Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesonoii
Stranger
Ruined mushrooms...?
    #2995027 - 08/12/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hi!

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong forum for my question, but I couldn't find one more appropriate...

So, my problem is that I've acquired some fresh mushrooms a while ago... As I didn't have a fridge available at that time, and I didn't know how long I would have to go without one (and I didn't have the possibility to dry them right away), I threw them into some 99% ethanol. Three days later, it became clear that I would have to go without a fridge for a long while, so I decided to dry them. As I didn't have much time, I dried them in the oven...
This is where I believe I fscked up... After taking them out of the ethanol (I don't believe much Psilocybin was lost to the solvent. It was just moderately brown and smelled like mushrooms) I dried them, stupid as I was I put some paper towels around them and lay a few huge book on them. This complete squashed the poor shrooms... They turned totally black, and AFAIK, blueing indicates oxidization of the active compound... SO I believe this black is just a very intense blue which means much of the active compounds has been oxidized.
Then I tried them in the oven, which worked....

Now I have small, flat, completely black dry mushrooms. They don't look very good :frown:
My question is, does the complete blackening of the mushrooms mean pretty much all of the psilocybin/psilocin is oxidized and gone? Could there be an potency left at all? I'm afraid I have no picture to demonstrate the mess, maybe I'll post one soon...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Loc: I don't know
Re: Ruined mushrooms...? [Re: sonoii]
    #2995035 - 08/12/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

From what I've read black mushroom = bad news. I wouldn't trust it. I also don't think that they would be potent seeing as you used an oven to dry them. Next time try some damp-rid. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I would assume.

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
Re: Ruined mushrooms...? [Re: Julia]
    #2995586 - 08/12/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you should ahve just ate them, or gave em to some one would eat. them. you could have jsut dried them with a box fan. it doesnt sound liek they are any good now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate