Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Farmer faces mushroom woes
    #2985925 - 08/10/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/front/282287100148042.php

Farmer faces mushroom woes

Tue, Aug 10, 2004

Trespassing teenagers on hunt for drugs damaging property, peace
By CHRIS BRENNAMAN

The Brunswick News

Sonny Livingston and his family like their privacy.

Nestled in rural southern Glynn County, off U.S. Highway 82, the Livingstons raise cattle on land that has been in the family since the late 1800s.

In recent years, however, they have found their solitude broken by thrill-seeking incursions.

"We get kids on a regular basis out here, looking for mushrooms," he said.

"They come out here at all hours of the night, looking for them."

The mushrooms Livingston is talking about are not the type in supermarket produce sections.

They are the kind that, when consumed, can induce an LSD-like high.

Common in cow pastures, psilocybe mushrooms are typically boiled to make a tea.

Drinking the tea can produce effects like mild hallucinations or a generally relaxed feeling.

This year, Livingston said he has caught five or six groups of teenagers trespassing to find the mushrooms."I've held a few of them," Livingston said. "I'll block their cars and wait for them to wander out of the woods."

Each time he has caught a group, he has called the Glynn County Police Department and called the parents of the trespassing teens.

"They admit what they're doing," Livingston said.

"But a lot of times, their parents don't want to believe that their kids are doing what they're doing.

"One woman told me, 'Well that's not possible because my child is an honor student.' Well, that honor student got caught."

Livingston is getting fed up with the late-night phone calls to police and looking out of his window at 5 a.m. and seeing flashlight beams in his fields.

"The police come out here, but I feel like they're not doing anything to them," Livingston said.

"All they tell us is that they can give them a warning."

Livingston said his property has been damaged by the trespassers, too.

Gates have been broken, fences have been damaged, and his cows are getting stressed.

"I feel like we're a bunch of nobodies around here," he said.

However, Capt. Marissa Tindale of the Glynn County Police Department said everything that police can do is being done.

"We respond as we respond to any call," she said.

"Looking at the incident reports, it says that the officers did issue warnings. That is normal procedure, no matter where you live."

Tindale said police procedure in criminal trespass complaints is for property owners, like Livingston, to tell the trespassers not to return, while an officer is present.

"His (Livingston's) incidents are being dealt with no differently than they would be had they occurred at any other location in the county."

Tindale said that Livingston can take the matter further, if he so chooses.

"He can go down to juvenile court and talk to them about filing a trespassing complaint," Tindale said.

"After that, it's up to a judge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Anno]
    #2986683 - 08/10/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

".......his cows are getting stressed"

"Drinking the tea can produce ..... a generally relaxed feeling"

Sounds like his cows need to try them there 'shrooms out to ease their stress and anxiety.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2994515 - 08/12/04 03:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would give that farmer a 1 rating if he was on shroomery. why doesnt he make some money selling his "crops"? ignorant people.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Signo]
    #2994589 - 08/12/04 05:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> why doesnt he make some money selling his "crops"?

Because then he would be a 'bad person' like a serial killer or rapist and would need to have all his property taken and sold off so that we can pay to put him in a little jail cell for the rest of his life in order to keep the rest of us safe.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3009002 - 08/16/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Cows already eat the magic shrooms while eating the grass in the pastures. they have been doing that for centuries. why do you think they are always lying down in the field?

I personally have seen Copelandia species dangking from the mouths of cows in Hawaii and buffalo in Koh Samui. That is why they are always lying down in the fields.

mj

And there are dozens of reports of irate farmers from Comex Valley in BC to Bandon, Oregon posted inmy grapevoine section o fmy web-site where helicoptors once warned hundreds of pickers every weekend to leave the fields with bullhorns telling them their cars would be towed and they would get tickets for trespassing.

Remember in Florida, cottonmouths, water mocassins and Eastern Diamondback rattlers roam the pastures at night.

I once hid in a swamp when a carlight flashed at me in a field in Jacksonville, Florida at dinsmore dairy at 3 am in the morn. I jumped a fence and hid in 4 feet of swamp water for ten minutes until the horn started blowing. It was my sister getting pissed at me for taking so long in the pasture.

had bug bites I never knew existed.

Night picking can be very dangerous. A farmer could shoot you for being on their property. This already happened in Florida where a deputy sheriff shot two handcuffed mushroom pickers in the back after he told them he would h if he ever saw them in the field again.
Luckilly another sheriff driving by saw the whole incident and arrested the cop. The cop got an 8 year sentence for manslaughter and was out in less than t five years.
mj

Edited by mjshroomer (08/16/04 01:02 PM)

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3019276 - 08/18/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
The cop got an 8 year sentence for manslaughter and was out in less than five years.

:wtf:

--------------------

Offlineadamole666
The UK sub man

Loc: UK, Yorkshire
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: ivi]
    #3022155 - 08/19/04 05:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Night picking? i have never thought of that. So you just go in with a flashlight and hunt? why not go in the daytime?
Nobody does that in the UK because our farmers are friendly old english people with a good sense on shit. Good old english people.
Although some have shotguns...................

--------------------
Pan subs.........libertys.........UK!
Sub man says: "Always check your balls for cancer"
Sub man also says: "Oh susanna, don`t you cry for me"
Sub man says: "When my datura grew, i grew"
Sub man also says: "I`m singing in the rain"
Sub man says: "I`m standing alone, i`m watching you all, i`m watching you sinking......"
Sub man says: "All those moments, lost, like tears in the rain......."
Sub man says:" for your datura, brugmansia, and liberty cap needs, go to:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: adamole666]
    #3025267 - 08/19/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

one night i was in a florida pasture walking
and a rattlesnake rattled its tail against my
pant-leg.
i jumped about 30 feet in the air,
didnt get bit though.

thats the only time ive ever
encountered a rattlesnake.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3028765 - 08/20/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

lol

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: adamole666]
    #3036713 - 08/22/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've only been hunting at night one time. It sucked balls. Now I have a place that I can go in the day time and walk around at my leisure. I wouldn't want to do it any other way.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3054113 - 08/26/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have to go during the night because the farmers are in the feild during the day.

OfflineMadnessplus
journeyman
Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3054218 - 08/26/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a solution. 12gauge pump action wenchester model 1300 shotgun. Works wonders!

Anonymous

Re: Farmer faces mushroom woes [Re: Anno]
    #3055826 - 08/26/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if the idiots didnt break gates and rile up the cows i dont see a problem. but they are apparently selfish in their hunts. not giving a fuck about anything but themselves and finding shrooms.

of course, im sure not everyone who picked there was disrespectful, its always a handful of fuck ups that ruin it for all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies