Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy
    #2997278 - 08/12/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey before this one gets shunted off to die in Science & Technology (might as well just delete it and quit playing games) I just wanted to say you're all gonna be believers in 10 years time. Noone's gonna be unaffected. Your crops are gonna burn. Your pool's are gonna freeze. Wake up people. Bad shit really is happening and it's getting worse every year. Mother nature is pissed off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2997296 - 08/12/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

I think it's too late to stop the tide. Society will not change in time, at any rate.

Just wait till things do start to get bad on the whole...we'll see what humans do when backed into a corner (nuke eachother, probably).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2997313 - 08/12/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Global warming will be good for Canada.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2997319 - 08/12/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
Hey before this one gets shunted off to die in Science & Technology (might as well just delete it and quit playing games) I just wanted to say you're all gonna be believers in 10 years time. Noone's gonna be unaffected. Your crops are gonna burn. Your pool's are gonna freeze. Wake up people. Bad shit really is happening and it's getting worse every year. Mother nature is pissed off.

You know there is something wrong when after a three day long river trip, you are rithing in pain from suburns and blisters. It happenned to me like that.

Just a few days out in the sun and FRIED!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: silversoul7]
    #2997341 - 08/12/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Actually I have my eyes on the antarctic! There's some prime real-estate under all that ice :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2997349 - 08/12/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

How about California?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: Redstorm]
    #2997356 - 08/12/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:

How about California?

Yesterday it was 104 degrees outside, and this is in Northern California. So, to answer your question, I don't think it will be good.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2997372 - 08/12/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Canada will be the next superpower. They will invade America when we are weak from starvation and famine! Beware!

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2997442 - 08/12/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Please tie this in to one of the following if you wish it to stay here:

Politics -- i.e. what do you believe government should do to stop the sun from putting out more radiation that reaches the earth (check several recent articles in the mainstream press for the reference)

Activism -- i.e. what form of protests or letter-writing campaigns etc. you feel would be effective in preventing the temperature of the Earth from dropping several hundredths of a degree centigrade per year (according to the most recent satellite-gathered data)

Law -- what current laws should be enforced or new laws introduced to prevent people from burning stuff.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2997463 - 08/12/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:

How about California?

Yesterday it was 104 degrees outside, and this is in Northern California. So, to answer your question, I don't think it will be good.

I don't think so either. I think it's gonna be more desert than it already is, very, very soon.

Anonymous

#2997481 - 08/12/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The climate may be slowly changing in places. It's not getting warmer everywhere though. Here in the northeast US temperatures have been lower in the last few years than average.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: Phred]
    #2997521 - 08/12/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Politics -- i.e. what do you believe government should do to stop the sun from putting out more radiation that reaches the earth (check several recent articles in the mainstream press for the reference)

Obviously noone can stop more radiation from reaching the Earth but what we can do is reduce the amount that is prevented from bouncing back out. We can allow more trees to grow. We can reduce the amount of poisonous chemicals we pump into the atmosphere. We can stop reducing the ozone layer. This is not just the government's responsibility (though I believe any responsible govt. should take a lead). This is everyone's responsibility, especially those of us in the industrial world.

Quote:

Activism - i.e. what form of protests or letter-writing campaigns etc. you feel would be effective in preventing the temperature of the Earth from dropping several hundredths of a degree centigrade per year (according to the most recent satellite-gathered data)

That's a compound question. It's going up faster than that and the increase is exponential. A little increase will have profound effects. As for protests that's the point. Protests happen to make undecided and opposite minded people think about issues. This post is a little protest. Hopefully it's reminded a handful of shroomery people of the threat that's gathering. The original article on the BBC website reminded me. American news media doesn't report on this stuff very often because American's don't like to face gloomy reality and so far America hasn't been as severely impacted as other parts of the world. My pop's in London right now. Right now they're sweltering, suffering.

Quote:

Law -- what current laws should be enforced or new laws introduced to prevent people from burning stuff.

I didn't have anything specifically in mind but I mean hey here's a proposition: ban Hummers. Here's another one: big tax cuts for carpoolers. Here's another one: big tax cuts for people who install solar panels. Those would be some good new laws.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2998246 - 08/12/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Two things to make sure you guys know (not assuming you don't already know this)

1) Climate and weather are largely very separate (i.e. just because you set some records this past week does not = climate change)

2) The Ozone layer has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with global change/climate change

oh, and to satisfy pinky, i think that this is one of the prime examples that there needs to be some sort of sacrfice of national sovereignty to the global community. yes, perhaps the UN needs drastic reform, but there needs to be something

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: Tao]
    #2999147 - 08/13/04 03:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The ozone layer does have something to do with global warming - it shields the ice-caps from ultra-violet rays, doesn't it?

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: MAGnum]
    #2999158 - 08/13/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Canada will be the next superpower.  They will invade America when we are weak from starvation and famine!  Beware!

we'd take over canada before that would happen  :smirk:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #2999171 - 08/13/04 03:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nah... its the result of planetary xenoforming being carried out by the global shadow government and the grays.

sheesh.. this foil hat itches.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2999246 - 08/13/04 05:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Our summer has sucked so far (well below average temp). I say bring on the Global warming, sooner the better. ***sprays aerosol can in the air****

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2999301 - 08/13/04 05:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Global warming does not equal local warming. It means local changes, infact as the overall energy level in the system increases I would expect weather to become more erratic and violent.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2999312 - 08/13/04 06:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Global warming does not equal local warming. It means local changes,

huh? Global warming is just what it means, warming. Are you confusing el nino with global warming?

Quote:

infact as the overall energy level in the system increases I would expect weather to become more erratic and violent.

energy level in what "system"? What would you base this prediction on? Weather has always been erratic and violent. How does global warming fit in here?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Global warming nothing but pretend communist conspiracy [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2999349 - 08/13/04 06:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Most global warming models predict that extreme weather will become more common.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies