulation of material goods, or sufficient wealth to ensure comfort and security for one's family, is what a successful life is all about. Animals, however, live their lives from birth to death in just the same way, gathering for themselves and their families, procreating, finally dying. Considering that we have the extraordinary human capacity for thought and insight at our disposal, why would we spend our entire lives achieving little more than what animals achieve?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why be Spiritual? [Re: Ped]
    #3000963 - 08/13/04 03:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well often fullfilment is a
payment option approach related to your consumer mentality

but
if you seek it you will probably find it; just be careful what you wish for

anyway
no expectation and acclimatising to existential angst are not bad starting / ending points

OfflineTimeTraveler
Another

Loc: I'm right here.
Re: Why be Spiritual? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3002979 - 08/14/04 01:46 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I keep asking "the big questions" because I see human beings acting like nothing more than elaborate animals all around me. Why do I want to step into line and participate in the rituals of the ignorant? I am by no means a super spiritual person, but I try to think outside the society-imposed box and at least raise questions, though I may never find the answers.

My take on the matter, anyway...

Hope you find peace, 2experimental.

-T

--------------------
The air is cut with cyanide.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Why be Spiritual? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3003153 - 08/14/04 02:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You have taken a step toward enlightenment. You have been disillusioned. Now you percieve life in the harsh cold light of truth. That light may seem harsh and cold...but it can be warm and friendly also.

Invisiblemr crisper

#3003781 - 08/14/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

nice post.
sounds like you are approaching freedom, letting go of beliefs, tired of navel-gazing.
now you can go and do something. enjoy.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3003852 - 08/14/04 11:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

To be spiritual is to derive eternal meaning from every moment of one's life.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3004190 - 08/14/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

guys, I would like to thank everyone for the replys... I would like to think I can overcome my mental block and am working on it... I think there is something to offer in spirtualness beyond what every day life can offer... I guess I just got burned out and saw life for how it is: death riddin and painful. But I realize there is something much greater... I read all the responses and learned .. thanks :thumbup:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3011015 - 08/16/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Wow!

I appreciated this thread. I'm in semi burnout-AGAIN. Been going through it on and off for the last year.  When you're in your highly aware spititual zone, you wonder about the drones enraptured in density going through the motions and feel so greatful you can "see". And where I am today, I look at those caught up in higher mental and emotional planes and think "Man!!!!!!!! can't they "see" how removed from this life they are?"

Perception really is relative!

I know I have been swinging back and forth over the last year because I am calibrating a balance between the two. Ideally, I wish to have the higher awareness while being conscious of my movements through this physical plane as I engage in it fully. I just came from a 10 day vacation visiting with my mostly dense drone family up north and maybe they infected me with their negative, fearing,  jump the hopes crapola. LOL

And yet, they live in these rich dramas and sometimes I wish I could slip into forgetfullness for a time and beleive in the reality of the illusion. They do things like argue and plan funerals and weddings and gossip beliving their shit doesn't stink.

Be careful what you wish for is right who ever said it here. Once you cross a threshold or two, there is no turning back and you are spiritually aware weather you want to be or not.

Take advantage of the emotions you are expiriencing now. It's really grounding time and brings perspective and appreciation to things as you move through it. Your next pass through a wave of love and light will be even more grand and rich then the one before. Allow for it. Never be afraid to mover through your emotions.

Why are people afraid to face a crappy day? They tell us a lot about ourselves if we use our 'spiritual insight". I was in your mode big time about a half year back bashing the way whacky end of the new age like crazy and all of my "spiritual friends" were like "You're blowing my vibe dude!"

I was like, "What a bunch of hypocrites!" They spew all of this love and acceptance BS and then turn from anything that "blows their vibe".

I found it ridiculously funny. Can you imagine Jesus saying, "You're blowing my vibe dude!" when he was approached by tax collectors?

I think I felt that way about people to when I was vibin high and pushed negative people away. It is funny. Now I am aware to laugh at it.

I say, have a bad hair day, week or month! It all passes! Compared to eternity, who cares how long it lasts. Already your higher self is blissed out 24/7, time being simultaneous, so let this self explore the richness of the depths of emotion and thought. Thats where I find all of the gems as they are buried in the darkest and deepst caverns.

Who says an unaware dense life is any less spiritual then an aware one in the lightness of light anyway? Even some spiritualists have a way of making you feel guilty for it while they preach about how religions mess us up with guilt. Like we can be wrong if we say, I want to just pour myself into this life and live it by my own rules. There is no right or wrong regarding this stuff and no rules to live by other then your own "spiritualy speaking" so don't feel bad about it.

If you feel uninspired then allow for it. It's your emotion to feel and has a purpose or you wouldn't be feeling it. If you don't like the feeling then look for inspiration or become the inpsiration for another. Always pulls me out of the muck when I want out!

Just letting ya know I can relate! :wink: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3011904 - 08/17/04 03:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

if you are not finding spirituality to be useful, then definitely move on and don't waste your time on it for now - perhaps you will become interested again at a later time :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology