Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBleaK
paradox
i could solve all the worlds problems if only...
    #2991779 - 08/11/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i could create mass free energy...

i was wondering with all the fighting going on around energy..
why dont all the smart private investors, invest in free energy?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: i could solve all the worlds problems if only... [Re: BleaK]
    #2991818 - 08/11/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There is free energy, its called the sun.

Also why would "smart private investors" invest in anything that is going to be free?

Energy is pretty damm cheap nowdays...In the past you had to till the field 12 hrs a day 6 days a week just to get enough energy to feed yourself.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: i could solve all the worlds problems if only... [Re: DieCommie]
    #2991839 - 08/11/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
There is free energy, its called the sun.

i was thinking of some source abundant enough to makeup for when we run out of oil.
Quote:

Also why would "smart private investors" invest in anything that is going to be free?

they should realize theyre investing in future life, which is more important than future money.
Quote:

Energy is pretty damm cheap nowdays...In the past you had to till the field 12 hrs a day 6 days a week just to get enough energy to feed yourself.

i disagree. i doubt it took that much effort to grow a small crop of vegetables and fruit.

nor would i really consider gardening or tending goats "work".

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #2991858 - 08/11/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

In the next few decades, the price of oil will probably make renewable energy sources economically viable. Hydro power is already quite cheap (although nowhere near as cheap as oil).

I think it was Shell (or maybe Esso) that recently announced that they were investing a billion dollars on renewable energy sources. Hopefully that will improve the technology and have an effect on the prices of renewable energy.

InvisibleDieCommie

#2991882 - 08/11/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BleaK said:
i was thinking of some source abundant enough to makeup for when we run out of oil.

When we run out of oil, we will invent a new energy source or use an old source like man power or nuclear power.

Quote:

they should realize theyre investing in future life, which is more important than future money.

Well they need money to eat...if they dont eat there wont be future life....unless they grow there own food...but then they wouldnt have time to invent alternate energy...
Quote:

i disagree. i doubt it took that much effort to grow a small crop of vegetables and fruit.

Wow your completly wrong on this. Growing enough food to keep a family alive takes alot more than a "small crop". Were talking about 3 meals a day, and you have to grow enough to survive the winter. You also have to mend equipment and clothes and your house. You have to store months worth of extra food incase of drought or if you get sick or other disaster. You also have to feed the goats. This situation is a lifetime of back breaking labor with the only reward being another day to till the field.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #2991900 - 08/11/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think the economics will push alternatives to market before we run out of oil. I think bio-fuels are a good option as we can convert existing technology to run of them at minimal cost.
I also think it will be the oil companies that do it, after all they know about refining and the logistics of shifting the stuff around the world.

The stone age did not end because of a stone shortage.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2991908 - 08/11/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

BleaK said:

When we run out of oil, we will invent a new energy source or use an old source like man power or nuclear power.

Quote:

Well they need money to eat...if they dont eat there wont be future life....unless they grow there own food...but then they wouldnt have time to invent alternate energy...
Quote:

Wow your completly wrong on this. Growing enough food to keep a family alive takes alot more than a "small crop". Were talking about 3 meals a day, and you have to grow enough to survive the winter. You also have to mend equipment and clothes and your house. You have to store months worth of extra food incase of drought or if you get sick or other disaster. You also have to feed the goats. This situation is a lifetime of back breaking labor with the only reward being another day to till the field.

agreed.

one a side note, i think the investors would have pleanty of time..

i note an experience in a music class.

when 3 germans came to sit in.
this was one of the most advanced theory classes at my college.
we were sight sining some crazy peice and having alot of trouble.

the 3 germans asked if they could try.

after singing it perfectly on the first time through.
the proffessor asked if they were singers..
they said "no".
he asked if they at least were musicians,
they said "no"
he said well then, what do you do?

they said, "Were pig farmers".

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2992041 - 08/11/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You are all forgeting that big ass corporations don't give a shit about the people and want to make as much profit as possible. Maybe not all of them to the same extent but the main goal of companies is to make a profit.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: i could solve all the worlds problems if only... [Re: downforpot]
    #2992045 - 08/11/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
You are all forgeting that big ass corporations don't give a shit about the people and want to make as much profit as possible. Maybe not all of them to the same extent but the main goal of companies is to make a profit.

i know this, i just made it pretty clear in another post....

i think the islamic bank post.

--------------------

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: i could solve all the worlds problems if only... [Re: downforpot]
    #2992062 - 08/11/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:

I don't see the oil companies saying, right lads, oil's off, lets pack in and go home.
Oil companies, or energy companies as they seem to prefer to be called now, are the largest holders of alternative energy patents. Its just there is little business incentive to bring them to market now, mother nature is not a stockholder or customer.

Edited by psilomonkey (08/11/04 04:46 PM)

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: i could solve all the worlds problems if only... [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2992104 - 08/11/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psilomonkey said:
Quote:

downforpot said:

I don't see the oil companies saying, right lads, oil's off, lets pack in and go home.
Oil companies, or energy companies as they seem to prefer to be called now, are the largest holders of alternative energy patents. Its just there is little business incentive to bring them to market now, mother nature is not a stockholder or customer.

interesting, so they finance new energy, then hold the patents till the old energy runs out.
this way they continue their energy monopoly...

:mad2:

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2992269 - 08/11/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's the goal of the majority of companies. I wouldn't mind being in control of resources and make billions.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2992293 - 08/11/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

people are working on it, but not enough

personally, if you compare with the rise of technology that we have, the standards that cars run at is atrocious.

In my view, cars should be required to run at 100 miles per gallon. maybe I'm far fetched, but if they really cared I think it could have been done by now.

ah...and we won't run out of oil for a very long time. we will run out of oil that is economically efficient to drill for.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale