Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Al Sadr
    #2995541 - 08/12/04 02:20 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Get Bin Laden; get Bin Laden!

Get Hussein; get Hussein!

Get Sadr; get Sadr!

Al Sadr was not even remotely a threat until we first killed some 24 citizens in his hometown. When he retaliated (as most any patriot on this board would do if foreign troops killed your neighbors), we label him as evil fanatic. After we kill him, we will need a new embodiment of "evil" as that is the way the western mind works.

His death will satisfy US military lust (and the media) for one day. Wow, what an amazing accomplishment that will make the world safer.

This whole scenario reminds me of the child who crawled into the polar bear cage, irritated the bear, then was mauled. The "evil" polar bear had to be put down to make the world a safer place.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Al Sadr [Re: Swami]
    #2995900 - 08/12/04 04:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

> Al Sadr was not even remotely a threat until we first killed some 24 citizens in his hometown.

Eh? Isn't this the guy that was killing off rival clerics clear back when Hussein was in power?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Al Sadr [Re: Seuss]
    #2995930 - 08/12/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Were these rival clerics US citizens perhaps?

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2996011 - 08/12/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

> Were these rival clerics US citizens perhaps?

I don't think so, but I am not as educated as I would need to be about this topic in order to debate properly.  From what I understand, it is kind of like a Catholic vs Prodestant type of thing, only with Islam instead of Christianity.  Again, I may be typing out of ignorance here... :wink:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2996557 - 08/12/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sadr became a problem when he murdered a rival Shiite cleric after Saddam's removal, resisted arrest by creating an army,and became a political agent for Iran. The first uprising happened because Sadr was resisting arrest and his paper got shut down for falsely attributing terrorist suicide bombings to the Americans. He got mad and decided to start a violent backlash against the coalition. He then claimed he had more authority over Iraq than the governing council and proceeded to take parts of Iraq and hide himself behind religious shrines.

Sadr is bullying the people of Najaf, inciting hatred and violence, has commited murder, is working to overthrow the Iraqi government to replace it with an Iranian theocracy, and hides his fighters in
mosques, hospitals and schools.
Seeing as he is working for Iran: not a patriot. Seeing as he uses soft targets and human shields: not a patriot. And lastly that he murders his rivals and delibaretely destablizes his country: not a patriot.
I hope his militia gets crushed. I don't know what you are talking about him being a victim and reacting to US troops allegedly killing people in his hometown for no reason. Do you even have source for that? He became a problem when he began murdering his allies, printing anti-coalition propaganda and putting small parts of Iraq under autocratic rule.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2997432 - 08/12/04 09:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The U.S. also shut down his newspaper a long time ago - that, combined with military offenses on his hometown, he finally had enough and took up arms. Although Sistani isn't too pleased with Sadr using the Imam Ali shrine for his benefit.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Al Sadr [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2997441 - 08/12/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Sadr became a problem when he murdered a rival Shiite cleric after Saddam's removal, resisted arrest by creating an army,and became a political agent for Iran. The first uprising happened because Sadr was resisting arrest and his paper got shut down for falsely attributing terrorist suicide bombings to the Americans. He got mad and decided to start a violent backlash against the coalition. He then claimed he had more authority over Iraq than the governing council and proceeded to take parts of Iraq and hide himself behind religious shrines.

Sadr is bullying the people of Najaf, inciting hatred and violence, has commited murder, is working to overthrow the Iraqi government to replace it with an Iranian theocracy, and hides his fighters in
mosques, hospitals and schools.
Seeing as he is working for Iran: not a patriot. Seeing as he uses soft targets and human shields: not a patriot. And lastly that he murders his rivals and delibaretely destablizes his country: not a patriot.
I hope his militia gets crushed. I don't know what you are talking about him being a victim and reacting to US troops allegedly killing people in his hometown for no reason. Do you even have source for that? He became a problem when he began murdering his allies, printing anti-coalition propaganda and putting small parts of Iraq under autocratic rule.

Can you back up any of those claims?

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Al Sadr [Re: Seuss]
    #2997469 - 08/12/04 10:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Were these rival clerics US citizens perhaps?

I don't think so, but I am not as educated as I would need to be about this topic in order to debate properly.  From what I understand, it is kind of like a Catholic vs Prodestant type of thing, only with Islam instead of Christianity.  Again, I may be typing out of ignorance here... :wink:

No, you're right. Like in Christianity with the Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant movement, Islam has the mainstream Sunnis (Which means to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet) and the Shias (Those who follow the faction of Imam Ali), which are counterpart to Protestants. However, the Shia didn't come to exist over theological differences, but political ones about 1400 years ago when the Muslims were trying to determine who should be caliph: Umar, or Ali. Some people believed it should be Umar according to Muhammad's Sunnah, and some believed that Ali should have been caliph. This disagreement basically split alot of Muslims up, and over time the Shias developed their own theology of Islam in rebellion to the Sunnis. Thus we have Sunnis and Shias.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3000018 - 08/13/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think it's all a plot by the T-shirt companies. The "Fuck Bin laden" shirts arn't selling anymore so they're hoping to get a little action going with the "Fuck Sadr" ones.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #3005056 - 08/14/04 07:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:Sadr is bullying the people of Najaf, inciting hatred and violence, has commited murder, is working to overthrow the Iraqi government to replace it [...].

Meaning he's breaking the US monopoly?  :wink:

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3005177 - 08/14/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the USA creates all of our "enemies" we made bin laden, gave sadam the gas he used to defeat iran/ kill kurds , we created al-sadr. The CIA calls the phenomenon "blowback" when the USA does something sneaky and underhanded (the kind of thig we will never hear about) like overthrow a gov't or arm militants we expect "Blowback" which is retaliation for our actions.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Al Sadr [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3005208 - 08/14/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

he is a book u should read if u wanna learn something :

Blowback
The Costs and Consequences of American Empire
by Chalmers Johnson

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3006610 - 08/15/04 10:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well, once again this board shows that certain people will back anyone who is against the US and liberal democracy.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3006618 - 08/15/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you know nothing of swami if you think that

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3006745 - 08/15/04 10:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry, but all these people claim "the US doesn't really want freedom, peace or democracy in Iraq," well here is a guy who really does oppose freedom and democracy in Iraq and is trying to start a civil war that would crush all hope of stability in his country, and everyone on this board is lining up to defend him? You guys complain about not having enough civil liberties yet sympathize with this guy who wants to impose an Iranian style Islamic government that prohibits liberties to a scale not seen in this country for a century? Try running medical marijuana past him.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3007475 - 08/16/04 01:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

For the fourth time I ask with no direct response: If foreign troops invaded your city and killed your neighbors, what would you do?

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3007479 - 08/16/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If i had been living under a brutal dictator who slaughtered my countrymen on a whim; well darnnit, i might just help.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3007483 - 08/16/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe you should put it this way: If foreign troops invaded your city and overthrew a dictator, what would you do?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Al Sadr [Re: d33p]
    #3007514 - 08/16/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You win the award for most disingenous response. And if one of those killed by the invaders was relative or friend, you would welcome them with open arms, eh?

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Al Sadr [Re: downforpot]
    #3007525 - 08/16/04 01:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I doubt any of them see it that way, and if you were in the same situation, it's doubtful you would also

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion