Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
No glove box...making syringes? Best way?
    #2997157 - 08/12/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

A friend of mine has an oven, latex gloves, syringes, zip lock bags, alchohol, tuppeware containers, and a couple spore prints, but no glove box. She is wondering what the best way to make a syringe is. She read this, but here's it's unreliable.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7967

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: myndreach]
    #2998996 - 08/13/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone? :smile:

OfflineSporeAddic
FUN GUY!
Loc: Texas
    #2999080 - 08/13/04 02:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well ziplock bags come sterile. So maybe you could make a sterile print on an index card wraped in packing tape. clean small scissors with alcohol, clean a straight pin with alcohol, insert the pin in the cap...cut the cap and place it on the card after you wipe the card with ALc. of course then cover the cap with the a shot glass that you have also washed with alcohol. wait 12 hours, carefully and cleanly remove the cap and then place the index card into the baggie and close it...then get a sterile syringe with sterile water in it and squirt in the water. then swish the water around untill the spores are mixed...flame sterilize your needle poke it in the side of the bag and draw out. remember to wear gloves and dust mask and lysol everything!

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2999089 - 08/13/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Turn the oven on and let it warm up. Do all the work over the oven rack as heat escapes the chamber of the oven.

This will make all the little particles rise and float out of your working area, not allowing them to settle.

Captain Mushroom uses this tech.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: MAGnum]
    #2999350 - 08/13/04 06:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah thanks magnum and sporeaddic, i read those teks on this site. Both sounded good, but wasn't sure about how good they really were. Thanks a lot, I'll let my friend know.

Oh...and any way to check if a syringe will be good or not after using that tek sporeaddic?

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
    #2999364 - 08/13/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I make my syringes without a glove box. I'm none too sterile, either.

I simply wash my hands well, wash my work surface down (kitchen counter) and spray it with lysol, then go to work.

I start with boiled water, pour it into a cup or jar then open my print and using a blade, scrape spores into the water. I just load up my syringes, cap 'em, and I'm done. I've never made a bad syringe this way (and I've made a lot), but maybe I'm just lucky.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: ChiLong]
    #2999410 - 08/13/04 07:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

how much water do you boil? how much of a print do you scrape into the boiled water? or do you just boil water, then suck 10cc into the syringe, then put that into another container and add spores, then resuck up?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #2999505 - 08/13/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I do mine in a flow hood. So i take the syringe and take the plunger out. Scrape one print into the syringe, replace plunger. Then suck up the sterilized water. All this being done inside either a glove box or flow hood. How much of a print or how many prints to use you'll develop on your own. It depends for me upon how big the print is, And how dark i want the syringe. Good luck. Remember to be very sterile while doing this. If you contam the syring all jars are more than likely to contam.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3000002 - 08/13/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I do mine in a flow hood.  So i take the syringe and take the plunger out.  Scrape one print into the syringe, replace plunger.  Then suck up the sterilized water.  All this being done inside either a glove box or flow hood.  How much of a print or how many prints to use you'll develop on your own.  It depends for me upon how big the print is, And how dark i want the syringe. Good luck.  Remember to be very sterile while doing this.  If you contam the syring all jars are more than likely to contam.

Whats much easier is to scrape the spores into sterile water with a drop of JetDry then just draw up the spore solution into as many syringes as you have. Also if you absolutely have no acess to a GB then the oven tek would be your best bet just remember to work above a tray placed on a shelf this will make your oven tek more successful! :wink: Even a cardboard box sprayed inside with a bleach solution will work when saran is draped over the front and gloved hands are used. :wink: GL

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3000032 - 08/13/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Man I do that. Out 50 syringes only 2 bad.

Good Luck

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
    #3000037 - 08/13/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

PC or boil a 1/2 pint jar.(pint jar works too) The lid should be rubber rim down, sealing it to the glass. The lid needs one pre punched hole, cover it with water proof tape. Do all that before PC'ing it.

You now have a blank spore jar.

Pull lid back just far enough, scrape your spores into the water, recap jar and you are good.

To fill syringes, PC the syringes full of water. Once cool, stick needle through hole in jar lid, inject the sterile water into jar, suck up spore water into syringe. Repeart as necessary.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: meanoldman]
    #3000080 - 08/13/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

meanoldman said:
PC or boil a 1/2 pint jar.(pint jar works too) The lid should be rubber rim down, sealing it to the glass. The lid needs one pre punched hole, cover it with water proof tape. Do all that before PC'ing it.

You now have a blank spore jar.

Pull lid back just far enough, scrape your spores into the water, recap jar and you are good.

To fill syringes, PC the syringes full of water. Once cool, stick needle through hole in jar lid, inject the sterile water into jar, suck up spore water into syringe. Repeart as necessary.

Exactly! and remember place your prepunched hole towards the edge of the lid for obvious reasons :wink:

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: hyphae]
    #3000549 - 08/13/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I pounch it right in the middle.

The volume of water in the jar never changes or decreases. 10cc's clean water in, 10 cc's clean spore water out

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3000835 - 08/13/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Put it at the side and you'll have a much easier time getting innoc. once the jar gets below 1/2. below 1/3 it's gets to be a neccessity! :wink:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3000985 - 08/13/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

1. sterilize the syringe (you won't have to worry about this until you use the syringe the first time because i think they come sterilized in the package). to sterilize the syringe fill a pan with water and put it on the stove. wait till it starts to boil and suck up all the water you can into the syringe (trying not to let any air in). let the syringe sit with the boiling hot water for a couple minutes, eject the water, then repeat the process again at least a couple more times. on the last time keep the water inside the syringe and let it cool for a few hours until it reaches room temperature before you make your spore solution.

2. get a shot glass, your sterilized syringe, rubbing alcohol, baggie with the print in it, and a strip of foil or something similar that is flat and sterilizeable.

- wash your hands, wipe down the surface you are working on with rubbing alcohol, and wear a hat or something so your hair doesn't contaminate anything.(people are nutty sometimes with their sterilization methods, i'm not really that clean and i've had no contams in the very short period that i've been doing this)

*remember to work quickly in all stages of this process so as to not let contams sink their roots in anything you are doing*

- wipe the shotglass inside and out with rubbing alcohol and then wipe your strip of foil or whatever with rubbing alcohol and use it to cover the shot glass (you don't have to wrap it around the shotglass, just place on top of it so that contams don't fall into the shotglass)

- flame sterilize your sterilized needle tip and then wipe down with rubbing alcohol. make sure the needle tip isn't hot or wet with rubbing alcohol before you scrape the print with it or else the spores will die. (just wait a few seconds before you scrape the spores).

- open the baggie and with the print still inside the baggie, open the foil (with your hands or the sterilized needle) to reveal the actual print. remove the lid of your shotglass (again, make sure there isn't any pools of rubbing alcohol in it) and tilt the baggie with the print inside it so you can scrape the spores into the shot glass. only scrape about 1/4 to 1/3 of the print into the shotglass so if you screw up your first time you'll have some of the print left to try again.

-reseale the baggie with the print in it once you've scraped enough spores into the shotglass.

-now you must eject the sterile water from your sterilized needle into the shotglass. give it a few stirs with the needle tip and suck up the water/spore solution into the needle a few times so you can get the most spores possible into the needle. try not to get much air in the needle during this process.

- you will need some air in your syringe so you you can break up the spores if they clump together (mostly for long-term storage). to get sterile air into the syringe you must suck up some air from the middle of a candle or other flame to make sure it is sterile. a couple of bb gun bb size air bubbles will be fine for breaking up spore clumps. no need to shake the syringe to break up spore clumps, just tilt it up and down so that the air bubble travels throughout the syringe.

- once this process is complete you have a finished spore syringe. let it sit for 24 hours to rehydrate the spores before you innoculate your pf jars.

this info could be found in the teks but my way is a bit simplified (or so it seems to me).

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: hyphae]
    #3001202 - 08/13/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dcyans said:
Put it at the side and you'll have a much easier time getting innoc. once the jar gets below 1/2. below 1/3 it's gets to be a neccessity! :wink:

You missed one detail, the jar is always full, it never gets depleated. So there never is 1/2 jar or 1/3 jar, it is always a full jar. The spore water just gets slightly more diluted, but that doesn't matter at all. You can do over 100 syringes from the same jar, so long as you don't contaminate it.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3001437 - 08/13/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

meanoldman said:
Quote:

dcyans said:

You missed one detail, the jar is always full, it never gets depleated. So there never is 1/2 jar or 1/3 jar, it is always a full jar. The spore water just gets slightly more diluted, but that doesn't matter at all. You can do over 100 syringes from the same jar, so long as you don't contaminate it.

Ah you are right! I was thinking of when I make a "lot" (10-20) syringes with only the spore solution and fresh sterile syringes fresh outta the pack. I'm limited to 20 max in case of contams we need to keep batches small as sometimes we get contaminated prints. Sorry different tek :wink: nevermind me I like my weed also! :lol: :peace:

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: TODAY]
    #3002307 - 08/13/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

can we stop with the flame sterilizing crap please...I've seen enough of it...I've been doing this long enough to know all you need is the alcohol wipe to sterilize it

everything else I agree with accept the hat unless you have long hair...I'd recommend a dry wall mask tho..a lot of contams come from your mouth

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3002467 - 08/13/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

take a jar. sterilize it. sterilize urself, and go outside (less contams out there) then place the shroom in there. leave sporeprint on bottom of jar. sterilize urself and go outside then remove the cap. add sterile water to the jar and suck it into the syringe.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinejeffernan
HeadAddict
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #11816709 - 01/12/10 05:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

going to try this tek tonight thanks guys

--------------------
anything written or posted by me is purely fictional. i do not grow "magic" mushrooms nor do i know anyone that does. anything posted is for mis-informational purposes only. thank you :grin: :mushroom2:

GRAIN LC TEK

DOCS WBS TEK

-thanks guys:thumbup:

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: No glove box...making syringes? Best way? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #11816764 - 01/12/10 05:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jeffernan said:
going to try this tek tonight thanks guys

PLEASE DONT
this thread is 5+ years old
and the last 2 posts are full of bad info

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
can we stop with the flame sterilizing crap please...I've seen enough of it...I've been doing this long enough to know all you need is the alcohol wipe to sterilize it

your mouth

you always flame sterilize
alcohol will not kill contams
its a sanitizer not a sterilizer

Quote:

4hodmt said:
take a jar. sterilize it. sterilize urself, and go outside (less contams out there) then place the shroom in there. leave sporeprint on bottom of jar. sterilize urself and go outside then remove the cap. add sterile water to the jar and suck it into the syringe.

and this guy is an idiot
just think what is blowing around outside
molds,pollen,bacteria,ect...

make a glove box
even if its a cheap one like this

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale