Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegratefultenaciousj
journeyman
Heating Pad?
    #2992568 - 08/11/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When using a mycobag in incubation period, for B+ or Ecuador strain, does it need to be kept above room temp (about 72)? If so, which I believe I've heard, would wraping a heating pad around it work? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: Heating Pad? [Re: gratefultenaciousj]
    #2992591 - 08/11/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if it is a cube then you should always incubate 84-86 deg. f. and no, never use a heating pad for anything except soothing body aches.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

journeyman
    #2992740 - 08/11/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What would be good to use then that is convenient? Im thinking maybe behind the seats of my truck. Its been averaging a little over 80 degrees here. Just is there any danger of overheating?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2992985 - 08/11/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

absolutly...you need consistant temps and a car is BAD for that. When its 80 out it could be 100 in your car killing your myc. Then theres night time. Find a warm spot in your house (think water heater, top of fridge ect) anywhere that gets 80-86 and stick it there. A Fish tank heater works well. I would imagine you could get a heating pad to work but I dont know for sure. Just dont put it directly to the bag, use the pad to heat up a chamber with the bag in it, blankets seperating..something. Mabye wrap it up using a few towels and in a drawer with the bag..dunno just some thoughts. Ghetto but may work ok.

And remember too hot=dead myc, too cold=slow growth, but not dead myc (to a point)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: Heating Pad? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #2993034 - 08/11/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My foaf uses a heating pad frequently with satisfactory results. Although, this isn't recommended! They can be dangerous. If you are in a pinch and need to use one, just don't set anything with weight on top of it. On a note: Room temp (70-above) usually will do just fine, it just might take 2-3 days longer...but patience is a virtue. Good luck!

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

journeyman
Re: Heating Pad? [Re: QandA]
    #2993130 - 08/11/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

QandA how exactly does he use the heat pad? Because as Scat said directly on it will most likely kill the myc. Also anybody know price ranges of a fish tank heater?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2993304 - 08/11/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

off ebay, i just got a second with the temp control seperate and such, real nice for tub in tub..was about 23 bucks? Something like that..just put it in today for a second incubator..works wonderfully. Bar far the best method. A bit much for just a bag though...

Oh another one AFOAF uses is a box on top of his computer..its some sort of silly fast processor and the vent blows right under the tub. Keeps it about 82. Would be a little less for a normal computer but they still put out heat.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: Heating Pad? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #2993530 - 08/11/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

heh, I coincidentally had my tub on top of one of my computers at first but it didn't work so good. So I built a tub-in-tub instead.

OfflineKonkeyDong
Re: Heating Pad? [Re: Spudz76]
    #2994149 - 08/12/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Tub in tub costs:

Heater: $10-$30 (Depending on wattage and vendor). Wal-mart, ebay, petsmart...blah blah. But it must be FULLY SUBMERSIBLE.

Tubs= 2-10 bucks a piece (you need 2). Wal mart. I feel like I just ate a bunch of food at the buffet in the TEK section and I felt obligated to vomit it all over your forehead.

Reading between the lines made easy...

------------------------------------------------
Read the incubation teks and then ask questions.
------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale