Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
medical conspiracy???
    #2993048 - 08/11/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

there is this doc in australia that has this machine that can cure most cancers and has had this machine for the past 30 years and cured up or over 10 000 patients. he has been called a quack and been black listed from all medical boards and conventions. and its not till now that our government has come to recognised that this machine might "acutally" work. is it right to have this machine to save all these people and have the world over populated or is it right to let them die and keep the population in control????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: spudamore]
    #2993061 - 08/11/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

what kind of machine is that? any links

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Anonymous

#2993065 - 08/11/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Are you talking about Royal Raymond Rife?

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #2993067 - 08/11/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i posted it it in heaven is coming to earth post but i'll post it again

OfflineArchemetis
    #2993068 - 08/11/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

didnt spacedragon mention a machine like that in the never ending thread?

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #2993071 - 08/11/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #2993095 - 08/11/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think it works on the same theory as that

Anonymous

#2993107 - 08/11/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If a cure for cancer was discovered and released to the public overnight, the American Medical Association alone would stand to lose billions of dollars. It certainly does make you wonder.

EDIT: This sounds very similar to Rife's machine, and I wouldn't be surprised if this guy learned about it from Rife. There was a lot of controversy over his technique. Basically what happened was Rife's reputation and career was ruined by the American Medical Association, and his lab and machinery was destroyed in a fire that probably wasn't started by accident. BTW this probably belongs in the S&T forum.

Edited by Max Headroom (08/11/04 08:53 PM)

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: ]
    #2993376 - 08/11/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think it belongs here because i am asking if its alright to give to the public and risk over population or let these people die and control the population

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2993390 - 08/11/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

McKenna should've tried it. From what I've heard, he was willing to try anything to get rid of his brain cancer

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#2993683 - 08/11/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well, that article had absolutely no mention of how it's supposed to work..
glucose-blocking agent.. ok i'm with you.. why?
well, so that when we shine these.. radio waves.. at you.. something happens and your cancer goes away.

i'm sure there's more to his theory than that. if there's not, he's been rightfully villified -- you can't make something up, say it works, and not find out HOW it works.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2993791 - 08/11/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well i am no medical scientist but his contact no. is at the bottom of that link if you care to ask him the questions. i can't see how 10 000 people can be wrong. he has written documents on how it works but they were scraped by the medical assosciations.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #2994122 - 08/12/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"i can't see how 10 000 people can be wrong"

dangerous thinking. A hell of alot more than ten thousand can be wrong.

Not trying to comment on the doctor or anything, but the potential for human stupidity should never be underestimated

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2994269 - 08/12/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps it actually works, or perhaps it is the work of the subconscious mind, like those wheelchair bound who go into a church and then suddenly can stand again. Or perhaps it's a combination of both, with the power of belief driving a weakened cancer out. 10,000 people out of how many?

Though the recoveries stated in that article seem even a stretch for the subconscious mind, so logically it would seem that there is something more to this invention than mere quackery and belief. It should be researched more, not villified by people who find it unorthodox. If they wanted to villify it they should disprove it first, not just slander it

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2994313 - 08/12/04 01:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe this.

I also believe there is a cure for AIDS too. Look at all the famous people over the years who have gotten AIDS, and then go into treatment for a while and POOF it disappears (ie Magic Johnson of the Los Angeles Lakers..).

I think this is because instead of just curing the disease, there is so much more money to be made by having them to go therapists and all this kind of stuff, and giving them pills that they have to take regularly that make it so the drug is just BARELY still in their system.

WE ARE BEING SCAMMED, PEOPLE!

Stop buying pharmaceuticals!!

I am currently suffering from some kind of virus - I've got a cold or something... I've been caughing and blowing my nose all week so far. One of my friends said "hey take ekinasia (or however the fuck its spelled) - it works."

I told him "I'm sure it DOES work, dude but I'm not taking any of it, because then I'll have to take it next time too."

All of these pharmaceuticals are making the diseases stronger and the people weaker.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2994332 - 08/12/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well just over 10 000 people have been treated and almost all of them are cured. the news show has statements from almost all the people that have been treated.
i don't think its dangerous thinking. i would prefer to go to this doc than being sick everday for that last years of my life.
most of these people only used this treatment as a last resort after having chemo and have about 2 months left to live. and after three weeks treatment and $1000au lighter they come out of it only feeling the side effects of the chemo they had before minus the cancer

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2994617 - 08/12/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

From the posted story:

Quote:

Dr Holt's controversial treatment works, in layperson's terms, by giving the patient an injection of a glucose-blocking agent. He then shines "radio waves" into the body at a specific frequency. Dr Holt doesn't guarantee it will cure every cancer, but it's not expensive and there's no quackery about it.

As a medical doctor, he should know that everything is quackery (by western medical standards) until it has been shown to be effective in unbiased clinical trials. Even things that western medicine that were thought to be quackery, such as accupuncture, are accepted after clinical trials show benefit. If he wanted to be taken seriously, he should have done a scientific study and published his results.

Quote:

It is an unproven form of cancer treatment and it's not part of the armoury of orthodox ways of treating cancer in Australia," said Clive Deverill, the former boss of WA's Cancer Council. "Equally, there are legions of patients who have been down that track who can't say anything about their position because they're dead."

I am not saying that it doesn't work, but until somebody can show in scientific terms that it does, it is quackery. I also saw nothing in the story about 10,000 cures... they mention only two, by name, over a thirty year period (not to say there are not more). The only line I could find that relates to number of cures is:

Quote:

For over 30 years Perth-based surgeon Dr John Holt has cured thousands of cancer sufferers

Digging more I found even smaller numbers quoted: (http://mignuna.joeuser.com/index.asp?c=1&u=0)

Quote:

since 1974, dr holt has cured over 300 cancer patients

> well just over 10 000 people have been treated and almost all of them are cured. the news show has statements from almost all the people that have been treated.

Must have been a very long news show. If each person got 10 seconds, which isn't very long, to make a statement... 10 x 10,000 = 100,000 seconds with 3600 seconds per hour, is around 27 hours...

Also, let us not forget about side effects; another reason why clinical trials are important. For example (http://www.ompress.com/community-faq-5.htm:

Quote:

Questioner: Could Microwave Therapy- being a pro-oxidant treatment- make a slow growing cancer into an aggressive one? -Especially as its unlikely to destroy fully a non-aggressive cancer. Dr. John Holt of Western Australia has had spectacular successes with aggressive cancers with Microwave therapy combined with a glucose blocking agent.

JB: I am not too familiar with microwave therapy and how it works, but in general while there is some concern (in my mind) about pro-oxidant therapies in the long term, such therapies might be a good choice in some situations. For example, for a patient with advanced and aggressive cancer, the immediate results that could be seen with some pro-oxidant therapies might outweigh concerns about genetic changes down the road. And I might add that my concern about pro-oxidant therapies is still theoretical. While it makes sense to me, there is not yet solid research to back it up.

And for everybody that feels that the man is keeping the doctor down:

Quote:

the doctor himself has never helped his own cause, maintaining a strict 'no publicity' ethic, and refusing interviews for most of his decades in practice. now aged 69, he has never actually claimed to have been able to cure cancer, and still does not.

It would be very cool if his techniques are found to work. Of course the pharm companies would make a fortune off of the machines they produce, just like they do off of MRIs, etc, but having a cure would be worth it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2994627 - 08/12/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Echinacea helps to boost the immune system, its a herb not a pharm and its quite safe and effective. I dont think it cures viruses though, just helps to prevent them. I might be wrong...

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: Seuss]
    #2994683 - 08/12/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

watch the interview there is a link at the top of the page for it. there was more of that interview on tv. that went to explain that the ACA interviewed over 2 thousand people in a 5 month period and and got profiles and quotes of at least another 5 or 6 thousand just yesterday and today. but we will find out more in a month or so. there are 1000s more quued up to have the treatment and the ACA are going to keep updates on the progress

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: medical conspiracy??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2995073 - 08/12/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

strumpling, don't be paranoid. echinacea doesn't work as you think it does. It's a plant that boosts the immune system.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder