Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Sorting through a trip
    #2996696 - 08/12/04 07:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Spurred on by my amazing foray into the world of psychedelics with a 1.6 gram dose of mushrooms, I waited six weeks and then decided it was time for another visit to the world of shrooms. This time I ate 2.5 grams. It was....well.....an experience. Six days later, and I still can't wrap my mind around what happened. I don't really know anyone personally in the mushroom using community, so I'm going to share here.

During the first part of the trip, I managed to accomplish all of the following: get stuck in a loop of rearranging my room, become God, set up candles around an Aztec area rug and worship it, stare at a wooden door for extended periods of time, merge with a closet door, see Jesus in the floor, decide my feet were dirty and proceed to wash them, discover that the first track on "Are You Shpongled" could be the most singularly amazing thing one could imagine while tripping, and then end up yearning with all my might to become a piece of wood.

Oh god, the thinking I was forced to do while all this happened. A continual, disruptive cascade of thoughts ran through my mind. Before I could finish one, another one would force into my head. After two hours of this, I had thought a lifetime of thoughts. I thought so much that I had to leave my room and go to another room (for whatever reason) and lay on the floor and heave huge sighs of exhaustion. Then I'd go back for more.

After all that was accomplished, I laid on the cool wooden floor and suddenly my pathetic existence and ego laid on me like a lead balloon. I groaned and rolled around as the insignificance of my life unrolled before me. Stupidity, worthlessness and insignificance became the buzzwords.

So it was that on my second mushroom trip and my first trip over two grams that I brilliantly decided a solo walk to the beach three blocks away was a good idea.....at 1 in the morning. Halfway there I realised just what kind of idea that was. However, there seemed to be no turning back. Three minutes and an experiential lifetime from the apartment I arrived at the beach.

One one side of the street were tall luxury apartment buildings and condos. On the other side of the street were tall green trees, the sand and then the ocean. I walked on the sidewalk underneath the trees, and they took me in with open arms. I walked underneath their protective embrace and they had a few things to show me.

Oh dear spirits, the wisdom of trees. I'll never look at a tree the same way again. When a magnificent group of towering trees decides it's time to teach you a few lessons, you're in for the jolt of a lifetime. The thought process of the past couple hours became child's play as the trees began to direct my attention to the human condition. From their sheltering embrace they gave me a real look at those buildings and the humans beings living in them. I had insights and revelations that came from only who knows where.

I might be a 30 year old college educated professional, but whatever knowledge opened up to me was ages beyond any wisdom that I have ever explored. It was timeless, enduring and eternal. I couldn't have dreamed up those things on my own in a million years. I can't put the picture into words because it's a concept bigger than words. I can never sum it up, but the the closest approximation might be something like "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

So I ask you guys: What happened? Something huge happened to me throughout that whole experience, but I have no idea what. I can't even remember that clearly what it was that I saw. I am having trouble working through this experience. It's not like I'm anxious, scared, worried or anything like that. I haven't experienced any feelings of sadness or alienation either.

But still.....I touched something so magnificent, so huge, so significant. Now it's out there, and I feel like I'm desperately trying to make some sense of it. My first trip in retrospect was probably a level 1 trip. It was about self affirmation and living the good life.

This trip was an entirely different matter. I'm guessing it was a solid level 2 with maybe some elements of level 3. I'm assuming this experience is common with the psychedelic community.

Although I grew up in a very religious environment and am not new to spirituality, this is something a world apart from Christianity and formal religion. This was more like a look at the base foundations which inspired religious thought and inquiry........something far beyond man made attempts to quantify and qualify.

I dunno, I guess I'll stop there. This seems like so much incoherent rambling, but I'd love to hear some feedback.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Dog Lover

Re: Sorting through a trip [Re: Tranceport]
    #2996894 - 08/12/04 07:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms have a way of exposing the bare truth, watchout you may find things about yourself you find........ bad or great.
Sounds like you finally have found the real path to education.

Mabey you should get high more often.
After 20 years of smokin,shroomin,flying on LSD I am still asking the questions you are asking

What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: Sorting through a trip [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #2997712 - 08/12/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Fucknuckle said:

:thumbup: yeah man.

I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Sorting through a trip [Re: vade]
    #2997737 - 08/12/04 11:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Turn what you found into something great.

Use it, and you will be safe and happy.

Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Sorting through a trip [Re: Tranceport]
    #2998024 - 08/13/04 12:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think the answer you're looking for is just to eat more mushrooms and trip more often. Trip when you feel comfortable in doing it again, there's no need to rush things. If you trip to often that magic dissappears quick, believe me.

To sort out your past trips, time helps the most. I find that as months go by, I'm understanding and integrating more and more from past trips. Also, in the days and weeks after a trip, I like to turn all that energy I have into something creative and productive, whether it's a drawing, writing a song, whatever. It really helps to come to terms with what happened and to move on.

If you want to remember your trips better, look into Syrian Rue. I haven't personally tried it, but it supposedly helps your memory, but it does make you trip harder (I think it's an MAOI).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience